Louis Vuitton F/W 08.09 Paris

the headpieces reminds me of those chocolate things you find on top of desserts!!!

The shoes are amazing and the trousers are not so bad!

these are not harem pants , I have couple of silk and cotton harem pants which I picked up in india, these are banana trousers , harem pants have pleating at the back and fall over the ankle band.

I actually like the 80's theme Marc Jacobs went for in his own collection and in this one... different from other designers... too much hippie/romantic and all that.... Marc's collection and this one is plain and it makes it different and nice

its a refined version of his signature line this fall i think

I hate those hooker heels and those pants... hell to the NO!!! hot mess!

except for the pants and that fur vest, i really like most of what i see.

good on you Marc! gotta go n congratulate him :lol:

i like those black coneheads hats...
they look funny, but very 80s in a way....

capt.ena13403021646.france_fashion_ena134-12.jpg
r2101092213-e7.jpg

yahoonews

Oh wow,i dont know one single woman who would wear them,who wants thighs the size of a tree?
I do:P. They're more flattering than you think :wink: [for us Meditterranean women]
And the shoes :shock::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm very interested a lot of dramatic shapes and silhouettes i cannot wait to see the entire collection!

The hats remind me of grace jones! Love the colour palette not so keen on the clothes posted so far though!

This is absolutely YSL in the 80s but I suppose a designer has got to draw inspiration from someone or something. This collection overall looks quite wearable - even the hammer pants which aren't for everyone but on some can look quite good. It takes a certain look to pull those off. They aren't my thing but I can see someone else wearing them well. More than MCHammer (bless his 30 million dollar losing soul) those pants remind me of equestrian gear but done in an oversized manner.

Enough about them though - the dresses look great. Especially that final gown. Vuitton historians, has Marc done many gowns for LV? I don't recall seeing that many over the years but I'm tired and a bit sick so perhaps I'm being forgetful.

The accessories look very promising this season - those killer shoes are going to be everywhere. I can see women stretching their toes now in preparation. And the bags look quite good - I must say. Its kind of amazing how I went from thinking Marc Jacobs Collection > Louis Vuitton and now my mindset is leaning towards the opposite viewpoint. With every collection I'm liking Vuitton a bit more or at the very least respecting what Marc is doing more.

Gorgeous! All of the coats are cut excellently, and the color palette is everything I wished for. And the set (or lack there of)! I can't wait for a video.:flower:

Enough about them though - the dresses look great. Especially that final gown. Vuitton historians, has Marc done many gowns for LV? I don't recall seeing that many over the years but I'm tired and a bit sick so perhaps I'm being forgetful.

Other than the voluminous party dresses of S/S 08, I think this is the first time Marc's done gowns here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->