Prada S/S 10 Milan

I'm still not 100% sold on this, but it wouldn't be Prada if I was^_^ I really like the printed pieces, but the shape of the pants in particular and the rough hems aren't really working for me. But I don't know, I'll probably change my mind once they start flooding the magazines...

Ugly. Then again I always find almost everything at Prada ugly...

Maybe I've gotten out of touch, maybe I am not at the taste level of the fashion press. BUT, what is this?

One is saying that the shapes are amazing, the prints are fantastic, the hacked off edges are spectacular. I see banal shapes, and a trite practice of printing "unusual" images on clothes, and a good set.
That's it.

I am so lost, how can anyone defend this? How can an intelligent reporter like Tim Blanks put his name on a review of this collection?
What's going on? Someone help.

:ninja:

Yes shapes are stunning , the hair and make up is sooo cute , but now i have seen dolce & Gabbana they look quite similar ??

:o I dont know what to think about this collection, besides that I hate the way the make-up looked in some models.

Well, I agree that it's a bit similar to Miu Miu (S/S 08) or a resort aesthetic, but I just can't not love it. And I simply adore the styling and casting, can't wait for the campaign now!

The fabrics and the proportions made the show engaging, but is that what we really expect from Prada? A twist on contemporary street proportions? This collection felt a little incomplete—in concept and variety of shapes. And though raw edges probably seemed compatible with the general, mixed up spirit of the clothes and the bad-girl ponytails, the return of the style disappointed.

When a designer gets to the stage where they can send out something with half-finished elements, knowing that people will perform the task of rationalising what they see as making some kind of intellectual sense... that's a nice life, a comfy place to be. It's like Prada casts a spell on people, although it doesn't work on everyone, and some people are plain immune to it.

I really admire the shapes created and, again, this lightness it all projects, light literally reflecting off of the chandelier pieces. It begs a lot of questions, why was her take a few seasons ago on the tourist with the huge postcard circle skirts and Isabeli in ombre a lot easier to swallow then her solarized beach scenes on pieces with the hem hacked off? I sense a similar ode to hard romance like Jacobs in NY, it's beauty and lightness and preciousness and a passionate kiss but with one eye open. It's right for our crazy, impassioned, precarious times.

were the pictures of the 'venue' posted ?
if so, feel free to delete ...

purple-diary

Attachments

• 5f21a680-a9f6-11de-b4bd-404010b179cd.jpg
    5f21a680-a9f6-11de-b4bd-404010b179cd.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 22
  • 10211bec-a9f6-11de-b4bd-404010b179cd.jpg
    10211bec-a9f6-11de-b4bd-404010b179cd.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 37226b60-a9f6-11de-b4bd-404010b179cd.jpg
    37226b60-a9f6-11de-b4bd-404010b179cd.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
I see some really exquisite and wearable pieces, but it really seems, as previously mentioned in this thread, more Miu Miu than Prada.. :huh:
What happend to story-telling and hidden messages, Miuccia?
This does make me really curious about what the Miu Miu collection will be like though.

This doesn't excite me the way Prada usually does. It just feels a little bit forced. I personally feel as if its trying way too hard to be experimental and different. The frayed edges, the 'Miami' prints, everything apart from those crystalized looks are boring to me.

Fall Winter is always more interesting with Prada. I haven't liked a Spring/Summer collection since Spring 2007.

If I was a influential fashion person and this wasn`t Prada, I`d say nothing good about the future of the label. But nah, Miuccia seems to get away with anything.

honestly, i believe that miuccia prada and michael kors sat down in some smoke filled room somewhere and hatched the idea to spring this look on us all. while not completely dispelling, this collection brought absolutely nothing new to the table for her and took on a look that others -- namely calvin klein et al -- do so much better. while i'm sure the stuff will sell like hotcakes -- since in a recession, one must gravitate toward well known brands when conspicuously consuming -- it's some what bewildering to watch so much of the fashion community come under prada's spell merely because of the number of pages of advertising they know she'll need to sell this stuff.

one wonders if the printed numbers will get interpreted into the menswear since that collection also stood as soul-less as a rack full of theory.

I love the blue, silver and purple hues on silk. I am not really feeling the collection though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->