Lanvin for H&M #2 Update....Second Collection?

the hem on those dresses werent good at all, threads everywhere. the materials weren't the best IMO either. therefore, the price wasnt right.

Last edited by a moderator:
***Edited****

talking about the materials.

let me check...

most dresses are made of silk. the big poufy one has silk lining. the coat is made of silk. the faux fur is INCREDIBLY soft. i keep on petting it in the shop, it's embarrassing. the jeweled buttons on the silk trench and the tux blazer are GORGEOUS. they'd work as centerpieces of a necklace or a really stunning ring (guess thats where the stolen ones went :lol:)

polyester is of course used in the collection, but the mainline pieces use polyester too, maybe not exclusively, but neither does the collection for H&M. also, the 100% polyester pieces are machine washable. not something you can say about most pretty ruffled cocktail dresses.

the feel of the material for the women's collection is all very hefty, they have a nice weight on them, they don't feel at all like anything else at H&M.

and let's not even get into the exposed zippers and seams.

***Edited***

for H&M pieces, the quality is OUTSTANDING.

i respect your opinions, and i'd love to agree with you (since i, as well as most of you, were excited about this collaboration) but there's a reason why there are so many items left in stock. i haven't seen this in previous collections. if the price was similiar to previous collections, i'd consider getting an item.

I'm not returning because of the texture, although, it did surprise me. But once I put on the dress, I realised the dress wouldn't keep its shape if the fabric didn't have the rough texture. I am returning though, because it's too expensive for me when the fit isn't perfect and because I know I won't wear it often enough. I've ordered the tees - I just love the intricate details and I think I will get more wear out of them.

Oh I understand..I didn't get the tees and I wish i did!

i respect your opinions, and i'd love to agree with you (since i, as well as most of you, were excited about this collaboration) but there's a reason why there are so many items left in stock. i haven't seen this in previous collections. if the price was similiar to previous collections, i'd consider getting an item.
People are not buying the dresses because they ***Edited*** have no idea what Lanvin is about. People think that these are £150 H&M dresses. ***Edited***

The tees are fabulous. I sort of wish I kept mine, but there was no place for my boobs, plus I'm not really into sequins and stuff.

you don't have to respect my opinion when it's not even my opinion, but cold, hard facts.

-the use of materials is superb, especially for H&M, which usually is flooded with polyester and other synthetics.
-the finishing is very Lanvin, exposed and unfinished seams and all. those loose threads you see on some pieces? one of the reason why some people drop several thousands for mainline collection pieces
-the fit is the thing most people PRAISE about this collection
-the craftsmanship holds its own, cause the best material would be useless without proper craftsmanship

these are the facts. you may like them, you may not.

there is an interesting interview of albert elbaz in the french h&m magazine where he says: "when i saw the final samples, i admit i panicked a bit and asked myself if this collaboration was not a mistake, but i looked back at mainline and realized how similar they looked"

i have to agree with him, i was VERY skeptical about this collab since i considered all previous h&m ones to be trash, but being an actual lanvin customer i must admit some pieces (definitely not all) were very similar to mainline. of course made in china construction will never rival mainline's made in italy craftsmanship and so i will get some stuff tailored and buttons re-stitched, but the overall look and fit of the collab is undoubtebly lanvinesque and lunar years ahead of regular h&m clothing which i wouldnt wear if it were free.. (ok that sounded bad but its the truth!)

finally i think if there are still a lot of womens wear left over (which i kind of doubt) it is probably due to the style and colors of the collection which i believe are not the easiest to pull off, especially for h&m's regular clientele.. menswear was much more wearable and actually sold out faster even though the collab attracted way more female customers than men!

finally i think if there are still a lot of womens wear left over (which i kind of doubt) it is probably due to the style and colors of the collection which i believe are not the easiest to pull off,

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Those coloured pieces are quite bold and it doesn't surprise me to have found quite a lot of them still hanging in my store today. Also, in the shopping fever most users mentioned the varieties of the black dresses, t-shirts or accessories.

i was actually put off by all the sweat pants in the menswear collection. for me, they're odd and not really versatile, since i'm not a sweatpant kind of guy...

the blazer i didn't get cause i prefer 2 button to 3 button blazers, and i am a but iffy about that fabric (which some love)

^^ the dressy sweat pants was definitely a disappointment, since the cut was just weird, however you shouldn't find it odd that they were in the collection since lanvin mainline has a version of these every season..

don't know if this has been mentioned but at 4:30 am they restock the UK online shop with some dresses, shoes, necklaces etc. I've been trying to get a certain dress and keep checking back and have managed to get some things that way
OMG! Why wasn't I awake at that time? :wink:

Ok, I'll try to get up tomorrow (today) at around 5 and see if there's still something. I'd love the fur coat! :woot:

I think that's Lanvin for H&M on Natalie right?:flower: the Ida dress?:D
107201454.jpg

from tonight's Gotham awards, source:getty

^^^ OMG YES!!! I ended up getting this dress too! FABULOUS!

there is an interesting interview of albert elbaz in the french h&m magazine where he says: "when i saw the final samples, i admit i panicked a bit and asked myself if this collaboration was not a mistake, but i looked back at mainline and realized how similar they looked"

I think this was the reason that H&M went above and beyond with this collaboration. This has been their most prestigious designer to date and this has set the table for them to court other prestigious houses, saying "well, look how we handled Lanvin".

They really had no choice but to be very meticulous about the standard of quality to warrant an H&M x Lanvin tag. Imagine if they slipped up? There would've been a massacre! And any future collaborations would've been slowed down significantly.

Went to H&M over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the Lanvin pieces. Read every review in this thread and am now prepared to make my purchases!

I think this was the reason that H&M went above and beyond with this collaboration. This has been their most prestigious designer to date and this has set the table for them to court other prestigious houses, saying "well, look how we handled Lanvin".

They really had no choice but to be very meticulous about the standard of quality to warrant an H&M x Lanvin tag. Imagine if they slipped up? There would've been a massacre! And any future collaborations would've been slowed down significantly.

which is why Alber stressed from the very beginning that it wasn't 'Lanvin going high street' but 'H&M going luxury'. which appealed to him and the Lanvin owners.

some people just don't understand...

yesterday i received my skirt, and immediately send it back to h&m! it looks hideous...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->