Prada S/S 2012 Milan

This the Prada I truly love. Thanks Miucca for making it so easy to digest. No need to see it 3 or 4 times to see how good it is.
I love how cinematic the whole show was, Querelle opening looked like a movie scene. The clothes were very beautiful, I adore when she does this kind of rich bored housewife clashed aesthetic clashed with crazy prints. The yellow dress with the cartoon monster mouth on Daphne was amazin. Also I was a bit surprised to see bathing suits, usually she only does them for Resort but they were really un purpose here. There's once again this idea of being a little flirty and provocative but doing it in a very understated way. Under a big coat, a big jacket, hidden behind conservative accessories or hair and make-up; Really Brilliant. Also I feel like it as if some of the girls were caught in the middle of a something special, as if they were doing something little bit naughty but were interupt so they rush out like that but make sur that they don't look underdressed. The soundtrack comfort me in this idea especially the heels noise at the begining, and the whispers. Very mysterious.
Lats but not least the accessories, absolutely loved the shoes. One of those moments when i'm really jealous of all of you lucky girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
some of them looks like Miu Mu set from F/W 11
but yeah hot rods and overall good collection

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked some of the pleated skirts and dresses. But I didn't like the collection overall, but then again I don't like things like cars on my clothing...

Oh man I knew Prada wouldn't disappoint :blush: This is beautiful, the hair and make-up, the hanging earrings, the coats, the dresses, just everything. This has made up for one of the most mediocre seasons I've ever seen

At first I was thinking she would do the prints and color studs like S/S 2012 menswear and then I realised she had already done it in the resort collection!

So this is a nice surprise! Can't wait to see more details and accessories!:woot::heart:

(style.com)

_PRA9317.jpg
_PRA9103.jpg

_PRA9155.jpg
_PRA9219.jpg

_PRA9248.jpg
_PRA8707.jpg

is the makeup suppose to make them look older...?
but man this collection is a f*cking hit!

it reminds me a bit Miu Miu previous collections, but in whole concept this collection looks awesome. very funny, quirky. It seems Miuccia had fun with designing of it. love skirts and crop tops. shoes are adorable and bags are gorgeous!

I think I've been pretty well convinced that Miuccia Prada isn't mortal by this point.

She did what I thought was impossible: took a very literal reference, and used it in a way that doesn't come across at all as kitschy.

The way she contrasted her prints and her shapes was great as well. Such a stereotypically masculine subject (hot rods, man) paired with these sort of traditional-looking housewivey shapes was absolutely brilliant. I love how she mixed typical gender roles in such an unpredictable, wearable way.

There was something a little sinister about her flowers, too. I think it was the combination of the color scheme and their too-sharp shapes that threw me off (in the best way possible).

Literally the only collection I've LOVED this season.

this is the first time in a long time where I don't have to digest Prada after a couple of months after not really getting it but seeing it on the cover of every magazine reinforcing it being interesting. and I love that! it's so in your face beautiful and quirky, she really does seem like she's back in her 2000-2004 era.

and whoever created the shoes needs a gold medal or something
hands down some of the coolest sandals I've ever seen in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->