Vogue Paris February 2015 : Anna Ewers by David Sims

I love Anna and I like the energy here. Yet I can't help but see Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Maybe it's because of the terrible outfit or the outrageous makeup.

Are Vogue covers like Academy Awards now?? Are they supposed to be given to people who've earned them?? :rolleyes:
Models don't "deserve" Vogue covers. Nobody "deserves" a magazine cover. It has nothing to do with deserving anything. If the editor-in-chief and the photographer want you on the cover, that's the end of the discussion. Period. It's truly as simple as that. A Vogue cover is not a Nobel Peace Prize.

Models don't "deserve" Vogue covers. Nobody "deserves" a magazine cover. It has nothing to do with deserving anything. If the editor-in-chief and the photographer want you on the cover, that's the end of the discussion. Period. It's truly as simple as that. A Vogue cover is not a Nobel Peace Prize.

I don't really understand why people must always contrast certain aspects of the fashion industry against Nobel Peace Prizes and Oscars. Is it to highlight the fashion industry's flawed superficiality and inferiority? If that's the case then it's pointless, really.

The context of this discussion is models and magazines in the fashion industry. If a model does numerous shoots for a specific magazine over a long period, then yes, she does 'deserve' a cover. Especially if she's been in the industry for a while, boast with a diverse resumé (Raquel/Karlie/Joan!), and gets continually passed over in favour of newer girls. A cover is regarded as a measure of success in this industry. Better still, to book one, some, or all of the four influential Vogues (US, UK, Paris and Italia) is quite an achievement. Many people, even editors, know this and that's the reason why this discussion will always persist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes to Benn98!

From a Vogue editors perspective, no they don't look on who deserves a cover. They just put the model they want on the cover and that's it. Vogue Italia has proven that many times. If you are a model, you can be on the cover. That's the way it is.

From another perspective we can definitly say that there are models who deserve to be on the cover by now. Models with a huge resume, who appear often in the magazine and are house hold names. Anna is still making a name for herself. People who are not really into models often thinks she is Lara Stone. Yesterday I saw someone posting a instagramphoto from Anna with the text my new favourite model Lara Stone.

I don't mind a fresh choice now and then between the Daria's, Lara's and Kates. I didn't mind her first VP cover, I actually thought she looked great. But to give her another one? Nah. It's like Benn98 said a big achievement to be on one of the big 4. I defitinitly can say that there are models who deserve one before Anna got her second. Besides it's imo a bad one. All I can think is was Lara Stone not availble? She and other models would have killed this cover.

But hey, congrats to Anna.

^Thanks for updating something interesting :D

Seems like there will be a collection editorial again! :clap:

so the main ed is a multi girl one, is that Gisele? surprised that she didn´t get the cover, with Chanel campaigns and all...

thanks for posting, MB!

I just want to add this to the discussion.
Ofcourse Anna doesn't deserve this cover like Raquel or Iselin does, but if magazines don't give new girls like Anna a chance to be on the cover, new top models will never be created.
Same with campaigns. Everyone is saying that there is a big turnover rate nowadays and that there are no new top models, but they are the ones complaining when a newbie model gets a big campaign.

Without these covers and campaigns, new models will never grow into the top models we all love.

^Exactly. I always say that Lara and Raquel had to start somewhere, I bet people were complaining as well back then :lol:

The collections issue is back!!! Loved their issues! I just hope the 88 looks are not all in white background. The previews looks good

Natasha is giving me Jessica Lange vibes in this picture.

image.jpg

141009_jessica_lange_david_bowie_american_horror.png

spin.com, vogue.fr via Melancholybaby

It looks like a tribute to CR era, I'm getting exactly the same vibe and that makes me somehow happy.

i'm loving the previews. the fonts are terrible but i feel that this might be the first VP i'd buy in a very long time.

The previews are ok, i think this issue look like the Carine's era. I hate these fonts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stopright
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->