Christian Dior F/W 08.09 Paris

backstage report from GINZA may 2008

scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Great pictures in that report.
Thank you

I always loved this show, I'll never understand the hate it got. I feel like it was a little early though, like if this had been presented during fall 2010 when the 60's trend came back I'm full force, it would have been a hit!

IMO this and SS2005 RTW are thr worst Galliano for Dior shows. At the time, it felt very budget cuts and it has aged quite badly. Everything is so generic and the big make-up/hair situation didn't hide it.
FW 2008 was a very good season but not for Dior. But the bags and the campaign were very good.

It's not groundbreaking or amazing but it's charming. It's a fun show. You would have to be crazy to take it seriously. I love the blatant 60's inspiration. There are a lot of great pieces here. The prints weren't a success, but the feather dress on on Irina is kind of fabulous! I love all the little suits as well. The dresses at the end are beautiful. The hair and makeup was incredible.

Here's that feather dress I mentioned.

2sO4761F_o.jpg

voguegraphy.wordpress.com

SS2005 was not even half as bad as this one and it was a much needed breath of fresh air after over the top 2004 shows. This one on the other hand is just basic garments straight from vintage clothing shop. They tried to spice it by hair and makeup but failed completely. Was John drinking too much or in depression at a time and everything was done by Gaytten?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"