Victoria's Secret models going high fashion!

Ale looked really stunning at Dolce & Gabbana. She did stand out for me, and she fitted the brand so perfectly. I need to see her more in the runways.

I couldn't help but notice how much shorter Izabel and Ale were compared to the other girls on that Dolce & Gabbana runway. I always knew Ale was on the shorter side of modeling, but she looked positively tiny next to Trentini and even Natasha (who I never thought was as tall as her listed height of 5'10").

i don't care too much for VS girls.:yuk:
they suit what they do for VS, like blowing kisses, pouting and all those cheesy gimmicks :sick:, that is why i don't like to see them do H/F cause i can't take them seriously.

:angry: and the biggest thing that really irritates me is, if i have to hear one more time about 'curvy' VS girls, with healthy womanly figures i will throw something into my computer. VS girls are just as skinny, even skinner, than H/F girls, looking at you Miranda and Ale...:innocent:

Some of it, I agree. Maybe, it just feels a bit weird seeing them again in an HF show. <Hoping I'll get used to it> ^_^

Jesus. :rolleyes: Did any of you all participate in the debate in Natasha Poly's thread?:

Oh boy, I feel like a comment of mine in there is what got that started :ninja:. Even though it's not her thread, I'd like to clear it up..

I was being very sarcastic and my post was totally misconstrued to make me look like some evil villain.. I'm not a big poster here and I'm certainly not used to people taking comments so seriously and getting so overly offended.

I'm personally not a fan of VS going HF but I do love VS and their models and so I am happy for the girls. Alessandra was my absolute favorite model for years before Natasha and I've always wished Izabel would get more work so good for them. :flower:

Ale and Iza looked lovely at Dolce..:heart:

i don't care too much for VS girls.:yuk:
they suit what they do for VS, like blowing kisses, pouting and all those cheesy gimmicks :sick:, that is why i don't like to see them do H/F cause i can't take them seriously.

Oh my, I certainly see what you mean... :shock:

Like when Adriana kept pointing to those sitting at the front row of Givenchy, and blew kisses their way. :yuk:
v6kho9.jpg

youarewhoyouwear.com

And worst yet, she got the campaign and looked so out of place! What the hell was Tisci thinking? :cry:
1tn1jm.jpg

stylefrizz

And what about Miranda? When she first walked Balenciaga!:o She needs to put that gimmicky smile away and act like a real oh-so-hf model! Double :yuk:
6z7r5v.jpg

Grazia.com.au

And Ale at Prada... don't get me started. I could have sworn as I was going through the collection at style.com that she was flirtatiously winking! Does she not know the difference between a VS runway to a Prada runway? How dare she! :yuk:
30vi0yo.jpg

nowfashion via ale's thread

Surely Steven Meisel, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Marc Jacobs and who ever else continuously uses one or two of these girls lately, can see what we see? I mean, how could they see beyond the gimmicky persona of these girls and instead, see them as what they actually are: Models. :o

/sarcasm. * sighs *

Sorry. I just read way too many comments like this. I'll just say what a member here once said so brilliantly: A model is not a walking tag for a particular brand... something along those lines... :heart:

LMFAO, kito. That made my day! :lol: Littleathquakes, check your PM's!

Nice post Kito.:lol:

Miranda will be walking Balenciaga again this season and I'm hoping Adriana will be walking Givenchy.:unsure:

Miranda and "VS Angels" have shot a Vogue cover. Any guesses? I'm pretty certain it's not Paris.

I think it's funny that no one brings up Laetitia Casta's extensive work with VS from 1998-2002. She's had at least 100 covers, was the face of Chanel and was even the Marianne in 1999. More recently she was featured in a Rihanna music video and walked Cavalli two days ago, she's still relevant and recognizable. Easily Laetitia is one of the most respected models of all time and she did it by dominating both the HF and commercial markets.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Is it simply because the brand itself is Victoria's Secret? Is there something more commercial about wearing underwear for a VS catalogue rather than the countless bland shots for Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus catalogues that the HF girls do? Personally, I think that the VS people are just better salesmen. As far as I'm concerned there's too much type casting in the fashion industry all around and too many models end up shuffled into a niche and forgotten simply because they don't have the chance to show their versatility.

Beyond all of that, I am more than excited to see some healthier body types on the runways. I think there's a time and a place for the thinner, more waify shape, but I don't see why that has to be the default. It's better to show more sides to beauty, seeing as it is a market they are appealing to and not one single individual. Christina Hendricks has trouble getting dresses for the red carpet because the designers rarely have make them in her measurements. I think her body is beautiful and I don't see why it isn't catered to the same way as Nicole Kidman's, it's not like there is an over abundance of rail-thin 5 foot 10 inch women.

:rofl: I think I'll stop ranting now.

Beyond all of that, I am more than excited to see some healthier body types on the runways. I think there's a time and a place for the thinner, more waify shape, but I don't see why that has to be the default. It's better to show more sides to beauty, seeing as it is a market they are appealing to and not one single individual. Christina Hendricks has trouble getting dresses for the red carpet because the designers rarely have make them in her measurements. I think her body is beautiful and I don't see why it isn't catered to the same way as Nicole Kidman's, it's not like there is an over abundance of rail-thin 5 foot 10 inch women.

I fuss about this literally all the time. I can't stand to see her in the same dresses people should be climbing over each other to style her. She's absolutely stunning and has an amazing shape.

Alessandra just showed up at Hakaan, (thank God she's not just walking Katie Grand shows) and she looked incredible, no different than any other HF top model at that show

What I find particularly funny about people complaining about VS going HF is the fact that they say the girls will jump around the runway blowing kisses waving -- like wth are you serious??

Also, Gisele Bundchen was HF went commercial and could still go back to HF and pwn half the girls on the runway. Same with Ale and Iza, they're fantastic models regardless of which industry they're in. I think it's harder for a HF model to go VS.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Is it simply because the brand itself is Victoria's Secret? Is there something more commercial about wearing underwear for a VS catalogue rather than the countless bland shots for Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus catalogues that the HF girls do? Personally, I think that the VS people are just better salesmen. As far as I'm concerned there's too much type casting in the fashion industry all around and too many models end up shuffled into a niche and forgotten simply because they don't have the chance to show their versatility.

I completely agree with everything you have said and in all honesty, I think there are some people who are bothered by the "curvy" VS look on the runway and they just don't admit it. :innocent: It's not about them being commercial at all, it's about them being a little more different than the typical thin HF girl and some people don't think that should be associated with it (basically they don't want change.) Even though Alessandra is equally the size of an HF model.

Alessandra is easily smaller than the typical HF model. if you look at that Dolce & Gabbana finale pic, Natasha has bigger bust and hip measurements. She only lacks height and she's more torso than legs, but other than that she's probably easier to work with because she can fit the sample sizes.

Alessandra and Miranda (when not pregnant) are easily both HF model sizes, but they look healthy with that shape rather than emaciated or underaged the way so many of the cattle-like herd of HF nobodies do. Don't get me wrong, I love HF models, I'm not terribly biased and in fact even started out with a much more closed idea towards the commercial market. The thing is that there is a difference between Coco or Lily D or Natasha or any of the stars of the HF world and that's the fact that they can actually model, where as so many of their carbon copies walk down the run way and fill the pages of mags with nothing other than bland expressions, weak posing and poor emoting. "She's the next Kate Moss!" "Like a baby Vodianova!" You hear it all the time, so many of them are copies of a copy of an aesthetic and things tend to get worse the more you copy them, not better.

The VS girls have a few things that set them apart. They're required to have strong and confident personalities as they are spokesmodels and have to represent their employer in interviews and for store openings, etc, so that already pushes them forward a smidge as personality goes a long way in this business. Next there are countless behind the scenes videos, commercials, catalogue shots and and promos that they have to do which afford them the opportunity to get LOTS of experience doing their actual job: modeling. Most of those VS girls can pose like nobody's business; you try keeping it fresh when you're doing the same kind of shots 300 times in a row. And then there's also the fact that VS is such a well recognized brand that over time the girls slowly become recognizable as well: Heidi, Gisele, Tyra, Adriana, the list goes on. VS offers a modicum of longevity that we frankly do not see as often in the HF arena. Ale is 30 and Adriana is 29 and they've both been working with the company for 10 years now. Still being a strong force after a decade is something that most HF models only dream about. It makes sense that they should be recognized as strong, accomplished models who deserve a place in the spotlight, they've earned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->