Interview December / January 2010 : Penelope Cruz by Mikael Jansson

I would never of guessed that it was Penelope on the cover, she looks so different, but in a good way.
The cover looks really nice, the masthead always catches my eye.

More pictures

interview

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 45
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 53
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 47
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 36
^^^The inside photos and full cover shot aren't half bad, actually, though Penelope has zero variety of expression in most of her shots, but the cover remains terrible regardless - overworked and poorly cropped. It's a shame they reworked the shot for the cover as much as they did, because the original shot is actually quite nice.

I'm very surprised!!! I didn't imagine a shoot of Penelope in Interview. She looks so sexy and fierce, loooove these photos :heart:

Amazing cover.. penelope looks awesome! she's so beautiful

Love it, love it, love it!!
Penelope looks amazing :heart:
Thanks for posting.

to me, penelope looks like a nagel picture come to life...i love it...:heart:

The colour scheme reminds me of Nagel, yet I also see Newton in the styling. It's like elements of each aesthetic have been spliced into the image, and I think that's where the sense of it being 'masculine' comes from; both Newton and Nagel weren't afraid of stripping their portrayal of women down to something very stark and strong. Yet they didn't make them look manly. Masculine, but not manly.

Given that Penelope's usually the epitome of glamour, it's good to see her do it with a harder edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. The cover is pretty intense, in the best possible way. I love how stark it is, just hair, eyes, lips and chalky skin; like kimair said it's very Nagel in that way. I never would've thought that Penelope could pull off that kind of look, but she's pretty convincing.

The ed kind of drops the ball. The images just aren't as striking without that deathly palor.

soooooooooooooooo! is this about the new twilight movie?

I definitely see the Paloma Picasso resemblence in the photo with the tulle turtleneck!

not bad. it's nice to see penelope with a more different styling than the usual. i really like the b/w shot, it reminds me of meisel's all tomorrow's parties photoshoot. she could have used her acting talent to make some different expressions though...

I bought it today and it looks really good ^_^

Review:

Penélope Cruz
Photographer : Mikael Jansson
Fashion Editor : Ludivine Poiblanc
Model : Penélope Cruz

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Photographer : Craig McDean
Fashion Editor : Karl Templer
Model : Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Project Front Row
Coordination : Karla M. Martinez
Models : Tabitha Simmons, Anna Dello Russo, Katie Grand, Camille Bidault-Waddington, Jessica Diehl, Hidetoshi Nakata, L'wren Scott, Jefferson Hack & Anouck Lepère, Dasha Zhukova, Giovanna Battaglia, Daphne Guinness, Lauren Santo Domingo, Marie-Amélie Sauvé, Charlotte Stockdale & Marc Newson, Stefano Tonchi, Olivier Zahm & André Saraiva & Lara Stone & Trish Goff, Natalia Vodianova

Tom Ford
Photographer : Solve Sundsbo
Model : Tom Ford

Rated Art
Curated by Christopher Bollen
Features work by Robert Longo, Jack Pierson, Marlo Pascual, Dean Sameshima, Aids-3D, Aurel Schmidt, Elad Lassry, Nobuyoshi Araki, Francesco Vezzoli, Paul P. & Linder

Tomas Maier
Models : Kasia Struss, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Tom Guiness & Freja Beha Erichsen

There Is No Place Sexier Than Paris...
Fashion Editor : George Cortina
Models : Lou Lesage, Pihla Hintikka, Alexia Niedzielski, Bianca Brandolini, Rebecca Dayan, Joséphine De La Baume & Baptiste Giabiconi

Lily Cole
Photographer : Mario Sorrenti
Fashion Editor : Andrew Richardson
Model : Lily Cole

Lily Cole & Mario Sorrenti?! Yeeeesss! :buzz: Anyone here kind enough to scan her feature? Not sure I'll be able to see it otherwise, because we don't get Interview here at all. :flower: Thanks for the review, Dieselmax!

Tomas Maier
Models : Kasia Struss, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Tom Guiness & Freja Beha Erichsen
:woot::heart:

OMG, that sounds like a totally amazing issue, can't wait to see the editorials! :buzz:

Freja and Baptiste in separate eds, not shot by Karl?! Nice.
Almost all eds sound interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"