Pirelli Calendar 2012 by Mario Sorrenti [No images from the calendar allowed]

I don't necessarily believe that the Pirelli Calendar had to be simple all the time. I just think that Sorrenti's style of photography suited this type of subtle sensuality. If Mert & Marcus were to shoot next year, I would want/expect something that is much more sexy & in your face. I like that the calendar is different every year, because although Sorrenti did a great job, I want them to turn the volume up for 2013.

For me this calendar look ok not Amazing good cast but the photos a little boring

I just think that Sorrenti's style of photography suited this type of subtle sensuality. If Mert & Marcus were to shoot next year, I would want/expect something that is much more sexy & in your face.
Very true.

omg, we're shaving it all off these days? i am so behind on the times. . . is this playboy or pirelli?

I really like the calendar images. Much, much, much better than last year.

It's not terribly exciting or spectacular but competently crafted. Subtle sensuality nails it.

Another version with new scenes (uncensored)

youtube ActualitesfrOfficiel

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so beautiful this year! They should do a special one that they give out to their best clients (I know its usually leather bound) and then do one thats available for sale to the public. Because this is so beautiful and it would make models who aren't VS more well known outside of the fashion world.

I'm sad to admit I'm a little disappointed in this. Every shot is obviously beautiful, but there aren't really any memorable images like in previous years. Behind-the-scenes photos looked more exciting and interesting.

I have posted on pinterest some inside pictures as well as the lay out/case format which is extremely unusual and tricky to handle to say the least. they should come up in a couple of days.
I have my favourites, but would have loved some bright in colour shots as the format is so big (58X58CM) They would have really stood out on my walls.

It is now much cheaper to get on a certain auction site, that it was last year. Worth the under £50 they go for now. Certainly a great framing format, each image can be taken out of the heavy case and be put into frames. it isn't a ringbinder at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->