Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

So finally Daphne got a Vogue Paris cover! Can't wait to see what's inside!
Thanks for posting this!

I like that shot of Lauren Hutton. Such a classy looking image. :smile:

bad cropping, we don't see the clothes (hello "fashion" magazine for Vogue Paris ASAP), Tom Ford is hidden, I thought it was Lara Stone at first and where's the text??? I mean we go from "way too much" to "nothing" mode on the cover? Is Vogue Paris tryin' the Italian Vogue cover style? I like the makeup, that's all.

I think this image is so striking; I love the angle of the shot and the perspective. Its very fresh and another issue I am so excited to add to my collection ^_^

^ Agree, it's striking, I love the colors and overall it's a good cover.
Daphne looks very much like Lara Stone at first look, maybe that's why Carine loves her.
I hope editorials are great, because I was disappointed with the previous issue.

And Daria for this year's calendar sounds great.

Yes, the calendar sounds exciting especially because it's got Daria in it. :smile:

:lol: I wonder why Carine hasn't gotten her hooks into Ashley Smith yet. The real Lara 2.0.

I really want to get the calendar for once this year, is there a place where I can order it from where they'll definitely ship the calendar with the magazine?

Last edited by a moderator:
bad cropping, we don't see the clothes (hello "fashion" magazine for Vogue Paris ASAP), Tom Ford is hidden, I thought it was Lara Stone at first and where's the text??? I mean we go from "way too much" to "nothing" mode on the cover? Is Vogue Paris tryin' the Italian Vogue cover style? I like the makeup, that's all.
Actually, their December/January issues alwyas have less text on the cover.

What a nice cover! I think Daphne really looks phenomenal and I don't even need to say anything about Tom:brows::heart:

Edited version without white frame

82fb9a12b620.jpg

wwd

The cover looks great, but she looks to much like Lara on that cover to me (and yeah that's probs why Carine like Daphne). So it's feel like a Lara Look a like cover to me.

WOW!!! Hello Guy Bourdin! I'm loving it!!!! can't wait for the review!! :D I'm hoping there'll be a Roitfeld-Testino-Ford collaboration ...

I think Daphne is perfect for this issue. With her painted voluptuous lips and long blonde mane, she represents a kind of fierce, overstated, unabashed sensuality, which incidentally is a school of aesthetic Tom Ford subscribes to. Plus she's like a breath of fresh air. I mean, we really wouldn't have wanted to see Lara or Kate again, would we, and had it featured a veteran like Amber or Karen or Stella or Gisele, the freshness element would've been hard to create. Can't wait for the review.

Uhm, they made Daphne exactly look Lara Stone (the look, eyes, brows, hair). Daphnes eyes and brows are unique and now her eyes are closed, the brows lighter so at first I thougt it was Lara to only with fuller lips. A shame, but after the anniversary I think this is indeed one of the important covers right? I doubt it was for november, cause she was never considered for november so maybe it have been always for december/january. But i think the cover looks great.
Can't wait to see what is inside :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->