Prada S/S 10 Milan

Hate/love

i actually love it now. from hating it to loving it.

Hate the loose panties looks too diaperlike. Love the photo-print...very surreal and it will be another day or 2 for me to digest the chandeliers numbers as it's looking too gimmicky for Prada

thanks classicalb. for the HQs ...

who did the photos of the prints ?
are they originally polarized ?

Prada: Corridors and Light By Cathy Horyn

A classical façade ran the length of the runway, dividing the audience tonight at Prada, and the colors and prints evoked the saturated, almost fake tones of a seaside postcard. Backstage, Miuccia Prada referred to hotels with long corridors.
“The Shining?” Well, no. I think she had in mind some old Italian hotel, its wide, sedate hallways and checkered floors seen from the perspective of a child. It seemed a sketchy reference on which to pin a major collection. The opening looks included cropped, fly-away jackets over a longer white T-shirt and Bermudas, in a gray silk and nylon blended fabric. The proportions looked fresh, the edges of some of the garments were left raw, and the new accessories were clear plastic bags and platform sandals and pumps, also in a clear plastic.
Ms. Prada likes to play with tacky elements, mixing them with styles and fabrics that suggest proper old-time couture. That’s been an ongoing Prada story. The spring 2010 collection also had gray floral print mini shifts, jackets with souvenir postcard scenes in blue and purple tones, floaty halter tops, and white stretch cotton T-shirts and briefs worn under jangling layers of hinged clear plastic beads (similar in shape and size to chandelier crystals).
The fabrics and the proportions made the show engaging, but is that what we really expect from Prada? A twist on contemporary street proportions? This collection felt a little incomplete—in concept and variety of shapes. And though raw edges probably seemed compatible with the general, mixed up spirit of the clothes and the bad-girl ponytails, the return of the style disappointed.

Souce

I quite like this.. The silver pieces are beautiful and I'm a push-over for raw edges.
There's nothing ridiculous about this collection.
The only thing I don't like are the beach prints; if she was trying to be zany with them she went wrong and they ended up looking crappy resort collection-esque.

totally agree.. the beach prints especially the few colourful pieces.. i just cant stand'em, without them it would have been bravo!

A classical façade ran the length of the runway, dividing the audience tonight at Prada, and the colors and prints evoked the saturated, almost fake tones of a seaside postcard. Backstage, Miuccia Prada referred to hotels with long corridors.
“The Shining?” Well, no. I think she had in mind some old Italian hotel, its wide, sedate hallways and checkered floors seen from the perspective of a child. It seemed a sketchy reference on which to pin a major collection. The opening looks included cropped, fly-away jackets over a longer white T-shirt and Bermudas, in a gray silk and nylon blended fabric. The proportions looked fresh, the edges of some of the garments were left raw, and the new accessories were clear plastic bags and platform sandals and pumps, also in a clear plastic.
Ms. Prada likes to play with tacky elements, mixing them with styles and fabrics that suggest proper old-time couture. That’s been an ongoing Prada story. The spring 2010 collection also had gray floral print mini shifts, jackets with souvenir postcard scenes in blue and purple tones, floaty halter tops, and white stretch cotton T-shirts and briefs worn under jangling layers of hinged clear plastic beads (similar in shape and size to chandelier crystals).
The fabrics and the proportions made the show engaging, but is that what we really expect from Prada? A twist on contemporary street proportions? This collection felt a little incomplete—in concept and variety of shapes. And though raw edges probably seemed compatible with the general, mixed up spirit of the clothes and the bad-girl ponytails, the return of the style disappointed.

Souce

Bravo, someone has the cajones to critique a Prada collection.

What............ is being played at this show?! That lip gloss song?! :shock:
A very WTF moment.
I know! Crazy, yet amazing, I think!

I was worried Miuccia would play some minimalist electronic music, but I'm really surprised and pleased to hear such bizarre song choices. It reminds me a bit of the Fall/ Winter 2006 soundtrack that mixed Anne Clark, KC & The Sunshine Band and Snoop Dogg all in one.

just done looking through the whole collection over Style.com and i must say, this collection is amazing in every way! the silhouettes, the fabrics that were used, the cut of some outfits especially the dresses and the blazers (love the idea of scissoring off the edges. that made the outfits look edgy and sharp), and the lovely idea of incorporating diamonds as embellishments to the final white dresses and some outfits in the beginning of the show. :smile: everything is fantastic! plus the photographic images that were used as prints to some pieces, amazing and interesting!

though as i have read in previous pages, most of us hates or feels disappointed over the shoes. but for me, i think they look great. just simple yet stylish especially with those chandeliers sort of embellishments. :D :smile: imagine if you're wearing those kind of footwear, you'd definitely get all the attention you've been wanting to. :lol: :D as for the bags, what a lovely idea of putting a diamond in the zipper. i so :heart: it!

what i just hate in this collection is the hair! come on, side swept yet teased??? what the ..?!?!?! though the vermilion lips are cool to look at. :smile:

overall, this collection is superb! i just love it! :smile: can't wait to see how Steven Meisel will come up with an idea of this in its campaign? plus the models.. :D :smile:

i adore the theme. glistening, glassy and glamorous - that's how i would describe it. it's the small details in this collection i really like - the shoes, bags, and chandelier-decorated clothing.

Not in love with collection and I really hate all those plastic bags and shoes:(

Red lipstick looks amazing. Amazing little tops, prints.. totally lovely.

i absolutely love #36!!!
thank u all for pix. i like this collection.

i think it looks very MIU MIU-esque.. and less PRADA. i am intrigued to see what the miu miu collection will look like. maybe the "plastic"/clear shoes are a way of helping fashion deal with the recession.. maybe they will be cheaper?

Are those high-heeled perspex shoes supposed to be a substitute for glass slippers? :lol:

Am I crazy for liking the clear shoes all of a sudden? It took me almost a whole day to process them.

I like these ones in particular and the pointy ones.

***Please do not quote images***

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->