Moschino x H&M

honeycombchild

Reaction score
Launching into selected stores on the 8th November.

I don’t get this at all. If you want cheap Moschino, go to TKmaxx. It’s FILLED with the stuff.

“On Saturday morning, in the retro-plush lobby of the Riviera Palm Springs, H&M creative advisor Ann-Sofie Johansson is going over the details. “For womenswear, it’s around 45 pieces, plus accessories—in this case there are quite a lot of accessories, because he’s so good at them. Menswear is around 20 pieces, plus accessories as well.”

Vogue.com

I don't know why but I'm actually excited to see this :lol:
I already like the shirt and the boots in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear god no hahaha this is gonna be a sh*tshow I can already tell.

Honestly I’m shocked someone is willing to do a collab with them this year after the hoodie fiasco.

Good God, why! Lol. I can't stand Moschino. Here I thought Balmain was bad.....can't they get one brand on board that does wearable collections for men. You know, the kind which won't make you look like a fashion victim. Accessories will be a hit, not sure about the main looks.

Marc Jacobs should be doing H&M.

What's the point? Most of it will be purchased by greedy scalpers and end up in the fashion graveyard of ebay. Many people would actually like to wear it but they'll never get the chance. They really need to put some rules in place, it's unfair to other consumers.

Good God, why! Lol. I can't stand Moschino. Here I thought Balmain was bad.....can't they get one brand on board that does wearable collections for men. You know, the kind which won't make you look like a fashion victim. Accessories will be a hit, not sure about the main looks.

I don't think his fragile and overly bloated ego will allow him to consider that, even though the brand is in desperate need of it.

Curious to see the front side of sequined dress (no logo no logo no logo please). This collaboration will be more exciting than Kenzo and probably even Erdem.

You said it all.

Even if Mr Scott's collections have been better lately, i don't see the point of this. They'll make money and it will expose the brand to more people but seriously, i want them to have another designer (Mr Holland).

Totally agree about MJ.
I think this could help his brand, financially first and it will force him to focus more on what his brand is about.

I'm not sure that the world needs Jeremy Scott's designs in cheap fabrics.

just out of interest, has this ever had a positive effect on the brands taking part ? I was just wondering this morning , thinking so many brands that have done collaborations with them seem to be less popular afterwards . Lanvin? Alexander Wang? Margiela? Isabel Marant? Victor and Rolf ?

This won't help them to grow their business. The collaborations have always been about brand image rather than create growth or increase sales. The way they do things are very old school. Everybody is dropping collabs right away because consumers today won't wait for 6 months to get their hands on the stuff. Moschino is so 2015. While the collections do get better but the hype and cool factor has already been worn off. If they want to be cool, H&M could have do something with smaller up and coming designer. Capsules through out the year.

just out of interest, has this ever had a positive effect on the brands taking part ? I was just wondering this morning , thinking so many brands that have done collaborations with them seem to be less popular afterwards . Lanvin? Alexander Wang? Margiela? Isabel Marant? Victor and Rolf ?

You are correct with those brands, but I think the last slew of labels did reap benefit from the collab. Balmain comes to mind because their sales increased even more after the collab, I'm not sure about Kenzo, but I'm confident Erdem will also see a spike over the next few years. It's not only about monetary or sales aspects, but also boosting their profile and exposing them to people who they'd normally never reach.

Balmain is to date the most successful collab, and it seems they're trying to replicate it with Moschino.

I prefer H&M * Rick Owens or COS * Jil Sander (I know Uniqlo has done a few times with Sander lol)

It’s good money first.
It helped the KL line at the time because it was such a small operation and eventually influenced him to turn his brand into a Mass-Market cash cow.

It was also good for Stella as it put her brand into the map and she did that Adidas thing at the same time.

Viktor & Rolf even if the brand stopped the RTW, they finally had the visibility and they launched their successful perfume affair.

Margiela was kind of confidential before the H&M collab.

Versace really took advantage of that as it has influenced the direction of the brand and the brand has been doing good since then. The same for Balmain.

As for Cavalli, Lanvin and Wang I don’t know if we can really say something positive that has came out for them since then. The same for Marni. I don’t even think it sold well.

One of my favorite was the CDG one. It was done in a very intelligent way and at the time, the brand wasn’t as big as it is today.

Those collabs are about exposure so, it’s all about how to deal with the exposure post-collab.

I think Uniqlo nails it nowadays. It’s all about the product and it’s really about adapting your aesthetic with Uniqlo instead of doing cheap versions of what you did before. H&M did it well with it first few collections but it got worse overtime.

I’m much more excited about JWA Uniqlo tho...

A lot of it has to do with the designers being able to trial things too. Matthew Williamson, Marant, Erdem, all did menswear for the first time. Whilst Jimmy Choo looked to see if they could push into bags and clothing too. It gives them a bit more scope to see what their brands can work with, not to mention a fair whack of money!

if this is launching in November, shouldnt there be news already? anyone seen any designs?

Here are the pet items from vogue.co.uk

dog1.jpg dog2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->