Vogue Italia October 2015 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Now that's more like it! That cover is so much better than the first two. This one has more of a Vogue Italia vibe to it compared to the others. I could actually see Meisel, and that's definitely a bad thing.

But, why does it still feel undone? It still feels like a preview cover.

The covers are fine, but sorry, any fashion photographer can make an amazing cover-story than Steven Meisel, everyone.

This seems pretentious for Vogue Italia, leave it to Dazed or ID give us Vogue worthy covers

Has there ever been a male model fronting solo a VI cover before? I don't know, this just feels too gimmicky. It feels as if M&M are trying to create a new era away from Meisel's reigning days in VI. Like, when people look back 10 years from now and think who shot the first ever cover of VI with a solo male model on it (unless there has been someone before) - it would be them who would be look back at - "it's where it all started", "the new beginning for this "legendary" magazine."

I honestly don't mind seeing M&M shoot for VI as long as they deliver. However, I am not feeling this at all. :innocent: I'll skip this issue. Bring November on! :mrgreen:

Multiple covers? Hah, cars again on the cover :lol:

This third cover with Sofia is actually beautiful, they should have gone with this as a single cover.

Why hiring Mert & Marcus to do a Steven Meisel lookalike cover?

I agree. That looks like something Meisel would've shot in the early 00's.

Are those the first M&M pictures with skin texture ever? I can see Sofia's expression lines.

For pete's sake, this is Vogue Italia. Shame on Mert & Marcus and Franca for delivering such lazy, sloppy work. I can understand this on any of the countless "boutique" type magazines that are available now (and would be cool cause it's relevant to their look), but this is just too much of a stretch wanting to appeal the masses. Very disappointed with what I've seen so far. I can only imagine the edits will follow the theme of the covers.

I don't know how to say. The first thing is I AM NO LONGER EAGER to wait for the work of art from Meisel every month. Because it's not Meisel any more. It just like any kind of magazine without passion no more. At least, I can't feel the energy.
Hope Meisel back to save the magazine world, even the fashion world.

For pete's sake, this is Vogue Italia. Shame on Mert & Marcus and Franca for delivering such lazy, sloppy work. I can understand this on any of the countless "boutique" type magazines that are available now (and would be cool cause it's relevant to their look), but this is just too much of a stretch wanting to appeal the masses. Very disappointed with what I've seen so far. I can only imagine the edits will follow the theme of the covers.
The latest cover isnt much of an improvement. Wanted to showcase a girl in a gritty urban street setting? Seen it before, and executed way better than this!! Last month with Lexi, and Miu Miu A/W. So yeah, this is indeed a poor man's sloppy take on Meisel. If Franca thinks that these two hacks would be able to replace Meisel, she's in for a rude awakening.

tumblr_inline_n2eozzURCj1srae48.gif

cuteeeeeday.tumblr.com

:sick:

So the cover is a large fold-out?

I am also surprised that Armani is no longer on the cover of October issue this year. Besides this, no comment on the content really. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->