Louis Vuitton F/W 09.10 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

To me, this is a perfect manifesation of how Vuitton can be kitsch. Furthermore, Madonna and Louis Vuitton as a pairing is completely insufferable. Why should we have to suffer because Marc Jacobs thought it would be "a good idea" to use her?

Besides, I haven't been excited about a Louis Vuitton campaign since Fall 2006 (Kate, Naomi, Daria). That was the perfect Vuitton campaign, no?

Its a shame Louis Vuitton, with all their money and power, still have to rely on celebrity to sell their products.

The most fantastic campaign ever!!!!! I still remember how painfully gorgeous and lifted-in-glamor all the girls looked. It would have been a tad bit more perfect if Pharrell Williams were to be replaced with a pack of cool male models, but what you gonna do? Marc loves his 'stars.'

she looks like legless..the photo is absolutely disgusting..hate everything in this shot

It's hideous....but I expect more than this. And need to see more pics!

styling: yes
editing: no

i love steven meisel but this is a bit of a disapointment
love the no-fingered gloves - Madonna's doing, no doubt

I think the idea of the campaign was to delibrately create a "fake celebrity". As far as I see I think its a good and valid idea. The collection itself had a "Twisted Barbie Doll" mentality to it; the scrunchy rabbit ears, the ridiculously engineered shoes, the cheaply styled hair and the "Badas$ Barbie" clothes.
And who better to play the part of the Twisted Barbie Doll than a super-photoshopped Madonna in a super stiff awkward pose?

^I think the idea is good, too.

The problem is we are here talking about LV (LVMH !) and I feel like it's a big joke ...
and I'm sorry but the result is really bad ...

until someone find very good arguments and will have very good thoughts abt it ...
i won't like this and think Bernard Arnault hasn't seen this before it got printed !

MJ and Arnault are people who like art, I CANNOT believe they let this happen - unless their passion for contemporary art is a joke as well !

WOW in a good way. Much better than the last season. First pic reminds me a little bit of Roversi's work.

could it be more photoshopped? gross

and i'm in the majority here, don't want to see madonna in my fashion magazines, thanks..

If you are gunna get a 50-something-year-old to represent your label she should look like a 50-something-year-old otherwise whats the point?! love how they had to cover her hands up! haha!

for refference sake, this is a picture of Madonna taken yesterday, after a day or rehearsals for her tour with zero make-up on her face and a harsh paparazzi flash in her face. She does not have a porcelain skin like the photograph, but her skin is flawless.

source: www.allaboutmadonna.com

This kind of pictures always pop-up when Madonna does anything in fashion ads. But every ad is photoshopped till it looks perfect, whoever the model is, regardless of age.
And I said it before: all girls may wish to look like that at 50. I think she looks great without make up.

i won't like this and think Bernard Arnault hasn't seen this before it got printed !

I think that's more Antoine's job than Bernard's. :flower:
I believe the next images will be better. (Except those silly gloves.)

i much prefer last season with all the crazy poses. at least she DID SOME POSES ... ugh

I hate to say this but after many attempts of M&M to copy Meisel, now is the time of Meisel to use the same effects of color and lighting which M&M often use.

I am not sure i like it... okay Madge is photoshoped like I don't know... it all looks like a cartoon a little bit... I mean it looks beautiful but lacks any sense of reality...

I have to say I love this, I was not so excited that Madonna was in the campaign again but i think it looks amazing:woot: I love the fairytale doll vibe and photoshopped aside she looks awesome love the clothes and the styling, really excited to see the rest of the shots I am in love with all the looks in this collection:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->