Chloé S/S 09 Paris

Most of these would look better with heels, but they still wouldn't look good...

It's truly horrible . I give her a season considering the unstable environment there.
It oscillates from frumpy to frumpier.
Where is the detailing that is the house signature?
If the suits think they are going to sell this better than Paolo Melim Andersson they are grossly mistaken.
There are SO MANY revolving door changes at these houses it is impossible to remember who is where anymore!
Why didn't they go after Phoebe again, she just got hooked by someone else!!

chleo21.jpg

chloe17.jpg

chloe15.jpg

chloe16.jpg

chloe18.jpg

chloe20.jpg

yahoo news

Last edited by a moderator:
more scales on the way --->

chloe22.jpg

chloe23.jpg

chloe25.jpg

chloe24.jpg

chloe26.jpg

yahoo news

I love the metallic pieces. That gold lame' top is so great, kind of an update of the Brenda Dickson/Dynasty look. And the metallic dhoti pants are gorgeous, opulent and ethnic. I also love the pale pink sweater with high-waisted ivory pants on Natasha and the red leather shorts. Those looks are very Chloe IMO.

That said, there is way too much frumpiness in the skirts to make this Chloe. And the shoes are really ugly, I hate thong straps on heels!

But overall, I think this is a step in a better direction for the brand. I wasn't into Paulo's futuristic graphics and shapeless chiffons.

I can't say I am disappointed because I had no expectations for it.

This is just awful. So unflattering. Jelly shoes! Scallops. Ugh, my dislike for what I have seen so far is bordering on hate.

I love the metallic pieces. That gold lame' top is so great, kind of an update of the Brenda Dickson/Dynasty look. And the metallic dhoti pants are gorgeous, opulent and ethnic. I also love the pale pink sweater with high-waisted ivory pants on Natasha and the red leather shorts. Those looks are very Chloe IMO.

That said, there is way too much frumpiness in the skirts to make this Chloe. And the shoes are really ugly, I hate thong straps on heels!

But overall, I think this is a step in a better direction for the brand. I wasn't into Paulo's futuristic graphics and shapeless chiffons.

^i agree that these are very chloe! i'm loving them so far.
i use to love phoebe's designs to death and paolo came along to design what was very new and modern for chloe. not that they were bad, but i can't help but to miss the little touch of girlie vintage aesthetics that was clearly absent in paolo's designs.
how i wish they brought phoebe back for chloe too. judging from the few imgs of mcgibbon's work, maybe we're on the way back to the familiar chloe that phoebe created years ago. those metallic fabrics are definitely spot on for ss09. trendy and fashionably vintage!

The black dress with the bow at the back in #33 reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. :smile:

What is this? All the designers since Phoebe left don't really seem to know what to do with Chloe, or what exactly the Chloe woman is.

I must say I don't really know either.

I hate what I see so far!! horrible unflattering silhouettes, I hate those semi cicles on the coats, the proportions of the pants and shorts are bad.

I like the shorts, but everything else is so frumpy and unflattering. And those metallic pants are awful. :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->