Vogue Paris February 2015 : Anna Ewers by David Sims

I'm head over heels for the cover, I love the energy and movement Anna's pose is giving us. She's a real superstar model in the making! Yet those previews leave me completely and utterly underwhelmed (even with the sight of Natasha & Gisele). I do hope there's more stimulating images inside the issue because I feel as though I'm running out of ways to defend Alt's choices of late.

i agree with vogue28, the cover radiates a youthful energy and immediacy which i can't remember the last cover which gave me this kind of upbeat, energized , movement filled vibe.

i'm digging the image and masthead interaction especially the way Anna's bangle loaded wrists hook into the "O" in VOGUE and the cropping of Anna's upper half really adds to that sense of youthful energy jumping off the page that can't be fully contained.

I always appreciate a fully thought out cover that delivers the goods and isn't afraid to sell me the package deal but in an artful and thoughtful way. Art vs Commerce, the VOGUE covers especially of the 40s and 50s nailed these types of covers. I see a elements of that fashion finesse in this VP cover.

Review:

Mode

“C’est Vogue”
Photographer: Cuneyt Akeroglu
Stylist: Célia Azoulay
Model: UTM
5 pages

“C’est Vogue”
Photographer: Arnaud Pyvka
Model: UTM
1 page

“Une Fille Un Style: Carolina Prada Bianchi”
Photographer: Matthew Kristall
Stylist: Morgane Bedel
2 pages

“Miss Vogue: Manhattan Transfer”
Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Model: Vanessa Moody
12 pages

“Miss Vogue: Nuit Blanche”
Photographer: Katja Rahlwes
Model: Karmen Pedaru
8 pages

“Studio Vogue”
Photographer: David Sims
Stylists: Emmanuelle Alt, Suzanne Koller, Joe McKenna
Models: Anna Ewers, Gisele Bündchen, Hana Jirickova, Edie Campbell, Anja Rubik, Natalie Westling, Julia Bergshoeff, Kirsten Owen, Natasha Poly, Karolin Wolter, Lexi Boling, Mica Arganaraz, Rianne von Rompaey, Julia Nobis, Liu Wen, Leona “Binx” Walton, Karlie Kloss, Aya Jones, Issa Lish, Suvi Koponen*
70 pages
*I probably missed a couple models that I didn’t recognize

“La Double Vie d’Anna E”
Model: Anna Ewers
2 pages

“J.W. Anderson: Prêt à Briller”
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Model: Aymeline Valade
6 pages

Bijoux

“Party Girl”
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Model: Hilary Rhoda
6 pages

Beauté

“Beauté Feutrée” & “Fine Bouche”
Model: Emily Didonato
8 pages (all together)

Review by me

^ Thank you posting. This got excited about the issue, I didn't like the previews but maybe there's hope.

Oh my, "Studio Vogue" cast looks so promising ! I think I'll buy this issue :smile:

Thank you for the review. Can´t wait to see the contents :smile:
talking about models deserving covers, Anja is featured in the main editorial (and in practically every issue) yet the cover goes to someone newer... only 1 cover in years yet Anna gets 2 in less than a year :rolleyes:

Review:

Mode

“Miss Vogue: Manhattan Transfer”
Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Model: Vanessa Moody
12 pages

“Studio Vogue”
Models: Anna Ewers, Gisele Bündchen, Hana Jirickova, Edie Campbell, Anja Rubik, Natalie Westling, Julia Bergshoeff, Kirsten Owen, Natasha Poly, Karolin Wolter, Lexi Boling, Mica Arganaraz, Rianne von Rompaey, Julia Nobis, Liu Wen, Leona “Binx” Walton, Karlie Kloss, Aya Jones, Issa Lish, Suvi Koponen*
70 pages
*I probably missed a couple models that I didn’t recognize

“J.W. Anderson: Prêt à Briller”
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Model: Aymeline Valade
6 pages

Bijoux

“Party Girl”
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Model: Hilary Rhoda
6 pages

Beauté

“Beauté Feutrée” & “Fine Bouche”
Model: Emily Didonato
8 pages (all together)

Review by me

What the what!!! :woot: The casting is groundbreaking!!! Quite frankly could've done without Gisele, but I'll live. It wont be much longer now...

The cast of Studio Vogue sounds amazing! Can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see the collections ed, the casting is great.

“Studio Vogue”
70 pages

Part 1.

glossynewsstand.com

:clap: Take all my karma for today, Oxymore!! I'm not even sure where to look, Liuy Wen, Anna, Natalie, Edie, Binx, Karlie......oh God!

What an insane, gorgeous editorial! I love all the pop culture references, everything feels so energetic and fun. And what a cast! Plus, Sims is such a master of lighting!

I've seen this a million times. Boring.

PS: Someone burn those Zanotti boots!

Last edited by a moderator:
As a whole it looks exciting, but viewing each photo one after another, there is no excitement there, just regular old photos:(

Nice to see Balenciaga in Vogue Paris!

Fantastic editorial! Anna's shots are dull while Natasha's won me over! This girl delivers. Gisele is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->