The Model Agency Mega Thread

La

Hey :smile:
Does anyone know something about LA fashion market and which agency is the best out there ?:>

Kiss;
N

Sorry - I mean provide both fashion and commercial jobs for models.

From huffingtonpost.com

Wilhelmina SUES Next For Stealing Models
First Posted: 11-19-10 11:32 AM​

Wilhelmina has sued Next Management, alleging that Next took three of its models, resulting in them breaking their contracts with Wilhelmina, the New York Daily News reports.

The gals in question are Alexandra "Allie" Rizzo, Nina Keita and Irene Lambers. The suit reads: "Rizzo, Keita and Lambers have instead performed, and announced their intention to continue to perform, modeling services for Next."

The Daily News points out that Next was sued three times last year by Ford Models for "poaching models."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Wilhelmina took Keke Lindgard from Next NY and furtheron, they convinced her to leave Specimen, Keke's former motheragency. Not very comme il faut either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna Aleksandra Cywinska, Anna Maria Jagodzinska & Karmen Pedaru sue ex-agency Next

From nypost.com

Three models fire back with lawsuit against ditched agency
Posted: 3:22 PM, November 23, 2010
By DAVID K. LI​

Three models at the center of litigation between catwalk titans have struck back at their former employers, accusing them of stealing wages.

In May, Next Management filed a lawsuit against Ford Models for allegedly pilfering Polish pretties Anna Aleksandra Cywinska and Anna Maria Jagodzinska and exotic Estonian Karmen Pedaru from their stable of stunners.

Now the three beauties are suing Next, claiming they ditched that house because it ripped them off.

The beauties claimed Next took advantage of them by ``collecting and converting hundreds of thousands of dollars of their earmarked compensation remitted by third parties for bookings in the United States , ’’ the Manhattan Supreme Court suit states.

Pedaru claims Next owes her at least $400,000 and should pay her $1 million in punitive damages, according to the models’ lawyer Jennifer Bougher.

Jagodzinska is out $230,000 and Cywinska was taken for $30,000, they claimed. Both are also seeking $1 million in punitive damages.

A rep for Next was not immediately available for comment this afternoon.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._lawsuit_Q6QTCnND3WejepmT1zcEaK#ixzz16PlIHTwg

Next sure is involved in a lot of lawsuits lately.

Next sure is involved in a lot of lawsuits lately.

would not be surprising that it is not coincidence that many are started around the same moment.
Sure the results are always very unsure, but in the meantime procedur cost a lot, and to Next side it makes now quiet a lot of cases...
in the coming months, their lawyers will earn more than most of their models...:D

would not be surprising that it is not coincidence that many are started around the same moment...
in the coming months, their lawyers will earn more than most of their models...:D

You suppose that it's been the lawyers from Next who may have induced all these lawsuits? :smile: Well, it's a smart move then, LOL
Anyway, it's funny that while some "modest" girls agree to earn around 150% on this lawsuit, the others want to get up to 3000% as compensation :smile: Too bad that Next doesn't owe me anything, it would be nice to have this million.

Well, it's a smart move then, LOL
Anyway, it's funny that while some "modest" girls agree to earn around 150% on this lawsuit, the others want to get up to 3000% as compensation :smile: Too bad that Next doesn't owe me anything, it would be nice to have this million.

it is actually what make me think that the girls are "helped" to start these lawsuits.
So i would not be surprised that other agencies also think that is good time to start lawsuit that maybe they would have not started before, just to charge Next with a maximum of cases around the same moment.

just a guess, but timing and last news seems "interesting".

Well, it's not exactly news that Next has poached a lot of girls from other agencies during the past 2-3 years. Then they sue other agencies, i.e. Ford, for doing exactly the same thing as they've done. Agencies steal girls from each other all the time and girls bolt to other agencies on their own as well but Next seems to have really created some bad blood with the way they've been getting other agencies girls to jump ship -- see how they poached Karlie Kloss just as she was getting hot at Elite and the same with Agnete Hegelund. My guess is that all the bad blood they've cultivated over the past few years are a factor in all this litigation against them.

From nypost.com

Jason Kanner leaves Major Model Management and takes male talent
Posted: 11:36 PM, November 25, 2010​

The buzz at fashion photographer Morgan Miller's birthday at the Chelsea Room the other day was about the shakeup at Major Model Management. Industry powerhouse and former men's division head Jason Kanner abruptly left the agency after nine years. Kanner started his own shop, Soul Artist Management, and brought close to 40 male models with him, including Justin Hopwood, Simon Nessman, Sean Harju, Brian and Travis Davenport and Patrick Kafka, a source said. Kanner told us, "I have love and respect for that agency." A rep for Major Model had no comment.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/jason_kanner_leaves_major_model_0SqDHIImIxqHzimjfEOnTN#ixzz175vVNSrq

Does anybody know a good agency for girls to do strictly only lingerie/swimwear (someone below 5'8")?

Does anybody know a good agency for girls to do strictly only lingerie/swimwear (someone below 5'8")?

How tall are you and where are you located?

If you want to do money and quality lingerie/swimwear then you would have to be at least just barely 5'7" and no taller than 5'11". Anything out of that and there's really no career/ability to make money for a living (not even bare minimum 20K).

If you fit those stats, agencies in NY that would be good for that are Elite, Wilhelmina, Ford, Next Direct, Marilyn, Women Direct, MC2. Those are the only agencies that will be able to help you specialize a career in that. The other agencies would want you to do all type of jobs to maximize your earning power because they simply don't focus on it/don't have enough clients for just that type of career.

If you're serious about it, you would also want agencies in LA and Miami since those are markets that cater to those clients. The aforementioned agencies deal with that type of networking.

Yea, I am 5'7".. San Francisco.
It's just unclear to me because on most of the agency websites, they don't mention it (lingerie/swimwear). So I wasn't sure how to even look into it without getting trashy p*rno type google results.
Thank you very much for the info, I'm beginning to think more about LA.

^ Okay, hm maybe I'll even go in next week! Thank you.

Hey guys. I'm wondering about Next's client list for both commercial and hf. If you know who their clients are could you let me know :flower:

is it "normal" to submit your pictures to agencies that are not based in your country? (i'm from stockholm and, let's say, i want to try at berlin or london agencies).

Hey guys. I'm wondering about Next's client list for both commercial and hf. If you know who their clients are could you let me know :flower:
I don't know if there is an easy way to answer your question but here is a link to their blog, if you scroll down the list on the right, it gives you some idea of the clients that their models are booking.

This is a list of models who have profiles on models.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->