Model Casting F/W 15.16

Full Model Board at Balenciaga
11005021_1378829702416048_1441509986_n.jpg

Instagram/iDMagazine

Where is Bhumika Arora? Nothing after Balmain? Would have thought she would have been at Balenciaga since we was an exclusive for Wang.

^ I was expecting to see her! Lets just hope this continues next season.. :rolleyes:

Contrived or not, it still happened! I'm so giddy with excitment! :buzz:

Bravo to Wang & Anita for raising the bar in terms if diversity :clap: But come on, only 1 Asian model? :ninja:

sure, balenciaga was great, but sorry alex and anita, i'm not buying it for one second.

i smell a gimmick.

^Today is supposed to be Blackout Day on social media, so maybe it's that?

sure, balenciaga was great, but sorry alex and anita, i'm not buying it for one second.

i smell a gimmick.

I agree, we will see what happens next season at Wang/Balenciaga, but remember Lanvin a few years ago? When they had Jourdan, Melodie, Ajak, Ataui, etc close the show together. Was epic, but since then, Lanvin has usually only used 1 or 2 black models per show.

The problem with most of these designers/CDs is that I don't think they fully understand or care about the concept of a racially diverse casting, so the result is often gimmicky and contrived. With Balenciaga for example, last season they only casted one black girl, so this season was some kind of statment of "we totally care about diversity, look at how many black models we have!!!". Next season they'll probably go back to 1-2. So it's not really because they think those black models are just as good as the caucasian ones, it's to show people that they think they are. And in the meantime, they forget about asians, etc. It's really... frustrating.

^I agree with you on that, and it was really annoying how they dropped Fei Fei among others.. But they must probably like Aamito since she not only walked but actually opened the show? At least I hope so, she is perfect for the brand.
How many of the MOC who walked Balenciaga walked Alexander Wang? The casting has certain similarities usually:lol:

Surprise, surprise, surprise! There were no supermodels in his cast today. They, of course would've overshadowed the many black models and his attempt at diversity (or whatever he was trying to convey). Yes, you go Wang! :clap: :smile: *sarcasm*

And Wang and diversity in one sentence? Come on now.

i'm not buying it for one second.

i smell a gimmick.

Co-signed.

So far Balmain has had the BEST cast! Wonder if it will have the best cast of the season. Only Chanel or LV maybe could outdo it?

^ i certainly give olivier at balmain props for not only showing loyalty and devotion to his vision for his "balmain army" but for also not buying into only hiring bland new girls for his shows (and disposing them a season or two later). however, i can't help but think his castings are always overshadowed by how so damn ugly his clothes are. :lol:

Olivier should stick to casting really. Cos he's so good at it.

And I agree with the general consensus that the Wang casting felt contrived, even though I enjoyed it.

Irina Liss has been closing a lot of good shows lately. She's looking fantastic.

Elie Saab was dreamy. His show is what the old Valentino show was; the one with the most beautiful girls, with the glamorous make up and red carpet gowns.

Apart from Karlie, Anja, Lily and some new girls who are at every show his show was filled with unknown fillers.

When I started looking at Balenciaga I was overcome with excitement not only to see Aamito open but also that she was followed by wonderful 2 colored girls. My excitement fizzled as I went on and notice the non-white girls were grouped into small pockets. I still applaud them for using the girls they did but I wish it was from an authentic effort to bolster diversity on the runway not the gimmick it kind of came off as. We will see what next season's cast looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->