Prada S/S 10 Milan

....This collection will sell, though I wonder how one actually sits down wearing a chandelier dress, the nod to "art"/gimmick in this collection.
oh that's so right :lol: they're such big pieces
really uncomfortable, might even break them...

White studio and jumping model will cut it for Vogue editors but since it will reflect light quite beautifully, I think these dresses will also help produce some fairly memorable work in more creative publications. :heart:
not just the dresses with rhinestones, but the jackets and such in the smooth black are also quite interesting.. with a lot of light, they will turn white and only in the folds and behind is it black
i think 'light' is a big component for the direction she's taking because although she is using black it is actually quite *bright* and non-dreary

Now that I've seen the whole thing, I'm disappointed. It lacks the usual wow-thing about a Prada collection. Unlike the previous season where the show and the clothes created a spectacle, this seems just like another runway show with short shorts and red lips.
The shape of the clothes throws me off the most. The egg-shaped high skirts on the dresses create such a bulky silouhette and I'm very strongly opposed to both the diaper shorts and especially the tight capri pants. They were in style a few seasons ago, but I don't feel like wearing them again. The unfinished hems pain me.
The printed tops and coats are beautiful, but the way it all has been put together, the combination she chose with the pants and the cross-over cut out necklines...I can't put my finger on it. I can't see women wearing this in spring, I can't see these pants or these dresses improving any girl's appareance.
I like the message as a whole, the optimism, the life's a beach - but grey metallics and plastic (I still like the shoes) - it's a cold collection for most parts. For the first time I feel like Miuccha is not spot on. It fails both to capture an emerging trend or to create one instead.
It leaves me unintrigued.

well it's a bright collection, that's a good thing, even if the catwalk still dark and cold. it's not that bad ^_^. it's maybe more sophisticated than the last winter collection...

this collection is very PETA friendly, no fur no exotic skins, there isn't even a hint of leather.

I quite like this.. The silver pieces are beautiful and I'm a push-over for raw edges.
There's nothing ridiculous about this collection.
The only thing I don't like are the beach prints; if she was trying to be zany with them she went wrong and they ended up looking crappy resort collection-esque.

I'm not very fond of the collection in general... specially of the dresses...they kinda look like incomplete, as if they were a prototype before the real thing...

but love the mini-suits in metalic grey, although they are too cold and dark for spring/summer...

shoes have to be very unconfortable to wear in summer. I have a pair of jelly flats from Marc by Marc JACOBS from about two years ago and they are hard to wear when it's hot cause the plastic gets sticked to your skin... it's painful.

In general, I'm a bit dissappointed with Miuccia this season... I'll wait for MIUMIU

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone post HQs without tags? I'm very interested on the details of the chandelier dresses...

LOVED almost everything about this collection, it just looked sooooooo fun and chic! love the techno fibres, the floral prints, the front crossover tops/dresses, and the amazing bags!

i feel disapointted to the shoes,i never feel prada's shoes would be that cheap..

The shoes are briliant.
They remind me of the transparent shoes you were wearing on the beach when you were little :D

Love:heart:

I like this collection... but the last 4 pieces looks heavy for me.

What............ is being played at this show?! That lip gloss song?! :shock:
A very WTF moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->