US Vogue June 2018 : Rihanna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Sooo gorgeous! Rihanna's eyes are mesmerizing!

One of their best covers in months. Rihanna is simply too beautiful.

In addition of the Met, and the ocean 8 movie , she is about to release a new album...as i heard. ( plus fenty beauty and savageXfenty) and what ? thet's riri , and the cover is amazing.

I really doubt that is the actual cover, there must be a newsstands version full of text. :rofl: And I agree, looks so empty, and weird with just her tagline!

The amount of changes they did on her body in the ed is damn shameful!!! Mert&Marcus really need a reality check!!! She is beautifully curvy now, and doesn't need to be slimmed down!

I now have it on good authority that this unfinished cover is the final one! Besides, Vogue even posted this version on their website and Insta.

Quite shocking!

^ Whoa that is shocking, i mean on their site the cover doesn't even have the barcode, so i assumed the newsstands version will have more text. I guess this hasn't happened since the cover of Kidman by Penn.

Major applause to burning down the full on text! Even if it's more of an accident

Rihanna and Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott has become a total dream team. Almost unbelievable to think this is the same magazine, following Amal Clooney's pedestrian cover last month (which I did like, nevertheless). This has turned out so gorgeous, definitely one of my most favorite Rihanna/Vogue moments.

Newsstand copy ( with full text); source kevinkkelly1 on eBay

MdbAQVKD_o.jpg

^ Ah, thank you for posting. I knew there is no way the posted cover would be the actual newsstands version. But even that is less text than their usual, so I was gonna say; they still get cool points. But NOPE, not with that "exclusive Georgina" BS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"exclusive" again?:rolleyes:
vogue is trying too hard to be People and OK!

Of course, Rihanna jumped the gun on Instagram and they had to post her version of the cover on social media for consistency. I just knew the newsstand one would be this crowded.

im guessing they leaked the no coverline cover so people wouldn't discuss Georgina?

Or staggered the release of things to ensure they'd get two-step coverage - first, a fuss about Rihanna on the cover, and then a week or so later, grab another few headlines regarding that "exclusive" feature.

I was assured that the cover would have no lines. Serves me well.

I actually prefer this version. It's just enough coverlines.

...But NOPE, not with that "exclusive Georgina" BS!!

im guessing they leaked the no coverline cover so people wouldn't discuss Georgina?

( nuclear)Wintour's editor's letter defending Georgina. Vomit inducing.

from vogue.com
“I have moments of rage. I have moments of confusion. I have moments of disbelief!” says Chapman.

Before Georgina Chapman chose to break her silence to Vogue writer Jonathan Van Meter, she spent a lot of time soul-searching, wondering whether she should do so or not. Just after the very serious allegations of harassment, abuse, and assault against her husband, Harvey Weinstein, first became known last October, they separated. She disappeared from the public eye, retreating to look after their two young children, and trying to create some semblance of normality in her working life at Marchesa, the fashion label she founded with her business partner and lifelong friend Keren Craig. But how does one ever even begin to cope? When I went to see Georgina not long after the news broke, she was near mute with shock, trying to process the emotions—anger, guilt, revulsion, fear—as well as grappling with the terrible wider human cost in all of this.
I’ve known Georgina for a long time. We first met back in 2004, when she and Keren were launching their label, and she was giddy with anticipation and excitement about the future. She was warm, funny, and extremely self-deprecating. Georgina is essentially quite old-fashioned, and just as she was always the good daughter—she is still very close to her family—she also became the good wife. She adored Harvey, but in the blink of an eye, she went from being in a seemingly happy marriage to looking back on a relationship that had become both bewildering and terrifying.
I am firmly convinced that Georgina had no idea about her husband’s behavior; blaming her for any of it, as too many have in our gladiatorial digital age, is wrong. I believe that one should not hold a person responsible for the actions of his or her partner. What Georgina should be receiving is our compassion and understanding. Just before we finished this issue, I met with her again. While still in turmoil, she was intent on doing her best for the children she loves so much, and ready for life as an independent woman. She could begin to see a future.

^ Disgusting, can Wintour pack her bags, and leave already?!! She is shameless!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->