Anna Dello Russo for H&M

honeycombchild

Reaction score
Anna Dello Russo to design an over-the-top accessories collection for H&M

H&M is proud to announce a special collaboration with fashion icon and legendary Fashion Director Anna Dello Russo. An idol of the blogosphere whose flamboyant outfits are endlessly documented by style photographers and broadcasted globally through the web, Anna Dello Russo proved her unique sense of style creating a special collection of accessories for H&M. Unabashedly glamorous, precious and playful, the range is an expression of Dello Russo’s taste for ornamentation. Available from 4th October, 2012, at the peak of the global fashion weeks, in around 140 stores worldwide and online. The collection features jewellery, sunglasses, shoes, bags and a trolley allowing H&M customers uniqueness at an affordable price.

“I am excited by this collaboration: this is the first time H&M have involved a Fashion Director in a special project. This is the sign of an important evolution in fashion, and I am both thrilled and humbled to be the one chosen to lead it. I wanted to create precious accessories that are impossible to find. As a stylist I know accessorization is essential: it is the personal touch to any outfit. With these pieces everybody can have fun, turning an ordinary day into a fantastic fashion day”, says Anna Dello Russo.

“It’s been extremely exciting to involve Anna Dello Russo in this project, something completely different from what we have done before. Anna has a fantastic eye and a strong taste, apart from being a veritable fashion icon. She produced an extravagant range of accessories that will get H&M customers and everyone in love with fashion excited. The collection is a celebration of excess, fantasy and decoration” says Margareta van den Bosch, Creative Advisor at H&M.

Famously described by photographer Helmut Newton as a “fashion maniac”, Anna Dello Russo is one of contemporary fashion’s driving forces. An unparalleled eye, she has shaped the way we see fashion today through her groundbreaking work at Vogue Italia, where she served as a Fashion Editor for over twelve years working with photographers such as Helmut Newton, Michel Comte, Walter Chin, and later as the Editor in Chief of L’Uomo Vogue. Currently holding the role of Fashion Director at Large and creative consultant at Vogue Japan, Dello Russo is a darling of the fashion bloggers, whom she likes to please with extravagant get-ups, and countless changes of outfits, during the world’s fashion weeks.

All from H&M

Last edited by a moderator:
.. just when I thought society was really moving past vulgar accessories. Thank you, H&M. :lol:

I expected something much tackier when I saw that headline. It's really not that bad at all. Not something I would ever buy myself but I can still see these pieces being versatile and nice on some people.
I'm warming up to the idea of H&M collaborating with fashion personalities like bloggers, stylists and such in spite of finding it ridiculous and unnecessary at first. Elin Kling's collection for H&M was quite nice, too.

ETA: Just realized what that golden clutch reminded me of, it looks a lot like the Kanye West & Jay Z Watch The Throne album cover designed by Riccardo Tisci,haha.

So excited about this...the accessories look so over the top and luxurious....jewelery remind me a lot of lanvin with those big gems and decorations
Hope she will do something for menswear too

those snake cuffs are straight up Cavalli, but i could definitely see those clutches coming home with me

gaudy.

do we really need jewelry and accessories made out of cheap metal/plastic or plastic made to look like metal? :unsure:

It's actually not bad, if her style is your cup of tea.

In the pics from the first post, if you would've told me it's a pic of her own personal jewelry collection (from the high-end spectrum), I'd probably believe you. But this actually looks like expensive designer goods. Hell, it even looks more high-fashion than her own outfit does..which says a lot for ADR.

And I think that's what's usually missing from these sorts of collaborations: they try to make products that look expensive, that look "designer", but by using cheaper means..which ultimately culminates in cheap-looking products.

I may have surprised myself but those golden shoes actually look hype. Too bad I am not a girl (or post in the men in heels thread).
Posted via Mobile Device

I like some of the bracelets, especially the gold/turquoise one she's wearing in the picture.

Hopefully this won't sell out since I doubt the majority of average H&M shoppers have even heard of her.

It would have been nice if these pieces were released in the summer though, October is ok...But a lot of those pieces would be nice for some people to have in the summer in addition to their Marni for H&M clothes :smile:

sadly,this looks more suited to those that idolise donatella and follow j.lo like she's an icon. doesn't do anything for me but make me want to put on sunglasses.

I thinks it looks amazing. So far I'm lovin the accessories. Too band it's available in October when it's fall. Accessories and especially sunglasses would be better to buy during the warmer days. I hope the quality is good. If that metal is made out of plastic, then I will not be buying it.

I'm not very sure about the shoes and the sunglasses, but the bracelets and clutches look pretty nice.

Those snake bracelets remind me of Maria Felix Cartier jewels.

Thank god she's not doing clothing.

As much as I dislike this woman, the accessories look very good and will have no problem selling.

Thank god she's not doing clothing.

As much as I dislike this woman, the accessories look very good and will have no problem selling.

HAHAHAHA spot on!!!!

But even though I dont like her style .. the accesories are not bad at all... and they are veeeery much her style.

i wouldn't mind that turquoise minaudiere...

OMG best news ever! I love Anna and start saving now. (But I hope she comes up with more than the pictured accessories. That kitsch-blue is unwearable).

This is freeeeaking amazing!!! I love everything Anna does and I've been following her for years... And getting sooo inspired by her, her style isss the best!!! Soooo finally I can look more like her :smile: And I will buy everything, looking forward to se the rest of the collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->