Christian Dior F/W 08.09 Paris

ITS THE PRESENTATION!
Its getting really boring.
On closer review minus those last color crazy gowns The Clothes and the makeup is great!
I watched the show and just like last season I got really bored really quicky. I wish it could go back to Spring 2005 when the shows were stellar. Lately its just been really heartless feeling and the music and the set has ALOT to do with it. Maybe if the soundtrack had no words it might have been better idk. I just hoped he spreads some of that creativity he puts in his own line here at dior. Each season since the questionable
Spring 2007 ( Not including Fall07) has been kind of a dud.

And Im hoping that come the next HC collection he will go far far far from the 60s.
Its old now lets move on.

Most of this looks like Agatha Ruiz de la Prada for Christian Dior :innocent:

the good news is those old farts are dying one by one and we could only wish them dead so whoopeedoo yay yay ya hoo

That's a little unfair, isn't it?

Firstly, I don't think people in their 40s and 50s are old (let alone farts!), are they? Galliano himself is 47, after all.

Secondly, it's not middle aged/older people's faults if the Dior establishment has decided to try to target their bank accounts with this collection (blaming them for that is like blaming the victim of a mugging!) and thirdly, you'll be an old fart, yourself, soon enough, bryanboy (as will we all, of course!) and if you hate middle aged and older people, now, imagine how you'll feel about yourself?! :wink: :D

wearable is such a depressing word. who cares?, I don't buy dior, therefor I don't care about the wearability of the show, especially rtw.

Exactly, you don't buy it.

Maybe if these shows were pay-per-view, they could carry on producing theatre for the spectators? :lol:

I'm going to try to give my view on this collection fairly. Let's see how it goes.

Okay, to begin. I believe that Christian Dior has been excelling in the past few years with fashion. When we look at the Haute Couture line of Dior Couture Spring 2007 (Credit to style.com for these pictures)
00020m.jpg

We see what Dior is truly about. Dior has always become something of a strange beauty because John Galliano designs with some different, avant-garde ideas and muses in mind. He has taken ideas from Egypt, from royalty, and also from Japanese culture-- but there are a lot more elements blended in. For one, in the above picture, he uses some androgynous poses to make his shows more theatric. He uses strange styles to contruct dresses, and he does many of the clothes simply because he has an artful bias of what he loves to do-- create something gorgeous. All are things that have been deeply missing in the last few lines. If you view his Resort collection from last year, it was okay to go back to the 60's and the music was pretty fab-- but this ready-to-wear collection had music that was a direct rip-off of the resort line. He uses the song "Mrs. Robinson" which has a semblance to "Marrkesh Express" and it seems too close for comfort to what shows were like merely a season ago. Another element that is missing is the mirrored runway-- it made the dresses more presentable, like in Spring 2004 Couture (again, courtesy of style.com)
100122176.jpg

There are now many problems with this ready-to-wear collection that are currently bothering me. First, there's this:
00560m.jpg

(style.com)
The main problem with this dress is that it seems too much of a clash. It's great when John designs something out of the ordinary-- but he is a trend-setter in many ways and it feels strange to see him relying on a trend of using different colors and knick knack spots to blend into a large, clashing color. Sequins do not do very much for the dresses either, which is again shown here.
00500m.jpg

(style.com)
It's also not a common interest of John to make a dress that hugs close to the model's hips. He uses other means to show a dress off and uses volume while here-- it's not so pleasant and looks a little too much like a flowing dress from Versace at a glance. The impressions I get from this collection are many and not a lot are good. I would like to see a return of the mirrored runway-- to see better colors (not the pulsing, vibrant ruby jewel colors but instead to rely on the fun he used to have), I would wish to see less sequins because they now look tacky, and I would frankly like to see better make-up which was more fun and vibrant before. It's a big clash to go from this (Fall 2003 Couture)
100105233.jpg

(style.com)
To this:
00060m.jpg

(style.com)

I keep the faith, John can change things around even when we believe him to be down. There's a lot of pressure on designers to reform to designing clothes that are less artful. If that happens, haute couture dies and we live in a much blander world of fashion. I enjoy the dresses for their artful side and for the amount of work that goes into them. I'll keep hoping and I know I'll find a collection soon that I really enjoy. :blush:

Most pieces are nice I guess, but overall this collection is just very bleh to me, disappointing in every way, and the hair and makeup0 is just ridiculous

Oh, dear. :(

I adore Galliano and I'm always SO excited to see his latest work. I loved the Klimt HC collection.

But this?

Do not want. :yuk:

I am growing well to love this collection. the detail shots are amazing' and them shoes. =]

Im sitll morning the loss of what i thort would be a good collection .. gutted doesnt even come close .. i exspected something so much better .. imo this is arful, miss matched mess, not even styled well :ninja:

This collection is possibly the worst and the saddest interpretation of fashion that I have ever witnessed in my life.

Why is Galliano so persistent in creating a show. He needs to stop focusing on being 'genius' or 'super-creative' or 'a showman' and start focusing on creating great, wearable clothes that a real woman can wear.

This collection had too much of a drag queen vibe. And I mean this with all due respect, but lets face it, show-clothing is just not alluring to any regular fashion customer, let alone a DIOR customer.

I think John should learn a little bit of restraint. He can go as crazy as he wants in Haute Couture, but for a pret-a-porter show, his antics are becoming way too questionable. It's surpassed 'creative' and has become 'just plain weird'.

Love, love, love it!!!:heart: The colours, the hair, make up, shoes, BAGS:woot:. 100% :heart: it! but then again i do love anything John does for Dior!!!:lol:

I like the whole 60s feel John was obviously going for, but the actual clothing makes me want to vomit. :sick:

I like those purple suede platform/ wedge-like shoe and the gold cuff is nice...but the rest of the accessories are so blah.

i love the accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->