US Vogue June 2016 : Margot Robbie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Stunning cover and an absolutely gorgeous editorial, I love it (especially the addition of Alexander :wub:) The close up of Margot is divine!

I am loving Mert and Marcus shooting the US Vogue cover stories; April, May and now June are some of the best US Vogue covers and features in absolutely ages.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was shot by M&M?? No....

This would've been a great cover, but with the photoshop done to her face it falls into the uncanny valley.

This is incredible, really fresh. However, I am sure a cropped version of the fourth image posted in the editorial would have made a better cover.

Alexander Skarsgard makes me weak in the knees. Whew lawd, i am parched.

Nice editorial, although cheesy way of promoting the movie.

She's honestly killing it in the cover story. Such a gorgeous woman.They could've done a bit more though: better styling and more innovative posing . But I don't blame them for focusing on her flawless face. Skarsgard is completely outshined and useless here but I do like his solo shot :brows:.

I'd forgotten she was the female lead in Tarzan. Two blockbusters in one summer, you go girl ! Wondering how the ed & cover would've turned out if they'd decided to promote Suicide Squad instead. Can you imagine an Harley Quinn + Joker editorial in US Vogue :lol:

Her portrait shot would've made such a natural and sizzling cover it's a shame. Also, I still don't get why they used that fake background for the cover.

Did they upload the full cover?

Absolutely gorgeous! :heart:

I had first thought the cover was shot by Mert & Marcus but wasn't sure since it did look very Testino, reminding me of the swimwear shoot he done with Jennifer Lopez in 2012. The cover shot does have a lot of M&M qualities though, with the lighting and bronzed skin - I'm not complaining. Overall, the cover is a breath of fresh air for US Vogue and it's wonderful to see Margot Robbie.

Can anyone confirm if the size is back to its normal size? My goodness, I'm freaking out in a way (please be consistent with the new size)

^^^ it's back to its original size. The September issue will be large in size like the May issue.

I don't like the new large and in charge (in price) issue that was May because it's doesn't look right on my Vogue bookshelf and doesn't stack up right in my pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ it's back to its original size. The September issue will be large in size like the May issue.

I don't like the new large and in charge (in price) issue that was May because it's doesn't look right on my Vogue bookshelf and doesn't stack up right in my pile.

It would look bad in my pile considering its original size -> large size -> original size. The HORROR

Thanks for the info!

Mert & Marcus copy the Testino style to have works in Vogue Us #shame

Ahh yes this is giving major flashbacks to the mid 2000s celebrity profiles which I used to complain about but now feels fresh and substantial compared to the teenage rich girl wasteland the magazine has become

Mert & Marcus copy the Testino style to have works in Vogue Us #shame

Yeah, this is ridiculous. They hire "new" photographers and they do what the "old" photographer was doing. What's the point?

All the time the duo copy Meisel, Sims ,Testino, this is a BIG shame because that is not done, it is not good colleague

She's honestly killing it in the cover story. Such a gorgeous woman.They could've done a bit more though: better styling and more innovative posing . But I don't blame them for focusing on her flawless face. Skarsgard is completely outshined and useless here but I do like his solo shot :brows:.

I'd forgotten she was the female lead in Tarzan. Two blockbusters in one summer, you go girl ! Wondering how the ed & cover would've turned out if they'd decided to promote Suicide Squad instead. Can you imagine an Harley Quinn + Joker editorial in US Vogue :lol:

Her portrait shot would've made such a natural and sizzling cover it's a shame. Also, I still don't get why they used that fake background for the cover.

i would have DIED for a margot/jared leto editoral...:mohawk:
she is so stunning and i'm not mad at the cover image (or the solo shot of alexander :crush:) although the brown swimsuit shot is beautiful...
but the all leopard print because of tarzan? so lame and cliché...vogue should be better than that.

I like her cover and she is a refreshing choice.Lets hope they don't clutter the cover with text.

the cover looks good! but Alex stole the editorial for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->