Vogue Paris March 2017 : Valentina Sampaio by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Well, well, well!! Who knew Alt had it in her, the casting is truly shocking (in a good way). This is tremendous for Valentina.

Can't say I care for the cover shot. There's far too much retouching here and it's too dark and nuanced for March. I bet the styling theme will be 80's yet again.

Damn these colours are cheap. Valentina looked better on Elle Brazil last year.

Whoa, this is so fantastic! What a beautiful cover, dramatic with ton of glamour, and i am so happy for her! She looks amazing, and this is the first Vogue cover featuring a transgender woman, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice cover. Looks like the one with Gigi and Testino a bit, i hope the styling inside isn't 80's as well.

Also, this means it's been 10 years since my favorite VP cover! :D

I think if they really wanted to highlight transgender beauty, they should have done a minimal striking portrait or something. For me it looks like they try to disguise her with this satiné gold dress , Farah Fawcett hair and these colours ...no comment but i do like the initiative. I don't have in mind any big four showing a non cis models on covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if they really wanted to highlight transgender beauty, they should have done a minimal striking portrait or something. For me it looks like they try to disguise her with this satiné gold dress , Farah Fawcett hair and these colours ...no comment but i do like the initiative. I don't have in mind any big four showing a non cis models on covers.

I think it would be cheesy and cliché, giving her a black and white, minimal cover with no hair and make-up. Vogue Paris is all about glamour and 80s excess, why would Valentina be singled out?

I think it would be cheesy and cliché, giving her a black and white, minimal cover with no hair and make-up. Vogue Paris is all about glamour and 80s excess, why would Valentina be singled out?

I did not say black and white ,neither no hair and make up ^_^.

Minimal is not only b&w , no hair and no make up. I think Vogue Paris is much more than 80s and excess. Emmanuelle has proven many times that she can do a very interesting styling and highlight people's beauty more than what she did with this cover imo.

I like this but she makes the cover. I don't think i would like this as much with another model. Cause I agree, the colors look cheap.

I did not say black and white ,neither no hair and make up ^_^.

Minimal is not only b&w , no hair and no make up. I think Vogue Paris is much more than 80s and excess. Emmanuelle has proven many times that she can do a very interesting styling and highlight people's beauty more than what she did with this cover imo.

I misunderstood your original post, I thought you meant VP should have focused on the transgender aspect. ^_^

I kinda wish they they hadn't shouted that she's a transgender model on the cover, kinda makes it look that they're fishing for applause. Regardless, applause is due. Love the covers.

Congratulations to Valentina, this such a big landmark. I'm kinda embarrassed that she's brazilian and I never even heard of her! Quite proud that we have her and Lea leading the forefront.

The second cover is downright atrocious, but looks more suited to Spring/Summer. Why got for these awful effects?

I wonder if Andreja and Lea will appear in this issue as well. M&M have produced beautiful portraits of them for VP a few years ago.

I like both covers. I like the color scheme and the 80s club vibe.

Congratulations to Valentina, this such a big landmark. I'm kinda embarrassed that she's brazilian and I never even heard of her! Quite proud that we have her and Lea leading the forefront.

I never heard of her either until the Elle cover, but i do kinda wish Lea could have gotten the second cover. I really love both covers though. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->