Vogue Paris April 2015 : Charlotte Casiraghi by Mario Testino

When I first saw 5 to 7, I was super happy because it had this French Vogue vibe to it. It reflected the VP that I loved (Seductive, visually appealing ++). But I had this feeling that I've seen this before then I saw the last shot..

Untitled.png

fashiontography, Upload by Oxymore from the Digital Edition of Vogue Paris

That's when I realized that this reminded me so much of French Riviera with Edita and Anja (October 2013) by Mario Testino. They're not exactly the same but you get the feel of something similar. Instead of being happy about it, I ended up being disappointed. I mean the theme is similar no?

The standout editorial for me here is "Boites Noires". The photography, the poses, Andreea, Geraldine ++ everything just works. It's very VP to me. It's a strong editorial. I would've made it a main editorial.

I love Lara, but her editorial is the weakest for me. It just doesn't exude the overall aesthetics of the magazine. It's more of British Vogue for me (especially its Alesdair). It's the odd one out for me. It's not the Lara x VP that I'm used to seeing. There's nothing Parisian about this one. I really see British tbqh. The same goes with Page Blanche. Both are Vogue UK editorials for me. They're beautiful but not for my Vogue Paris.

Miss Vogue could've been stronger if it were in color. Not because it's "NIGHT" does it mean you'll make it black and white. I AM SICK and tired of the B&W lifeless editorials from this magazine. It's like they use that effect to salvage a rather lifeless editorial but ends up killing it even more. Lea's editorial is stunning.

I am really confused with the identity of this magazine. You see seductive editorials, mixed with rather British Vogue looking editorials, then it's back to the provocative editorials, then ends up with features that even Elle France would personally reject. Hay. Well the good thing is that the overall vibe of this is the 90s and not the 80s. That's just about the good thing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 to 7 is a really good sex ed

Mario needs some sex to make pictures about sex because I don't believe them or maybe he is becoming boring because the "HOT" pictures he makes are not so hot, they are like a boring p*rn movie: all the time the same poses.

^ haha, I agree but I wouldn't blame it on Mario, that's just Anja, these "femme fatal" "hot" editorials always come off as freezing cold and mechanical when she's in them, almost like a soviet espionage thriller, she never looks particularly into it, more like she's not sure it will all lead to actual sex or murder or finding the compromising documents. This would accomplish its purpose if Edita was in it...

I read Charlotte's interview just for the kicks and learned something new about horses (not predators) and Monaco's upcoming cultural program :rolleyes:... it's not even about discussing her private life, she could just allow more than 3 topics... it's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for the black stripes and the bad quality, I'm just doing this so you guys can see the issue.

No complaints from me, thanks a lot Oxymore!! Hope you're happy with Léa's editorial. It's not bad, but they certainly could've done better. Her recent Paris Match shots are my favourites so far.

When I first saw 5 to 7, I was super happy because it had this French Vogue vibe to it. It reflected the VP that I loved (Seductive, visually appealing ++). But I had this feeling that I've seen this before then I saw the last shot..

That's when I realized that this reminded me so much of French Riviera with Edita and Anja (October 2013) by Mario Testino. They're not exactly the same but you get the feel of something similar. Instead of being happy about it, I ended up being disappointed. I mean the theme is similar no?

The standout editorial for me here is "Boites Noires". The photography, the poses, Andreea, Geraldine ++ everything just works. It's very VP to me. It's a strong editorial. I would've made it a main editorial.

I love Lara, but her editorial is the weakest for me. It just doesn't exude the overall aesthetics of the magazine. It's more of British Vogue for me (especially its Alesdair). It's the odd one out for me. It's not the Lara x VP that I'm used to seeing. There's nothing Parisian about this one. I really see British tbqh. The same goes with Page Blanche. Both are Vogue UK editorials for me. They're beautiful but not for my Vogue Paris.

What I admire most of '5 to 7' is the storytelling. Also, it's nice to see something glossy and rich in VP. The content for the last few months has been too austere. That said, Anja poses are a bit too simulated which is actually odd because she's really good with these type of editorials.

Probably I'm biased as a L Bailey fan, but his work with Andreea is quite stellar.

The worst editorial for me is Alasdair's shoot with Lara. While I'm always glad when they dont relegate her only to sex and glamour stories, this isn't helping. It looks way too drab and average. You're right though, the styling and setting is more closer to the UK Vogue aesthetic than the French.

And what's that beauty editorial? Three shots with the same 'wild lion' hair look? Compare this with Elle France's beauty editorials which are more thematic, detailed and with captivating images? No contest!!

The McLellan ed looks just like his ed with Lara for Vogue UK October 2011 issue, minus the blue eyeshadow...

5 à 7
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Model: Anja Rubick & UTM
20 pages

UTM is Nikolai Danielsen.

I actually like 5 à 7. It brings me back to a more steamy "Carine Roitfeld" time of VP. The colours, the setting and the intensity is quite alluring. More of this, please!

Lara's editorial unfortunately is a bit lackluster. It certainly doesn't really match the VP profile and it seems a bit too bland.

Andreea and Montres: Boîtes Noires looks absolutely ravishing. As always.

page blanche and nadja's editorials are the only decent ones

lara's looks like uk vogue and HOW MANY TIMES have we seen anja's ??? sorry this is soo boring. not as bad as us vogue but getting there.

No complaints from me, thanks a lot Oxymore!! Hope you're happy with Léa's editorial. It's not bad, but they certainly could've done better. Her recent Paris Match shots are my favourites so far.

I love it but I'm so mad she didn't get the cover. That would have make more sense since Charlote already has a cover before. Let's hope it's a teaser for her future cover when the new James Bond movie will come out but VP usually don't do that kind of promotion so idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->