Prada S/S 2012 Milan

This is absolutely stunning. I love that she's able to take cars, inspiration children's clothes designers use, and make it grown up, and not to mention, Prada.

The collection is really, really lovely. The references to 1950s Americana are just incredible and have led to a surprisingly fun and quirky show overall. Some of the cuts and materials used were very reminiscent of Miu Miu in previous seasons with a few additions. Those jackets, the pleated skirts and that red silk are all to die for. The more I see of this collection, the more it grows in me...

There Is Hope For Ss2012!

Freakin' fantastic. Absolutely brilliant and I love every piece on this collection.
The details are fun and playful and I can't even be bothered by car prints, the clothes remain feminine and girly. Want. Favorite collection of London, New York and Milan so far. Let's see if Paris can top this.

LOVE IT. Love the colours. The pleated skirts are a must have. Those handbags are delicious. Not a fan of the shoes this time but I can appreciate them. They will be popular. Fav show so far.

I like it, it has a lot of humor about the car elements.

I agree in the sense that this collection looks much more MiuMiu than Prada.

The accesories do look more Prada imho. I appreciate the continuation of the pastels trend for the season and Im literally salivating over those earrings.

Can someone explain what so freaking great about this collection cos I don't see it. I mean some of the pieces are so simplistic it is bordering on laziness!

Another let down!

Definitely one of my favorite collections this season, I simply love literal themes, especially when done by Queen Miuccia!
I certanly love the car prints (the car printed clutches and bags are amazing, and so are the studded ones), all of the clothes and colors give a very fresh springy vibe which I've missed this season actually. I have a feeling that this one along with Jacobs' hosewives are gonna create editorials!
But the shoes me no likey, I think they're too.. cheap looking.

I don't know what everyone sees in this; personally, I think its quite horrible. For me this is a kitschy mess and it was painful to watch.

A lot of the "experimentation" was quite lazy to be honest; the car motifs slapped onto a bag, or the back of a coat / or the childrens-esque prints? It looked so banal compared to what she has done in the past.

Besides a great deal of this is taken from the archives (early 2000's) yet the way she brought these elements back was completely and utterly mundane.

I pity the woman who buys into this. To be completely frank, about 80% of this is verging on "fashion victim". So so so disappointing. Hopefully she will go with a new direction for Pre-Fall 2012.

I really think the shoes, bags and accessories are inspired in a kitschy kinda way. They just work, in their full blown unashamed style.
As almost always with Prada it's the actual clothes that I have the problem with and here Miuccia reverts to her granny style which seems to have almost everyone else kicking their heels........but sorry not for me.
A couple of pieces really work like the embellished coat dress and then other coats just hang there limply on the models......mainly the first section. Oh and come on now......pleated skirts.....straight off the racks at Ethel Austin.

I always try really hard to get excited about Prada collections but it usually doesn't work. I like the color palette, but that's kind of a weird thing to say about a Prada collection because the colors are such a tiny factor :lol:
Most of the prints look like the wallpaper and bedding sets I used to have in my bedroom when I was a child. The shoes could have been great, especially because I quite like gimmicky and kitschy shoes, but something about them is just off. Maybe because the tailpipes look more like lipstick and are oddly placed (especially the one where it's mid-heel). And don't get me started on the ill-fitting tube tops...

Overall I can't say I like it. :(

I don't know if they have it in Italy, but the Cars franchise (the Disney/Pixar movie) is huge in America and I can't help but think maybe she was strolling through the grocery store and just saw the all the tie-ins with the movie and that was her jumping point.

I think the pieces are impeccable - the craftsmanship is among the best. if you had a cheaper designer try this, it wouldn't have worked solely because of the quality issue that I'm sure would arise. but then again you do pay for Prada if you can afford it.

i do find some things very gimmicky - the hot rod shoes reminds me of those images of the God Apollo where he's got winged ankles. the purses with the cars - again reminds me of the Cars paraphenelia.

Hi my name is Miuccia Prada and my vision and creativity does not go deep enough to envision my clothes on another skin tone but what the hell, i'm gonna throw in one or two black girls in there so I don't get too much flack for it but the Asians can absolutely forget it!! However I will offer my IPO in that region because they spend substantial amounts on luxury goods. hmmm what to do oh what to do...That's it! I'm going to do something with hot rods because in the movies the pretty blonde girl from small town USA is always in her tight jeaned boyfriend's hot rod. Yes, that's the type of thing the Americans will go for! They'll absolutely love it and so they will use it in their magazines and if they use it then the Europeans will follow for sure!... Now once it becomes mainstream, the Asians will definitely follow because then it will be the cool thing to have, but as for letting one of them walk in my show... I can't, I just can't! My name is Miuccia Prada and I can do what I want because, well, it's just like I said, My name is Miuccia PRADA!

So that was my two cents about this collection. I'm completely bored and over it!

I'm going to do something with hot rods because in the movies the pretty blonde girl from small town USA is always in her tight jeaned boyfriend's hot rod.

sorry but this makes no sense. hot rods are heavily referenced in the shoes and in the prints, but the clothes are pretty much as prada as you can get, everything is well tailored, simple, toned down, but quirky and modern aswell. it's not like you look at this collection and go 'oh this is what an extra in Pleasantville would've worn'.

i love the accessories as for the clothes am sure i ll love them after seeing them on the red carpet or on everyday people like i always do with Prada collections

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->