Prada S/S 10 Milan

this is amazing! prada always does the most interesting work with beach references! i love this and the lin(d)say's will get soooo much attention! one opening and the other being the new jourdan replacement! this is soooo beautiful and i can see this on every girl/ boy!

after seeing the entire collection, im liken it. i still prefer the last few seasons to this. why i dont like it: expected prada this too miu miu, the hair ugly, the print.. maybe i just hate most prints in general but the greyish one didn't bother me but the purple and addition of other colors became too random. i love the solid pieces, esp. in the beginning and in the middle of the show where the little cape thing on the backs also reminded me of original balenciaga. hate the shoes.. the chandelier thing again seems random.. will have to think about that.

oh! there aren't many seasons of prada where i think the mens line is better but this one season's certainly the case. she does do both lines right? some seasons they relate some are off..

1253159278030_21340.jpg

2uszddk.jpg

tom.com

zhou xun in Prada ?? one month ago?

It really does look more like a miu miu collection in many ways.. especially the lack of clothing on the bottom half. :P
what i find amazing about prada collections is that so much can change from one season to the next. it's confusing and sort of incredible at the same time.. it's almost like looking at a completely new designer every time, as though nothing in this world is 'ugly' to Miuccia.. there is no look, no fabric, no proportion that she won't try!

i can't say i love or even really like this.. compared to last spring, for example.. that was a 'wow' collection for me..:heart: i can't relate to this one at all - the beachy prints, the rich, stiff fabrics.. the plastic shoes and tacky sunglasses. What makes me want to be patient with it and try to find meaning in it is the fact that Miuccia always seems so sincere and diligent in her motivations.. it gives me the impression that everything is deliberate, every piece that I think is 'ugly' is there on purpose and supposed to be saying something, and so i want to try to understand it....(though i don't, not at the moment anyway. :lol:)
i feel exactly the same, and also agree with MulletProof about Miuccia's appeal being in "the mysterious/ugly/unwanted mixed with a bit of wit and charm in order to give them life and turn them into some sort of object of desire."
thank you for saying it so well because i don't have much time at the moment and it would take me a while to elaborate my opinion in english in such a clear way. i'll have to take many looks at this collection, maybe it will grow on me, but i'm sure i won't love it as much as i loved S/S 2009, 2008 or 2007, for example.

Of course this would be the one Prada collection people aren't geeking over- for the first time EVER, I am fond of most of it.

some of it looks like what ck did before some is quite tacky.

after seeing the entire collection, i appreciate it more... still it feels more like a resort collection. it has a lot of potential (with the capes and crystals) but i feel a bit let down... it will probably grow on me after seeing it in print...

I don't know exactly how to feel yet. Maybe I feel confused because for the last three seasons, my initial reactions to seeing the Prada collection have been instantly positive. This time, I'm not so sure.

There are moments that I love here, and there are moments that puzzle me. And I guess that's the beauty of Prada.

But I would have to agree that the collection feels slightly more Miu Miu (in particular it reminds me of SS 08).

I like it but that may be because it closely resembles her past collections for Miu Miu. But this is how I would love to dress for the beach in my dreams...

Without the clear bags and shoes of course. No thank you :doh:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prada is up on style.it! i still need to look at it though... and I can't post it because I am so tired. Sorry! :doh:

EDIT: The collection was okay... I :heart: the beach prints and the shapes... but it looks very rough and unfinished... and the dresses with the crystals look weird... not quite sure what to think... :doh:

Makeup + hair = Love.

I quite like a lot of this! Despite the awful shoes...

Since I always preferred Miu Miu, I'm quite happy with this collection. It does seem directional, the aggression - textures, colors, studs, heaviness - is gone. Here's all transparency, lightness, collage-splicing - a bit of Rochas, a bit of Michael van der Ham. The shades and prints are light and neutral enough to wear, and the shapes and cut are really flattering. This collection will sell, though I wonder how one actually sits down wearing a chandelier dress, the nod to "art"/gimmick in this collection.

this collection seems like it was made for the sake of making a collection this season. the pieces are easy, wearable, commercial, easy to produce. the mood is very care-free, the models look like they are wearing weekend clothes and they are outside going to the museums, going shopping, going out to the nightclubs, going to some high end pool party at some high end boutique hotel. As Miuccia Prada describes, "when things are bad, you have to come out from that. Optimism", she says. But I think, it's more escapism

love the fabric!and the shoes look like the combination of calvin klein 09F/W^_^

The shoes are "see-through version"of calvin klein 09 FW

I don't know why..but for the first time I APPRECIATE Prada...B)

Am I crazy for liking the clear shoes all of a sudden? It took me almost a whole day to process them.

I like these ones in particular and the pointy ones.

00830m.jpg

These are nice as well.

00640m.jpg

style.com

I am conflicted over this. There is something about this collection that robs women of their femininity while giving it back with the surface gloss of really perfect prints...i just don't know what to think of the moment.

The only thing that intrigues me about this is the back volumes, and the crepe like textures pieces. The chandelier crystals, I find gimmicky the way they were used. It sure does look like a Miu Miu resort collection that I don't particularly care for.

the more i look at everything the more i absolutely love this collection, not just the pretty dresses at the end!

i think i like first part a lot.
those crepe - so that is crepe ? - stuff are byond good.

i just wonder how those chandeliers-pacorabanne things will translate into shops.

there's a real 1960s vibe going on there.
the beach boy prints, the sky, the hair, the paco rabanne etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->