For Bride and Groom by Fade + Yoshiko

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Wedding Bells? For Bride and Groom by Olivier Bobin aka Fade accessories by Yoshiko Creations Paris

Dear Shaded Viewers,

If you are thinking about getting married or just want to have fun check out the designs of multi disciplinarian Olivier Bobin aka Fade and the wonderful accessories of his friend and collaborator Yoshiko. The label (for Bride and Groom). The setting was under my favorite bridge Pte. Alexandre 3.

fade_3.jpg
fade_2.jpg

fade_5.jpg
fade_7.jpg

fade_12.jpg
fade_14.jpg

fade_19.jpg
fade_20.jpg

*http://www.ashadedviewonfashion.com

I think this is a great collaboration! adore both of these two. a great oppurtunity for the bride and groom wanting to do something out of the box...fantastical but not of the homogenised traditions. and as diane said,for anybody that just wants to have fun....i would wear this in a minute. :wub:

here's the two talent's links-

http://www.societesecrete.org/

http://www.yoshikocreationparis.com/

Looks fun! Thank you for bringing this in, Scott. Is this all, or are there more outfits?

that's all that is posted--however i do think there are some other looks. i don't expect it's a big collection nevertheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
those outfits look pretty informal..like something you can wear onto the streets. i like the men's wear...but im pretty triditional when it comes to weddings...but i think the men's wear are too informal for my taste.

that fox scarf is f__cking scary. i dont like it...fur is not my thing. espcially when you actually see how the animal looks like.

i think the groom looks have a bit of a feudal feel about it. i don't think it's meant to be traditional or overly formal. not all weddings are. especially for people familiar with these two,i'm sure...doing something a bit different. definitely more refreshing than the vera wang boring trite. but i do think it's terribly romantic,dramatic fantastical...the women particularly quite ceremonious..which are certainly elements of traditional wedding ceremonies.

i can't really comment to your sentiments about the fox stole/scarf since everybody has their own tastes and feelings about this. to each their own. nobody has to wear it.

at least it's something 'outside the box'...
and it is refined and nicely done...

thanks scott...

Why get married if you're going to wear that. If you and your fiance are so creative, 'out of the box', why be like everyone else and get married?

blackman said:
Why get married if you're going to wear that. If you and your fiance are so creative, 'out of the box', why be like everyone else and get married?

Who said these clothes are necessarily out-of-the box, and why on Earth can't creative people get married? I think that is quite a stereotyped way of thinking.

that arguement is irrelevant if you ask me. that's like saying,why get married when you're going to wear a white gown and tux? individuals have their own interpretation and a feel of how they want to present themselves on their special day. personally,if i saw a bride and bride groom wearing this,i would think that this was highly original. and btw,the clothes aren't necessarily just bridal,as diane said and i commented on myself,this would be fun even for those not getting married. it's not set in stone. and i think olivier and yoshiko have taken on the aesthetics of bridal and groom's dress through history with their own individual aesthetics and expressed an original interpretation of a contemporary,idiosyncratic wedding.

the men's stuff is fantastic. the second women's outfit down (with the mask and bow) is very leigh bowery, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->