Louis Vuitton F/W 09.10 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

Who is to say this specific look wasn't the point from the get go? Photoshop, retouching is an integral part of photography now, accept it, get over it! Artists will continue to use new techniques and look for different ways to use them and create different styles! You might not like this look, but don't blame photoshop. They used as much work on pics of M in the 90's compared to now. It's just more advanced work, more advanced processing and more stylised. It's progress, advancing of techniques. Think of it as the transition from painting in oil, to watercolor, to photography to well... retouched photo compositions!

Someone pointed out Tamara de Lempicka, good observation, and considering that Madonna is a big collector of her paintings and has used them as an inspiration many times before might make this whole look come together!
I'm well aware that photoshop is used on pretty much everything. I mean come on, even George Hurrell retouched his photos back in the 30s, so you aren't exactly opening my eyes to the truth or anything. And I also know that this image was the desired result, not merely an accident. But, imo, the methods used to achieve the perfect image are being overused by many fashion and beauty photographers these days and the aesthetic they've created has become old and boring at this point.

On second viewing this reminds me of Meisel's campaign for Prada S/S 07, though that one was done better...at least if this shot is anything to go by.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is better than I expected but still mediocre. The photoshop makes the whole thing look really cheap and Madonna could have well been a mannequin.

for refference sake, this is a picture of Madonna taken yesterday, after a day or rehearsals for her tour with zero make-up on her face and a harsh paparazzi flash in her face. She does not have a porcelain skin like the photograph, but her skin is flawless.

0003.jpg

source: www.allaboutmadonna.com

As everyone has said photoshopped to hell and back:rolleyes:......but....and I am grimacing writing this........I kinda like the pic:o......deffo some DeLempicka influence here, but I'm a huge fan of her work so there you go, maybe that explains why I like it.
Of course really need to see other pics and photoshop this bad really is a standing joke, but what I've come to expect right now.

madonna_kabbalah_centre_family_01_wenn5168883.0.0.0x0.432x633.jpeg

I like the face and the arms. Sheer perfection. Very LV.

insider.com

for refference sake, this is a picture of Madonna taken yesterday, after a day or rehearsals for her tour with zero make-up on her face and a harsh paparazzi flash in her face. She does not have a porcelain skin like the photograph, but her skin is flawless.

Maybe so but they really wanna start photoshopping her hands:shock:

please do not quote images. thank you.

I like the face and the arms. Sheer perfection. Very LV.

insider.com

Your point being? The picture I posted is from yesterday, so that is what she looks like right here, right now. The picture you posted is not only old, but also unfortunate. And doesn't really make a point, like... at all!

Oh, and to the person commenting on her hands. Her hands have always been veiny. She had the same hands when she was in her 30's! And besides... she's aging, what are we gonna do, blame her? Suggest she crawls away and stops existing?

She can still deliver the goods, and then some! I'm not particularly fond of the ageist element in society that tends to judge you on the year you were born in.

I dont like the campaign
I see her like a wicked alice in wonderland in that sofa...is that the theme?

I. Want. Mert And And Marcus Back.:angry:

seconded.

Well, I won't bash on Madonna now. This effect on her face bothers me. It makes looking at it unpleasant, like there is some stain on your eye or the image. The bag is fugly.

I really hate the concept. It is so incredibly unoriginal. That heavy purple velvet setting, curtain and sofa, that's the first thing to come up with, huh? And they pay that man so many dollars. For nothing but a old, expressionless hag and some stupid effects.

Looks great from the head down.
She looks just as terrible as she did at the MET Gala period.

Your point being? The picture I posted is from yesterday, so that is what she looks like right here, right now. The picture you posted is not only old, but also unfortunate. And doesn't really make a point, like... at all!

Oh, and to the person commenting on her hands. Her hands have always been veiny. She had the same hands when she was in her 30's! And besides... she's aging, what are we gonna do, blame her? Suggest she crawls away and stops existing?

She can still deliver the goods, and then some! I'm not particularly fond of the ageist element in society that tends to judge you on the year you were born in.

I completely agree with you; she is flawless. And I am a bad bad boy and criticizing Madonna because she is old, not because she looks inflammable here. I should really be ashamed of myself for badmouthing poor Madonna - she has been through so much peril and agony recently.

She is a survivor: she is an angel, she is Oprah, she is a strong black woman!! With the satin bunny ears, boy-slvt, LV panties and everything.

I completely agree with you; she is flawless. And I am a bad bad boy and criticizing Madonna because she is old, not because she looks inflammable here. I should really be ashamed of myself for badmouthing poor Madonna - she has been through so much peril and agony recently.

She is a survivor: she is an angel, she is Oprah, she is a strong black woman!! With the satin bunny ears, boy-slvt, LV panties and everything.

dude, you're fighting with a Madonna stan. they won't budge with their opinion :lol:

It's tragic that's a real one. I was hopeful for Manuva's post.

She is a survivor: she is an angel, she is Oprah, she is a strong black woman!!
:rofl:

i don't get it. i can only suppose that during these hard times LV wants to stick to a big star... because if they think she looks so wrinkled and bad that they have to airbrush her until she looks like a wax statue of a 20-year-old, what are the other reasons not to cast a 20-year-old and just tone down the airbrushing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->