The Model Agency Mega Thread

What do you guys think about Premier and the type of management they provide?

And what about Women Milan/Paris, do they work hard for their girls or are most of the deals made through the NYC offices?

I recently noticed Game Model Management based in Paris - they have really very very precious raw diamonds desipte the fact they've been established just 2 months ago - if somebody happens to tell me whether they're just scouting & managing or into booking and a exclusive representation for the Paris' market, would be warmly welcome. :flower:

http://www.gamemodelmanagement.com/

They are a new boutique agency in Paris with a limited number of girls on their board and aiming for quality rather than quantity. They actually represent the girls in Paris, so it's no scouting business and most of their current models have mother agencies (Avant, Vo Models etc.).

Well, this kind of info is evident from their website. Any inside info re the team and their boss?

Well, this kind of info is evident from their website. Any inside info re the team and their boss?
Someone who used to work for a very good agency in Paris and who seems to have some nice contacts hence the very pretty scouting

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, does this answer my question? Phillippe L***ost has got also lots of contacts, so what?

I am helping a friend research Canadian modeling agencies, starting with Toronto. Do you all have perspectives about Toronto modeling agencies like Elmer Olsen, NEXT Toronto, Chantale Nadeau, Spot 6, Elite Toronto, Ford Toronto, Maximillian, Sutherland, Kontact, any others?

This is what I know, feel free to add or correct:

Elmer Olsen - established model agency, several of its models get high profile local bookings and also a mother agency for prestigious fashion work in NY, Milan, Paris and other capitals; I would assume that they have similar standards and are as picky as established NY agencies.

NEXT Toronto - Part of the NEXT network.

Chantale Nadeau - this is a management firm, she places models with agencies and gets a cut. Seems like a good situation if the model does not want to get lost in a larger agency.

Spot 6 - It looks like they are a modeling and talent agency. They seem to have a good roster and get their models good gigs, but I can't figure out their website.

Elite Toronto - ??

Ford Toronto - Not a lot of info, but they seem to get some good bookings.

Maximillian - couldn't find a lot of info, website is more flash than substance.

Sutherland - They seem to get some good bookings, but they have a training program which is OK, but I don't know if getting signed with them is contingent on you taking their classes.

Kontact - seems like a commercial and talent agency which is OK, but I couldn't find a lot of info connecting the talent to the booking, so can't figure out the quality of the work they get their models and actors.

Based on my information, Elmer Olsen, NEXT, Ford, Chantale Nadeau, Spot 6 and Sutherland look like the best bets. Does anyone have any additional information or insight? A different point of view? Are there any agencies that I did not list that I should look into?

Thank you.

For Toronto I don't care about anyone except Elmer Olson. I like Chantale as well but she's quite some girls who were promising but failed with bland placement if you ask me. Otherwise, my top recommendation goes to Mode Models, they've offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calagry and also some scouts located in Toronto opening mind to all possibilities, aggressively but considered pushing into the 4 main markets with a very certain focus and goal but still not losing the personal touch to their girls. Furtheron, there's no decent girl at Mode Models without promising placements within the agency networks of Europe (+ NYC) - Meghan Collison, Heather Marks, Julia Dunstall, Johanna Stickland and Simon Nessman should be grateful for such great motheragents.

Has this been posted from The NYPost.com:
'Model' war getting ugly

By DAREH GREGORIAN
Last Updated: 4:55 AM, June 21, 2010
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/model_war_getting_ugly_ZoxJlPBUVdXS39kH6F3LPO#ixzz0s6tjHRCQ

Ford Models won't keep its hands to itself, a rival agency claims.

In a case of the prey becoming the predator, Ford -- which has made complaints in recent years about rivals poaching its employees -- is being sued by a Manhattan modeling agency for allegedly having stolen away some of its top people.

In its Manhattan lawsuit, Women Model Management says Ford recently offered to buy them, and when the deal fell through, Ford bought off some of Women's top execs instead.

"[Ford's] concerted recruiting efforts to date have led to the departures of eight of plaintiff's key employees," the suit says.

Adding to Women's woes, former President Paul Rowland allegedly owes $866,904 for expenditures made with company cash.

"It's one thing for an employee to move from one company to another, so long as he acts properly and leaves with 'nothing but the shirt on his back,' so to speak," said Women's lawyer Brian Kaplan. "[But they] tried to take not only the shirts on their backs but also the entire wardrobe."

Rowland scored a $1.5 million-a-year job at Ford, while two of his assistants snared $400,000-a-year gigs.

Ford spokesman Chris Giglio "categorically denies the claims."

For Toronto I don't care about anyone except Elmer Olson. I like Chantale as well but she's quite some girls who were promising but failed with bland placement if you ask me. Otherwise, my top recommendation goes to Mode Models, they've offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calagry and also some scouts located in Toronto opening mind to all possibilities, aggressively but considered pushing into the 4 main markets with a very certain focus and goal but still not losing the personal touch to their girls. Furtheron, there's no decent girl at Mode Models without promising placements within the agency networks of Europe (+ NYC) - Meghan Collison, Heather Marks, Julia Dunstall, Johanna Stickland and Simon Nessman should be grateful for such great motheragents.

While I agree with your comments re: Mode, I have to counter on one point. Chantale has been placing her girls with all of the top agencies -- hardly bland -- and furthermore, you have to understand, that she can't just PLACE a girl, they have to be chosen by the agency.

^Totally agree on Chantale Nadeau's placements. No bad one or not that I had noticed, often similar as Mode and it's always up to the agencies to want to represent a girl or not so it often limits the options. And then, even with the very best placement (at first sight) it doesn't work sometimes for various reasons going from human relationships to market response to the girl's own availability to travel...

Do you mean US based motheragents/scouting agencies, marcjacobslvr?
Well, there is Pulse Management (Ali Stephens, Hye Rim, Hanna Holman..) in NY, Utah and Miami, Specimen Model Management in Maryland, Katie Forgarty's and Karlie Kloss' motheragency Mother Model Management based in St Louis, Ginny Edwards Placement, Star Models of San Fransisco (maybe even my fav of the whole Californian market), Vision LA who discovered Lindsay Wixson, Ashley Smith's motheragent Foreman Management in Texas, and for sure the common powerhouses like Ford in LA (i think they are my favorite of the entire Ford network besides New York).

Could somebody explain the connection between Pulse Management and Elite Worldwide?

^ Ya that's what I meant. Do you know of any good ones in the south like the Carolinas, GA, Alabama, Tennessee, etc?? Thanks!

Could somebody explain the connection between Pulse Management and Elite Worldwide?

I couldn't tell you the exact nature of their connection but it's pretty close, if not exclusive. With a few happy results that we know, which is quite a good sign ^_^

marcjacobslvr Oh, I'm not too familiar with US based motheragents, have to take a pass here.... But one of the top placement agents, like placing his girls with polaroids only no matter where they are from, is Specimen Model Management... He placed Marike le Roux with Next before she left them for Wilhelmina, Hildie G of FORD NY, Maddie Welch (Supreme NY)... If there's an appealing girl/boy, he finds a great agency, no matter where she/he is from... I hope that helps :flower:

ETA:Penny Thank you, definitely looking forward to what they have in store... I love their both Amandas and Natalie whom you had featured recently... I really wonder that i've never heard of them before today's date...^_^

marcjacobslvr Oh, I'm not too familiar with US based motheragents, have to take a pass here.... But one of the top placement agents, like placing his girls with polaroids only no matter where they are from, is Specimen Model Management... He placed Marike le Roux with Next before she left them for Wilhelmina, Hildie G of FORD NY, Maddie Welch (Supreme NY)... If there's an appealing girl/boy, he finds a great agency, no matter where she/he is from... I hope that helps :flower:

ETA:Penny Thank you, definitely looking forward to what they have in store... I love their both Amandas and Natalie whom you had featured recently... I really wonder that i've never heard of them before today's date...^_^

Amanda is quite amazing and Natalie... are you talking of Miss Keyser? If yes she's a perennial favorite of mine!

As for Wilhelmina it's actually one of my favorites in NY, quite inspired and inspiring :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->