Model Casting F/W 09.10

Could it be that new faces translates to less dollars spent on the models? A risky gamble for CK but everyone's cutting corners.

Yeah I thought about that as well...it's possibly true, but then I don't get what Sasha and Anna J were doing there...Anna S and Toni are so much more CK then Sasha IMO...

I can understand why Toni wasn't there, she's not really a CK girl anymore with so many other campaigns..

Anna S. on the other hand, being the current Calvin Klein Collection campaign girl, very strange.

Does anyone think the recession is causing designers to have fewer looks, thus fewer models? Anna Sui, Phi, Calvin Klien and Ralph Lauren had very few models.

I actually liked the CK casting in that my favourite girl Sasha was there.. who could ever complain about that?

Also love Sigrid, she has it all! Editorial, versatility, amazing on catwalk

I don't particularly like Anna S or Toni, I mean Toni is amazingly beautiful and good on the catwalk, but she has really underwhelmed me in eds and campaigns,

But I think Jac is amazing and would rock a CK campaign. I like Addison also and can't wait to see how she develops and grows through this season.

But I can understand the confusion... it seems that some of the newcomers, were chosen to fit the darker look of Jac, Addison etc, they didn't really stand out to me
But then amazing girls like Sasha who is all about uniqueness and personality walked.

In that way, it was confusing, but I liked it anyway

"Georgie Wass – walking in Topshop, Jaeger, Christopher Kane, Richard Nicoll and Armand Basi. She also has an exclusive for Prada in Milan already.

On modelinia via UK Grazia

Prada will be interesting. I hope to see Isa Asklof and Tess there.

"Georgie Wass – walking in Topshop, Jaeger, Christopher Kane, Richard Nicoll and Armand Basi. She also has an exclusive for Prada in Milan already.

On modelinia via UK Grazia

And look at how well this kind of thing worked out for Olivia O'Driscoll, last season (assuming this thing about Georgie is true). :rolleyes: Some people will never learn when to keep their mouths shut...

If she were to be cut from the show I would imagine she'd be cut for not fitting the theme as well as other exclusives/models, not for revealing that she was an exclusive; it seems kind of petty to cut a girl just for that.

Courtney Beattie from models1 could be an exclusive for Prada: I read in Scotland's Top 100 Women for 2009 that the brand were looking into her.

yeah i don't think they'd cut her for that, but it sucks to have the news out there and then not appear in the show, it would be better to just keep it under wraps until it happens

well, she's probably confirmed for the london shows in question
but it's never a 100% until you step out on the runway, especially not with prada
and your just not supposed to talk about it

LFW: models to watch

What would Fashion Week be without all those lovely ladies modelling the wares? Not much really. And London is the perfect place to spot the up-and-coming walkers who are on the verge of big careers. Here Holly Martin, Grazia's bookings editor, selects the future faces (and bodies) of modelling to watch in London this week...

Georgie Wass – (Elite)

Gorgeous Australian redhead Georgie Wass is about to be the hottest thing in London. She has been confirmed for Topshop, Jaeger, Christopher Kane, Richard Nicoll and Armand Basi... and then she's going to Milan on exclusive for Prada!

graziadaily.co.uk

I wonder what that actually means regarding her career :unsure:
does it mean she likely won't be a prada exclusive?

I wonder what that actually means regarding her career :unsure:
does it mean she likely won't be a prada exclusive?

who knows, castings can be very odd, girl shows up at X show, and doesn't do Y show..

But yeah I would not hold my breath for her Prada exclusive. I think the main thing is that the source is not correct, maybe it was correct at the time, but it can no longer be trusted.

There we go...if there is one important lesson in the modeling world, it is to never blab to the wrong people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fraserhn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->