Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for F/W 08.09

I totally understand where you are coming from yaars...I've uttered before that she will indeed be on the list but I realise it would be kinda weird. So, untill after Paris I will refrain from including her. If she will experience an amazing monster run in Paris then personally, I have no other choice but to include her, just like I included Alyona and Olga at the time. Or wait...was Alyona not on the style.com top 10?

PS: I am getting kinda bored with MDC putting girls on the list with 2 shows under their belt. Sure Jil Sander and Calvin Klein are great (still no guarantee of nothing...coughTaylaCollinscough), but it feels like a slap in the face of girls like Georgina to include Diana now already.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Alyona was included. But I think you're right, if Jourdan does everymajor show in Paris including a few opens or closes, I'll have to rethink it. For the meantime though, I just don't think it would be fair to consider her a proper newcomer.

I certainly agree about every point you made there youarearockstar..considering the fair amount of discussion about more diverse castings lately, Jourdan is definitely the latest successful black model to do a lot of A list shows..that's why I think style.com might include her

It'd be rather unfair to include her on the list though..

If only Style changed the title of their list to "Top 10 Breakout Faces" instead gearing the list towrads "Top Ten New Faces" -- then Jourdan would be on it without question!

But I guess that title can also remind people of acne...:innocent:

My Top Eight (can't decide on the last two) after Milan...

Abbey Lee Kershaw (Next)
Alice Burdeu (Elite)
Anna Gushina (IMG)
Diana Farkhullina (IMG)
Georgina Stojilkovic (Women)
Kamila Filipcikova (IMG)
Malin Ones (Marilyn)
Natalia Chabanenko (Women)

Top Challengers:
Natalia Schueroff (Supreme)
Kate Somers (Ford)
Alana Kuznetsova (IMG)
Gantz Gilles (One)
Eden Clark (One)
Sara Blomqvist (DNA)
Martha Streck (Women)

I'm not sure Kamila will count as new enough. Her breakthrough was arguably last season, and she already has a major cover + campaign under her belt...

You never know how they'll weigh a more exclusive approach against a "good" overall performance. Natalia might not make the cut this time around, and girls like Eden, Martha, Sara will need a VERY strong Paris finish...

There's no one from DNA, Ford, or 1 Mgmt on the list, so I reckon challengers from these agencies stand a better chance than an equally (or slightly more) successful girl from IMG...

Lastly, what's up with Adina Forizs? Will she even be in Paris??...

My list at the moment:

Abbey Lee Kershaw
Alice Burdeu
Anna Gushina
Diana Farkhullina
Kamila Filipcikova
Kate Somers
Karmen Pedaru
Malin Ones
Natalia Chabanenko
Natalia Schueroff

but if Adina shows up at Paris then she'll definitely be on here.

^I pretty much concur Bianca ^_^ Though I think Georgina will take either Natalia S' or Kamila's place...

And I would love to see Daria Strokous make a huge splash in Paris :woot:

Personally, I think MDC is a little late on Anna Gushina being called a European Newcomer, but alas they had to give a spot to Daniela Borges (?!).

Anna Gushina:
Top 10 Newcomer FW 08 (Europe:( Anna Gushina
Fashion Week, Girls, Model News, Top 10 Newcomers February 25th, 2008, by wayn

Anna Gushina was world premiered at the SS 08 Prada show and went on to cut the expected swath through NYC. But, upon Anna Gushina’s return to Milan, her bookings exploded to make her IMG’s big breakout star on that market right this minute. That velocity is speeding up for Paris which means this girl will be booked for everything blue chip and coveted in the next five days. Stay tuned!
(MDC)

Natalia Chabanenko:
Top 10 Newcomer FW 08 (Europe:( Natalia
Fashion Week, Girls, Model News, Top 10 Newcomers February 25th, 2008, by wayne

When former MOTW Natalia Chabanenko stalked out as Girl 1 at Prada, she instantly cemented her slot as the first of the European Top 10 Newcomers. We suspect her only outing in Paris will be the Miu-Miu, but the Monday afterwards will see a flood of bookings pouring into the Women Milano offices.
(MDC)

Obvious choices (though I think 'former MOTW' would be more relevant it it had happened sometime other than the day before the Prada show), and very probable locks for the actual list.

I think if Flo Gennaro has a fantastic Paris season (which seems possible) she could definately be in the top 10.

Hmm, the tides are a changing in Paris (but when has that not been the case). At the moment I think my list looks like this.

The Hot List :woot::
Abbey Lee Kershaw
Kamila Filipcikova
Georgina Stojilkovic
Karmen Pedaru
Malin Ones
Natalia Chabanenko
Anna Gushina
Aline Weber
Diana Farkhullina
Amanda Laine

The Watch List B:(
Natalia Shueroff, Kate Somers, Sara Blomqvist, Alice Burdeu, Heloise Guerin, Iris Strubegger, Gantz Gilles Zhavoronkova

The Dark Horse List :ninja::
Vika Kuropyatnikova, Tallulah Morton, Anna Selezneva, Viktoriya Sasonkina, Liu Wen, Jourdan Dunn

I'm a bit surprised by a few things in the last couple of days. First, I'm really hoping that IMG is saving Diana Farkhullina for the last couple of days, because her record in Paris has not been as incredible as I would have hoped thus far. Also, its starting to feel as if Amanda Laine is going to be the Supreme name this season (Prada, Marni, Yamamoto, Balenciaga, Givenchy) as Natalia Shueroff who is still doing well, is almost fading a bit in Paris. For me, Aline Weber's record is only decent, but opening Balenciaga should be a big boost for her. Also, the biggest shock of all has been seeing Tallulah Morton finally make her RTW appearance at Dior, Ungaro (closed), and Gaultier.

Should be interesting to see how this all ends... :wink:

My top 10

Abbey Lee Kershaw - Really strong debut season

Amanda Laine - Walked Prada and Marni and is shaping up to have a really strong Paris season (Givenchy, Balenciaga, Drie van Noten)

Anna Gushina - Amazing show season.

Flo Gennaro - Great season in Milan and is shaping up to have a great Paris season.

Georgina Stojilkovic - One of those girls who came out of nowhere and has done really well.

Iris Struebeggar - Slightly overlooked in Milan and New York but is having an amazing season in Paris.

Kamila Filipickova - Another girl who has done really well.

Karmen Pedaru - It seems like she's done all the big shows.

Malin Ones - For the same reason as Georgina, came out of nowhere to do have a great show season.

Natalia Chabanenko - If opening and closing Prada doesn't show any signs of a star in the making I don't know what does.

Natalia is a big "if" since Toni Garrn opened and closed Calvin Klein last season and didn't make the list. Adina and Toni should really be on the list but Adina missed out on Milan and Paris despite an amazing New York season and Toni Garrn has yet to do any shows other than Calvin Klein but she'll be off exclusive next season; I'm sure that both Adina and Toni will own SS09. If style.com are willing to forget past seasons Jourdan Dunn and Aline Webber could make the cut. Alice Burdeau, Natalia Schueroff and Diana Farkhullina are also candidates for the top 10.

I have no list for Europe yet...things have varried so heavily between NYC, Milan and Paris....it's def gonna take a while to process all the Paris proceedings and the week isn't even over yet! There are only a few certain locks for at this moment and those are Kamila, Malin, Abbey and Georgina...the rest I don't know yet.

And yaars, I too am very surprised at Tallulah Morton's sudden success. It's a fair one though, because boy does she look good on a runway!

I'm starting to think that Skye has potential to be on here. Her NY performance was underwhelming, but she seems to have done much better in Milan and now Paris.

More from MDC:

Amanda Laine:
Top 10 Newcomers FW 08(Europe) :Amanda Fashion Week, Girls, Industry News, Model News, Top 10 Newcomers February 29th, 2008, by wayne

Amanda Laine surfaced in NY in a few cool shows by edgier young designers but it took Europe to get the message. Through stints for Prada and Marni, the Canadian winner of the Supreme/V Magazine model search (also co-sponsored by MDC) raised the stakes in Milan. But it was that Balenciaga outing, that signalled that that Amanda was also now set to sweep Paris. But when starmakers at V and Supreme align, would you expect anything less?
(MDC)

Aline Weber:
Top 10 Newcomers FW 08(Europe:( Aline
Fashion Week, Girls, Industry News, Model News, Top 10 Newcomers February 29th, 2008, by wayne

This former MOTW was always on the winning track after a head-turning run through New York. But when Aline, the Brazilian stunner whose manifest moment has been brewing all this time, hit the Balenciaga runway as Girl 1, right at that moment she became the most watched girl in Paris. Brace yourself for the editorial and campaign windfall!
(MDC)

Definitely Georgina Stojilkovic....I feel like every show I've seen so far this season has had her in it!

Malin seems to have bombed a little in Paris. While she did do some great shows (Dior, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Nina Ricci)... she's lost the stride she had in NY and to a lesser extent, Milan.

Amanda Laine is already shaping up to be a serious contender for the list. That's if she finishes really strong today.

^Yeah I am afraid Amanda Laine is a lock now, since she just closed Vuitton -_-

I seriously don't like her :doh: Everytime I see her in a show I cringe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->