Vogue Paris February 2015 : Anna Ewers by David Sims

I wish there were some shots on the streets... this is too much of plain background, it gets boring really fast imo.

Boom boomMy Beauty story for @VogueParis #February 2015 issue is Just out!!! With Gorgeous @emilydidonato1 styling by @tchelia Makeup by #PetrosPetrohinos Hair by #JamesRowe #EmilyDidonato #VogueParis #CuneytAkeroglu xx

10931367_907360822632184_465843383181740189_n.jpg

facebook.com/CuneytAkeroglu

^that reminds me of a similar image/editorial, anyone has any idea? this will drive me crazy for the rest of the day :doh:

^Linda Evangelista Vogue Russia (yellow)
Naomi Campbell Vogue Russia (White)

I'm excited with "Studio Vogue" just because Natasha and Anna look to die for! They both are such a bombshells! :blush::heart:

^that reminds me of a similar image/editorial, anyone has any idea? this will drive me crazy for the rest of the day :doh:

Maybe Iselin Steiro for Vogue Paris in 2010? I can't remember the month but Tyen was the photographer, there was a backstage video and all.

^^it was Naomi in VR but you´re right, Iselin´s is also similar... goes to show that Cuneyt´s image is not very original :Pink:

Hilary is that you? :o Photoshop disaster...

This magazine is a glorified catalogue at best. Stale, repetitive, unispired, tiresome, irrelevant, done... Every image posted could be from ANY magazine.

My god, it doesn't get any more boring than this.

And... who thought Aymeline's pictures were worth publishing? They are... nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Studio Vogue is the only interesting thing about this issue..

Studio Vogue is the saving grace of this issue. All else is repetitive.

My dear Emmanuelle,
1. STOP using Giampaolo Sgura on your features. All your C'est Vogue features, month after month, look the same! It's like you took all the photos in one batch then decided to split them up into a year.

2. BRING BACK Sorrenti, I&V, Klein, Richardson, Feurer and +++! Their features, although some are repetitive and some are vulgar (ahem) add life to the magazine!

3. STOP using white backgrounds and making the photo black and white! Have you ever looked at your magazine and ever wondered asking "where's the life?", "where's the color?" I know using plain backgrounds add more emphasis to the clothes but girl, switch it up! White is not the only color in the color wheel. Just saying.

4. FIRE your Art Director. Good god. What is that layout! It's like they were unsure as to what font they were to use so they used all of them! And in my point of view, having 3 layout changes in the span of 3 years just goes to show that you haven't found the identity of the magazine yet. Reinvention is good, but please let this "reinvention" not only be projected on the layout... Kindly include all aspects of the magazine in the reinvention.

5. Cuneyt doesn't add anything to this magazine. Unoriginal and dull. He's just as monotonous as Giampaolo.

6. Girl, give me something seductive, sexy, fierce, bold, and something worth remembering! Natasha's June/July and Anna's August of last year were both heading that direction and after that, it all went downhill and reverted back to the same old stale magazine it is now. I know Carine focused too much on the sultry, sexy, and seductive side of femininity but at least now you have the power to mix it up! Not that I'm against the smiling, jumping and wacky photos of models, but girl, it gets annoying when seen too much.

7. I love that you brought back the collections issue (here's to hoping that it continues from here on), but girl don't use a photographer that focuses on studio shoots. I mean Studio Vogue is fantastic but at some point it became meh. Some outdoor shots would've broken the monotous state of the editorial.

8. Shuffle your stylists! The reason why the Miss Vogue, C'est Vogue, and Bijoux features are so repetitive and all looks the same is because they are always styled by the same stylist! To be honest, Geraldine's supplement editorials are sometimes so much better than the main content. Have her style a main editorial and have Joe McKenna or Suzanne style Miss Vogue. Emmanuelle can style C'est Vogue for a change as well.

I know Vogue Paris is trying because you can see it! Some issues are a miss and some are a big hit! And some issues make us readers ask if you guys are really trying at all. It just bothers me as to how a team of superb stylist produce lackluster content. Emmanuelle on her own is a great stylist, so as Suzanne ++ but how on earth do they produce such lackluster content?

What's more saddening is to know the fact that this team has potential and we all know they're capable of producing rich content. Let's not forget that Emmanuelle has produced some of the most unforgetable VP editorials of the year 2000 +!

That picture of Emily reminds me of this photo of Christy Turlington by Gilles Bensimon 1987

Attachments

• Christy 1987.jpg
    Christy 1987.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 2
The highlight of this issue is of course the Collections story and Lachlan Bailey's shoot. The diversity of that story and the different looks are actually quite remarkable. If you compare this issue with last month's, it'll win hands down just because of it's sheer variety. Lachlan's story was probably shot in Brooklyn, no? While he's certainly offering interesting angles, unfortunately the setting has been done to death.

God, they really have a tunnel-vision approach to beauty stories! Emily just replaced Anna Selezneva because these shots look exactly the same.

I also have a problem with the styling in Hilary's edit. It's too vintage for my liking, so much that it actually looks like something lifted from a vault as opposed to a modern take on 80's maximalism. Lickily her lively energy saves this.

Agree with Creative, that JW Anderson story was a complete waste of Aymeline. It is truly nothing, and I find it sad because they don't book her often.

Everything is just so austere and realist, they could actually benefit with some fantasy, or something cinematic for a change. A bit of Klein wouldn't hurt imo.

Again, thanks for all the scans Oxy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->