Model Casting F/W 15.16

I guess what surprises me the most is the absence of Kendell, unless I missed her. Overall the cast was substandard, but it was nice to see Maria at Givenchy again.

No, I saw Ajak Deng and Maria Borges on the livestream.

Oh I see Lineisy too. Well, not as offensive as last season I guess.

And lol, no Kendall? I guess her shock value is dying off, so much for Riccardo's #gang #family

Oh and where the hell is Imaan? I was hoping she would at least show up there

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I see Lineisy too. Well, not as offensive as last season I guess.

And lol, no Kendall? I guess her shock value is dying off, so much for Riccardo's #gang #family

Oh and where the hell is Imaan? I was hoping she would at least show up there

I wouldn't mind if Kendal was there. At least it would show some loyalty. How many models who were part of the Tisci Tribe have been tossed aside? Lakshmi, Saskia, Daliahna (sp), Daphne, Iris, and Riley.

^ Stef van der Laan, Daniela Braga, Veroniek Gielkens, Montana Cox...

^ Stef van der Laan, Daniela Braga, Veroniek Gielkens, Montana Cox...
I'd agree with those to a lesser extent. Save for Riley all of the others I mentioned were in multiple campaigns/opened shows/were in Tisci editorials etc. Now you don't see them anymore. I don't understand how Riccardo can be loyal to Julia Nobis but not Iris,Lakshmi,Saskia who all would have fit the show. They also fit the Givenchy brand better than Julia.

Kelsey Van Mook, Antonella Graef, Yuliana Dementyeva, Alyona Subbotina, Alexanda Martynova, Agnes Palupa, Sarah Brannon and the other awful models from last season are just some fillers who he used one or two times and then they never made it big and he just axed them from his shows.

Riccardo, always eager to create a new star but almost never succeeding.

And yes, Where is Imaan? Her career is so confusing.

I wish Maria would have closed Givenchy; someone explain to me how Julia Nobis has virtually outlived every model of her generation (minus one or two)? I mean she's certainly grown into her look but that doesn't excuse her complete lack of presence in every facet of the modelling game.

It's her personality. Without it she wouldn't have lasted more than 2 seasons.

^ From watching a few interviews, she seems really laid-back and quite goofy. I like her.

Happy to see Lineisy pop up!

I'm pretty surprised Kendall didn't show up too.. I was thinking maybe she just didn't suit the vibe of the collection but it's quite a random cast anyway.

what is her personality like?

She's extremely close to Hanne Gaby, Kasia e.g. the fun to be around, non-arrogant, easy to work with girls who like to just have fun and are known to be friendly and nice. That's what has kept Hanne going strong 10 years and why Julia is still so strong when other girls who were doing so well at the same time as her like Tilda have dropped off.

i love how julia isn't into the whole social networking as well. she exudes this self-confidence that doesn't come across as egotistical, or diva-ish, and i think designers take notice.

she's definitely the type of "blank canvas" model i welcome!

Julia Nobis clearly seems super friendly, down to earth, hard working (she is also completing a university degree) and clearly a Meisel muse, which are all things that benefit a models career and longevity.

Furthermore, people also need to realise that that she opened the first shows for Raf at Dior, Hedi at Saint Laurent, and opened and closed the first show for J.W. Anderson at Loewe and Guillaume Henry for Nina Ricci..... Clearly there is something about her that is very much in touch with the fashion zeitgeist.

The fact that people still think she has to prove herself after 5 years of constant work and campaigns for Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Celine, Diesel Black Gold, Dior, Givenchy, Hugo Boss, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Paul Smith, Prada, Proenza Schouler, Sacai, Saint Laurent and Zara is utterly ridiculous.........

Clearly there is something about her that is very much in touch with the fashion zeitgeist.
Most of us would love to know what that is. I honestly don't get it.
The fact that people still think she has to prove herself after 5 years of constant work and campaigns for... is utterly ridiculous.........
She looks exactly the same regardless of how they style her in those campaigns. She has the same bored vacant expression in most shots. The bottega Veneta fragrance shot is a great example. I will never understand how she books so many campaigns while others don't.

I for one like Julia. She always looks elegant and expensive, which is something most models in this generation should try to acquire. Even her walk has vastly improved.

It's really hard to judge a girl unless you've met her in person. Julia along with Tilda Lindstam, Waleska and Ashleigh for me photograph flat but are quiet beautiful and striking in person. Add that to the fact that they have personality and presence, those are things you are born with.

A girl with a certain je ne sais quoi will outlast everyone, even those who appear physically prettier.

Julia Nobis clearly seems super friendly, down to earth, hard working (she is also completing a university degree) and clearly a Meisel muse, which are all things that benefit a models career and longevity.

She's actually in med school now. :smile: She's working for her education.

The fact that people still think she has to prove herself after 5 years of constant work and campaigns for Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Celine, Diesel Black Gold, Dior, Givenchy, Hugo Boss, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Paul Smith, Prada, Proenza Schouler, Sacai, Saint Laurent and Zara is utterly ridiculous.........

Well, clearly you're a fan of her and are as biased as we are, to me her success is a miracle. In my opinion out of that list of brands, she only fits Balenciaga, Proenza and Diesel.

She probably got the other jobs just because designers/photographers/stylists like her as a friend. Cause honestly, she ain't pretty, she has no charisma or modeling skills whatsoever.

Frankly though, if I were a model I would become friends with her because i'm almost a 100% sure that having her as a friend would make a stressful Fashion Week that much more fun and easy.

Lineisy just closed Stella McCartney :woot:!!! so powerful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->