Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alexander Wang this is just complete garbage...who ever had the nerve to pair Wang up against Dior is out of their complete mind.

On one end, Wang does overpriced "really nice American Apparel" work with little studs on the ends...and on the other end, Dior is literally living/breathing French fashion history. Come on!

Have Galliano publicly apologize and rehire the man for f's sake!!! this is just ridiculous - Galliano is Dior, and Dior is Galliano.... and will always be!!!!

I just got off the phone with Arnault. I got the job guys, I start Monday ^_^

No matter who they hire, s/he'll never be as big as Galliano. Not even Marc Jacobs and his silly antics.

Have Galliano publicly apologize and rehire the man for f's sake!!! this is just ridiculous - Galliano is Dior, and Dior is Galliano.... and will always be!!!!

Yeah, whoever takes over, even if they do a great job, no one will be to Dior what John was, or do to Dior what he did, now wheter that is a good or a bad thing still remains to be seen

If they were afraid of backlash from his comments and sales falling off, I think a lot of that is forgiven now that (even the courts) know of his problems, and sales of the last train wreck collection can't be great either- so what is the point of not bringing him back at this point?? :blink:

No matter how bored I was with Galliano's designs at Dior I am ten times more bored coming to this thread and searching for an official announcement - rehire Galliano if it will stop these childish Chinese whispers.

If they were afraid of backlash from his comments and sales falling off, I think a lot of that is forgiven now that (even the courts) know of his problems, and sales of the last train wreck collection can't be great either- so what is the point of not bringing him back at this point?? :blink:

Arnault will have you thinking otherwise :lol:

I think he's quoted as saying the collection sold out :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with Arnault. I got the job guys, I start Monday ^_^

Alright here is the pool of contenders so far:

Squizree
Alex Wang
Zac Posen
Christian Siriano
Heatherette

And...the lady entrants:

Kim Kardashian
Beyonce/House of Dereon

Arnault will have you thinking otherwise :lol:

I think he's quoted as saying the collection sold out :rolleyes:

Dior can ALWAYS claim that their couture collections sell out, just because no client really buys the original pieces. If you can alter it, you can make it look less monstrous!

Oh, come on....this is just never going to be over. Just hand it over to Tom Ford already...

I am having a surge of thoughts about Tom Ford designing for Christian Dior, bringing the much-needed sex and glamour. I know one thing - Galliano doesn't deserve his place back at Dior. You'd get clients boycotting the brand.

Alexander Wang for Dior Rumors Lose Steam

After British Vogue started an improbable rumor yesterday about Alexander Wang being considered for the Christian Dior position, the website has attempted to clarify their report, stating that LVMH is interested in Wang for "other reasons":
While no investment has been confirmed, or even properly discussed, it seems Wang's burgeoning brand has caught the eye of LVMH — and rumours suggest that the designer could follow fellow New Yorker Marc Jacobs into to conglomerate's luxury stable.

What that exactly means remains vague. LVMH investing in — or buying — Wang's business wouldn't be unheard of, especially if LVMH is considering him for a future position. And if Jacobs does go to Dior, some shuffling amongst LVMH's top designers would surely take place, in which case Wang may might be tapped for another house (Céline comes to mind, since Phoebe Philo is considered the front-runner for Jacobs's replacement at Louis Vuitton.) Still, nothing about this story has been confirmed by LVMH or Wang, so it's pure speculation at this point.

nymag

It was obvious that the Wang rumour was just a random speculation just to keep the interest going.

Can't they just stop with Phoebe leaving Céline for Vuitton? She is the reason why Céline is so successful today and more profitable than what it used to be. I doubt she'd move on to something else so quickly.

Dior can ALWAYS claim that their couture collections sell out, just because no client really buys the original pieces. If you can alter it, you can make it look less monstrous!

That is, if 'altering' stands for 'making something completely different'.

Philo won't leave Celine that's for sure. She co-designs the new stores with Marino, Arnault would'nt have let her do that, knowing a store last approximately 7 years, if he wanted to move her. Makes no sense.

Alexander Wang? Boy, and I was laughing at Jeremy Scott getting the job.

I would only like to ask the mods to put a huge EDIT! when the official replacement is eventually found.

Dior ‘Will Have News in the Next Few Weeks’ About Its New Designer

As overblown rumors about Dior's new designer reach new heights of ridiculousness, the design house did a rare thing: They invited a reporter to visit the atelier, see the forthcoming collection, and talk to Dior president Sidney Toledano as well as acting head designer Bill Gaytten. The Telegraph's Lisa Armstrong reports:
[Toledano] refused to reveal who will succeed Galliano, but said: "We will have news in the next few weeks."

Has the appointment been made? Silence, not even a twitch. Will it be Marc Jacobs, as widely anticipated? If so, what will be the ramifications for Louis Vuitton, Jacob's current home and LVMH's greatest cash cow? A pause. Then, "There is an old proverb, those who don't know, speak loudly. Those who know, stay silent." He remained silent, then slipped away for a meeting.
From what Armstrong was shown of the spring 2012 collection, she deduced that it will be devoid of the theatrical frippery like pom-poms and "cartoonish proportions" that Galliano was so renowned for. Granted, this was one of the things that critics lamented the loss of at last season's Dior couture show, but the house seems to be embracing a cleaner, more discreet look for now.

As for Gaytten's own well-being, which could be cause for concern considering he's taken over design duties at both Dior and Galliano (both showing in Paris this week), he seems to be holding it together: "It's been a tough period, but what can I say?" he tells Armstrong, who notes that his design team was cheerfully munching on Kit Kats when she arrived. (A true sign of sanity if there ever was one.)

nymag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->