Vogue Italia October 2015 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Wait.. That's the cover? What a huge mess!!! It's like they can't decide so hello collage. They should seriously consider trying out Instagram Layout because the collage thing is no longer working for them. Didn't Meisel do that for July already of the same year?

There are a lot of shots that could have been a better cover. But you know, Franca...

This is Vogue Paris x Suzanne Koller for me. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these are... cute. I kinda love M&M cosplaying as Juergen Teller idk

Shouldn't this belong in i-D or Dazed? For an issue based on "youth" it sure does feel out of sync with the youth of today lol.

If this is the "youth" I'm so glad I'm old! LOL
I find some shots interesting but overall is so depressing, I dont like this one bit for VI :(

the editorial look goof, but no WOOW expected more, being an entire publishing by M&M
the editorial have copy of others photographers, Meisel, Juergen Teller, Sorrenti, Alasdair McLellan. :innocent:

If this is the "youth" I'm so glad I'm old! LOL
I find some shots interesting but overall is so depressing, I dont like this one bit for VI :(

:lol: It is very depressing. Fashion magazines are always going out of their way to depict the youth with such an angsty and austere mood! That's not always the case, at least that wasn't the case for me.
My main issue with this feature is the lack of narrative. What's the story here, I dont see it. A bunch of misfit models doing bored poses against gritty settings?
Anyway, the only redeeming feature is Stella Lucia in that muddy water, and Gucci on the cover.
Does nobody have a review yet? Maybe M&M meant they shot a long edit, instead of the entire issue. Because I hope it wont be the latter.

main ed credits

Crew 1.
Fashion editor Katy England
hair Paul Hanlon
hair colorist Ben Gregory
make-up Yadim
set design by Gerard Santos
models Sofia Fanego, Stella Lucia, Laura Hagestad, Connor Newall, Jamilla Hoogenboom, Isis Bataglia, Ross Stechman,

crew 2.
Fashion editor Max Pearmain
hair Paul Hanlon
make-up Lucia Pieroni
set design by David White
models Estella Boersma, Erik van Gils, Aidan Walsh, Marjan Jonkman, Damaris Goddrie, Max Doone, Lucas Jayden Satherly, Steph Smith, Stella Lucia, Annika Krijt

crew 3.
Fashion editor Marie Chaix
hair Akki
make-up Lisa Eldridge
set design by Andrea Stanley
models Lily Stewart, Agnes Nieske, Finnlay Davis, Cam Kerekes, Cayley King, Mitchell Slaggert, Sophie Hirschfelder, Marland Backus

crew 4.
Fashion editor Semra Russell
hair Paul Hanlon
make-up Lucia Pieroni
models Soekie Bennebroek, Rob Mardanov, Mae Telkamp

crew 5.
Fashion editor Panos Yiapanis
hair Paul Hanlon
make-up Lucia Pieroni
set design by david white
models Alessio Pozzi, Grace Booth, Jamilla Hoogenboom, Jonas Boons, Filip Hrivnak, Silvester van der Mark, Ruth Bell, Paige Stevens,

casting by Piergiorgio del Moro and Samuel Scheinman

The main ed looks like random photos from Tumblr blogs.

No body does this youth theme better than David Armstrong and 90's Corrine Day and David Sims...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its nice to see M&M try something new but overall its sub-par, one note and flat. I suppose all the "youth, cool kids" look the same. Nothing new here.

I like some of it. :ninja:

But it looks very try-hard cool. This is not something M&M would do genuinely, it's not their aesthetic... It looks sort of forced. Anyway, I enjoy some of the pictures. And Filip is all love. :heart: And that blond guy with very short hair is adorable too.

this all feels like a vague attempt at doing juergen teller / wolfgang tillmans / corinne day.... it doesn't look bad, and some photos are very good, but i can find similar things in i-d or dazed - every single issue.
really nothing to write home about here.

The shot of Stella Lucia in the lake with the armchair is EPIC and would make a killer VI cover!

some pics are cool but that cool doesn't really belong to VI

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->