Interview April 2009 : Zac Efron by Mikael Jansson

This is blasphemous! And does not bode well for the new Interview...

The magic that Fabien and Karl added to the magazine has been washed away and replaced with a pathetic bid to gain sales by putting an ubiquitous tween star on the cover. *Yawn.* Because I got a subscription to Interview in December before Fabien's departure was announced, I am hoping the magazine does not go completely to the dogs so that my money is not completely wasted! *crosses my fingers that next month is better!*

I can't even remember the last interview cover font ...
But I will say that i do not get the appeal with this guy. I don't know about other girls, but I'd rather my man not wear more makeup than me.

I can't get the cover choice but I like the graphic effects.

GOD, thank you. Call me when Lindsay films a movie that doesn't go straight to DVD.

Calls You: Lohan has never had a straight to DVD movie. She had 2 Disney channel movies at the start of her career when she was 12. Everyone of her films since than has gone to theatres :rolleyes:

Plus Mary Kate and Lohan (to a smaller degree) have been involved in Fashion or have had long careers. What is Efron known for except a trinity of tween films which he admits he didn't even sing in :innocent:

These stars belong in Bop and Popstar. I don't wanna see these HSM/Harry Potter/Twilight cast on Fashion magazines anymore because anybody thats finished puberty really can't stand them.:sick:

well i like the cover. i think zac is gorgeous, especially caked in mud.

interview is so like, the new us weekly, like right?

ZEFRON?!

oh dear god. :rofl:

i'm far more concerned for this than for Beyonce on US Vogue.

deary me. :lol:

Tweens have invaded mainstream magazines!!! Help!!!

But seriously, look around you, there's just nobody else out there but these tween darlings who can sell magazines to Interview's presumed intended audience.

I've been wondering for the past couple of months who Interview's intended demographic really is and I just assume based on my browsing of past issues that it's probably an 18-25 year old art or fashion student in NYC, because seriously, it's a little "artsy" for middle america. This is probably their way of introducing Interview to a broader demographic and hope that some of those who will buy this issue just for the sake of Zac Efron will stick around and develop, ummm, better tastes??

Nevertheless, I don't get his appeal. I am old, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I never saw this kid act in anything , but I prefer seeing new faces than the "usual suspects".
And everything is Better than Beyonce.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
the boy is 21...i hardly think hes a tween....
i dont really have a problem with him its just that...what could he possibly have to say thats interesting? hes always been boring to me. if anything, he should be on the cover of vogue beauty. that would be a fitting cover. "zac shows us all the latest trends in makeup." <---would that shock you?

I am really liking the design of the cover and the new logo. It's so graphic, kind of 80s... looks good overall. I'm younger than Efron, but I really don't know anything about him, aside from the fact that he's part of the Disney crowd. So I guess I don't mind him on the cover as much... it's almost like having an unknown male model to me. At first look I thought it was Daniel Radcliffe!

WTF!!! Why Interview?!?! Zac Efron... next month will probably be Miley Cyrus... :yuk: I also liked the old font better... maybe they should've gotten a new font... or is this new or the old font? I don't know...

Zacquisha :lol:

I love the graphic effects (and her body). nothing else. :D

this is one of those moments when i can't help but be ashamed of the decade i belong in... and the cover is the embodiment of it. :cry:
sure, zac's major but this is FAIL.

and miley cyrus doing Love magazine :rofl:

can't wait for that! :lol:

Calls You: Lohan has never had a straight to DVD movie. She had 2 Disney channel movies at the start of her career when she was 12. Everyone of her films since than has gone to theatres :rolleyes:

Plus Mary Kate and Lohan (to a smaller degree) have been involved in Fashion or have had long careers. What is Efron known for except a trinity of tween films which he admits he didn't even sing in :innocent:

These stars belong in Bop and Popstar. I don't wanna see these HSM/Harry Potter/Twilight cast on Fashion magazines anymore because anybody thats finished puberty really can't stand them.:sick:

So maybe she should have gotten covers when she was productive at 12. Now she does nothing except evade the police and Labor Pains is totally not going to be a box office smash (because it's going to DVD) the way Zac's movie will.

Also HSM is over, Zac sang in the latter 2 films btw, and EVERYONE GROWS UP.

You people are treating this like HE is the apocalypse. Ugh, tap the pulse of culture, guys.

to post #61
the efron cover was styled by karl, so still under baron
the not baron+karl issues are not out yet

Originally Posted by helmut.newton
But Baron's last issue was the Mary-Kate Olsen one, I'm 99% sure.

Also...

And considering how fast everything happened, I wouldn't be surprised if this issue was put together very late ie. February (when Baron had been long gone), no?

This is still a Baron issue. 100% sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"