Interview December / January 2010 : Penelope Cruz by Mikael Jansson

the joan jett inspiration is pretty obvious in kristen's case...

to me, penelope looks like a nagel picture come to life...i love it...:heart:
it's the best mag cover i've ever seen of her...

I love Penelope the best in her MNG campaign. This cover is so different from all the other shoots she has so far. Just too much armpit, it makes her looks like a man, too muscular. BUT I like it! Cuz it's different <3

I am eager to see how the interview went and Pe is perfect in my book.

I don't really care about Penelope but I want to say that cover is amazing.

Thanks for posting.

Must be Craig McDean....I love it all so far and finally a non-studio ed :lol: :heart:

I like how it looks nothing like Penny. Versatile woman she is. And so excited that she was interviewed by Marion.

I LOVE IT! Enough said! OMG!

She is one of the most stunning women in the world, but she simply does NOT pull this off. The intense face looks forced & silly on her, and i hate that the logo is in white as well. Its not horrible by any means, i just think the concept doesnt suit her at all.

OMFG! This looks fantastic!!! Amazing cover! :woot::woot: Just amazing! :heart: Penelope really epitomizes the word "Sultriness". Plus I cannot wait to read her interview by Marion Cotillard! :woot:

Am I the only one who's really not feeling the way this photo has been cropped?

Penelope Cruz is a very slender woman, yet the crop of this photo makes her look three times heavier than she is. There's just too muck skin everywhere, and the way the photo cuts through her arm on the LHS of the cover creates the illusion of her arm being really thick -- which it in actuality definitely isn't. Hideous, I'm sorry.

Not that the the cover is otherwise much of a success, either. The whole "pale skin & blood red lips"-trend of the moment only reminds me of one of the many reasons I dislike the much overhyped Twilight-saga and the general vampire craze in the entertainment industry today; it's, to me personally, just a very unappealing look. On a woman like Penelope, with such strong, unique facial features, this look is particularly harsh, which has most evidently resulted in some serious, beyond-the-norm Photoshop activity; I hardly recognize her.

And anyway, the appeal to Twilight and True Blood, is only momentary, I dare say, and therefore this cover doesn't strike me as either particularly inventive or memorable. But then I also never fell for the vampire boom, nor am I fan of Penelope's, so I would be very likely to pass up this issue and forget about it, wouldn't I?

The diamond necklace is stunning, though. Looks great against pale skin.

Overall, however, a very disappointing cover. And "Penelope Cruz goes all the way"? Really? This is the best line they could come up with?

Despite my distaste for Twilight, I would take Kristen Stewart's cover over this any day.

Am I the only one who's really not feeling the way this photo has been cropped?

Penelope Cruz is a very slender woman, yet the crop of this photo makes her look three times heavier than she is. There's just too muck skin everywhere, and the way the photo cuts through her arm on the LHS of the cover creates the illusion of her arm being really thick -- which it in actuality definitely isn't. Hideous, I'm sorry.

Not that the the cover is otherwise much of a success, either. The whole "pale skin & blood red lips"-trend of the moment only reminds me of one of the many reasons I dislike the much overhyped Twilight-saga and the general vampire craze in the entertainment industry today; it's, to me personally, just a very unappealing look. On a woman like Penelope, with such strong, unique facial features, this look is particularly harsh, which has most evidently resulted in some serious, beyond-the-norm Photoshop activity; I hardly recognize her.

And anyway, the appeal to Twilight and True Blood, is only momentary, I dare say, and therefore this cover doesn't strike me as either particularly inventive or memorable. But then I also never fell for the vampire boom, nor am I fan of Penelope's, so I would be very likely to pass up this issue and forget about it, wouldn't I?

The diamond necklace is stunning, though. Looks great against pale skin.

Overall, however, a very disappointing cover. And "Penelope Cruz goes all the way"? Really? This is the best line they could come up with?

Despite my distaste for Twilight, I would take Kristen Stewart's cover over this any day.

I just love the idea that this is something that is truly different from anything she had ever done before. :judge:
I didn't recognize this is Penelope either because she looks muscular and more manly than her normal style. :rofl:

oooh,gorgeous!Cold.Dangerous.

This cover is beautiful but if I see one more magazine cover with Penelope Cruz on it I will probably explode. At least this is something different though.

Almost unrecognisable.......but this is very good indeed.
Penelope always looks very samey in mags so kudos to Interview for making her look different. Very strong cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->