Chloé S/S 09 Paris

This is just ugly... The only piece I find acceptable is white dress on Lily...

This is a vast improvement.... Not great, a few blunders and still a little uneasy, but much better for Chloe..... at least it may now have direction again, rather than suffering at the ideals of too much future style and not enough current substance..

I agree that this isn't as good as Paolo's work and I don't like it as much, but I also don't think this is as awful as everyone is making it out to be.

ok i'm missing Paolo, Phoebe and Stella ....
please don't give the "ouh ouh it's the real old chloe" soup.
it's just bad and bad... really bad !!! and i'm even sure you don't even know what is real old chloe.
they really didn't choose the right blond english girl and just had to keep this fabulous shy garçon brun ....

and please - eventhough we reached the end of fashion month - i swear that i see once again those diplodocus sort of shoulders and arms. i'm killing anna wintour or any other fashion editor-in-chief.
this is sooo unflattering ! i'm not a girl, but i see girls on streets and i swear i'll slap any girl looking like an egg who just ate those diplodocus-ish things. it's awful !!! and i just don't get why we see them everywhere ?

my influence/copycat spotter : could you tell me where those things are coming from ?!

yahoo news via this thread

i think there's just one piece that i like... and i bet you i could find it in Zara in no more than a score days.
more than laughing at the collection, i think i'd laugh at the ones who said PMA wasnt a good fit for the house, and that i'd be good to get someone from the philo team at the helm of the house.. :lol::lol::lol:

^ i quite do, too...

but i dont like it as a chloé collection, if paulo wasn't chloé enough what is THIS then? :(

the designer herself looks like a wh*re... :innocent:

i think this is fine and it is finally going on the right track that is Chloe. however it is still a little fuzzy. after all this is just her very first season and we all know that we cannot judge a designer by their first season! well, unless ure alessandra faschinetti then it's a whole other story then. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is the picture of Carine doing here? Can we have pictures of the collection please!!
:heart:

borjacapella said:
i think there's just one piece that i like... and i bet you i could find it in Zara in no more than a score days.
more than laughing at the collection, i think i'd laugh at the ones who said PMA wasnt a good fit for the house, and that i'd be good to get someone from the philo team at the helm of the house.. :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think you can be referring to me, as although I know I stated that I didn't like Paulo's first two collections for Chloe (which I didn't), I don't remember saying that I specifically wanted someone from the design team at the helm, instead (partly because I wasn't particularly keen on the design team's collections before Paulo took over). I do remember being hopeful when I learnt that Hannah would be taking over, but that's a bit different, isn't it?

But, just in case I did and/or for the people who did (if anyone did, specifically, say that, I don't know?), I don't really see how people not liking this collection would mean that PMA's work was any better, or more fitting for the house, than it actually was? :blink:

Two wrongs don't make a right, after all.

Also, without seeing their solo work first, how would someone know, for sure, whether it would be better to put someone from the Philo team at the helm, or not? Any such suggestion would just amount to a desperate hope, on their behalf, for something better, rather than a surety, wouldn't it?

You really can't expect people to be clairvoyant, you know! :smile:

As for the collection, I wasn't going to comment, yet, as I wanted to wait for the full collection first, but I obviously must need 'professional psychiatric help' ( :lol: ) as although I don't like the pieces with the external scallop details much, I do prefer this collection to PMA's work for Chloe (I certainly prefer it to the first two collections, anyway) and so far, I do feel it is more relevant; both to fashion's current (or future) mood and to Chloe as a house.

Sorry! :blush:

Manuva said:
All the designers since Phoebe left don't really seem to know what to do with Chloe, or what exactly the Chloe woman is.

Yvan Mispelaere did and was doing a perfectly good job. Spring/Summer 2007 was perfect "Chloe".

I'm so sorry that the house of Chloe is going this way.

me three. there is nothing wrong with you.

Just by the colour palette , you can tell how much Hannah contributed to Phoebe's Chloe.

I think this is a great first collection. Phoebe Philo's first wasn't stellar either, but look what she did for the house.

I wish Hannah the best of luck, and hope to see more of her in the future.

:flower:

^^Yeah i agree with you! This collection isnt right for chloé.... but i can see that it might sell well!

Abit off topic but i'm curious to know what Paulo's doing now??

This is so unflatterring, I mean metallics:yuk:, does this girl was thinking in dinosaur flakes. And those shoes, where are the killer shoes?????

I wont say I miss the old old Chloé because as BerlinRocks said I don't know it, but I do preffer Paolo and Phoebe.

And you know guys..because I feels strongly about this, I have to say,

I see a great pantsuit and romantic dresses, clean lines, and rigorous shapes.

This is where Phoebe left off (with a collection, which by the way, everyone hated at first. But one that practically changed the way trendy girls dress. Hello? Baby Doll dresses?) And that's where Hannah started.

I like the dowdiness of those dinosaur blouses. I like the diaper pants. Most things that have been embraced by today's fashion girl were once thought to be heinous. This is a major moment, we have to look at where this is going..

Phoebe herself said that her favourite piece from the collection was always the least wearable one.

I think Zara has got better fashion taste to choose who they wanna copy. Maybe all the Chloe girl will start buying Celine or Stella. Not a good day today.
:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->