Louis Vuitton F/W 09.10 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

the most annoying LV ads i ever saw. it's not even art or beautiful, it's very dizzy!!!!

I especially hate the third shot. It looks like her head was disconnected and then glued back on.

^ For me it's more like:
Hideous. Because I hate her but loved the collection. :ninja:

Oh I actually like it even if Madge is as stiff as a wood and her face is photoshopped beyond reality. This is way better than last season's leg lifts and whatnot. Thumbs up for this

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i dont care how good madonna looks in her 50, i just hate this and although this is something new [to LV], i want M&M back

madonna-500x375.jpg

new pic at people.com

oh god, it's the wax statue of madonna's wax statue. horrific.

this last is soo bad bad campaing i hate M&M im dorry back pleaseeee

I just got the Press Release + HQs of the campaign. I'll be posting them here in a sec..

Press Release:

Madonna for Louis Vuitton Advertising Campaign Fall/Winter 2009-2010

Following the success of Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2009 fashion campaign starring Madonna and photographed by Steven Meisel, Artistic Director Marc Jacobs was keen to repeat the experience for Fall/Winter, but equally determined to produce something entirely different.

Shot in a New York studio, the Fall/Winter 2009-2010 campaign thus features Madonna in a series of sophisticated portraits reminiscent of the golden age of Hollywood. Inspired by the photographs of Man Ray, who perfected the technique of solarisation, and nodding to the lush colours and sumptuous draperies of the paintings of Tamara de Lempicka, the images have a softer, more intimate quality than the previous campaign, while losing nothing of its power to arrest. In the seven visuals, Madonna models key pieces from Marc Jacobs' Fall/Winter ready-to-wear collection for Louis Vuitton, whose ruffled silks, extravagant accessories and sequinned Monogram bags strike an out-and-out glamorous note, which is balanced by the sweetly ironic presence of the
bunny ears that were such a hit on the catwalk.

"After the fun we had with the Spring/Summer campaign, and the amazing reaction to it, all of us – Madonna, Steven and myself – were eager to get back together for Fall/Winter," comments Marc Jacobs. "While the two campaigns look very different, there is also a unity about them, so it now feels like we have completed both parts of the story."

Antoine Arnault, Head of Communications for Louis Vuitton, comments: "This is another superb campaign, reflecting not only the close relationship between Madonna, Marc Jacobs and Steven Meisel, but also their immense creative talent and their consistent desire to challenge and innovate."

The Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2009-2010 advertising campaign will break in the August 2009 issues of magazines worldwide.

Marc's statement is such complete BS it is really unbelievable.

"After the fun we had with the Spring/Summer campaign, and the amazing reaction to it, all of us – Madonna, Steven and myself – were eager to get back together for Fall/Winter," comments Marc Jacobs. "While the two campaigns look very different, there is also a unity about them, so it now feels like we have completed both parts of the story."

...'both parts of the story...' What was that story, I am sorry I must have missed. The last shot posted here is the worst. Her face looks so stupid, it is truly horrific.

I had also hated last season's 'theme.'

Two-page ads:

attachment.php

attachment.php

MadonnaFW0910IREN21.jpg

from my inbox

Attachments

• MadonnaFW0910ECLIP21.jpg
    MadonnaFW0910ECLIP21.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 273
  • MadonnaFW0910MDEER21-1.jpg
    MadonnaFW0910MDEER21-1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 228
Here's the full campaign in HQ:

from my inbox

Last edited by a moderator:
HDR wreckage! :shock: He did way better HDRs with Prada ads last season :unsure:

there is a piece and photos about the campaign at the wwd website if anyone cares to put it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->