Prada S/S 10 Milan

W5NtX.jpg

ICCe8.jpg

hd6UF.jpg
oHB2Q.jpg

gettyimages

Last edited by a moderator:
I take back what I said about the shoes, I really like the pointed ones. The velcro is a nice touch as well.

This looks pretty interesting. I love the color palette, diaper-ish and boxy silhouettes, chandelier shoes and plastic bags. But I would love it even more if it was Miu Miu because Prada means a strong warrior-woman to me and this looks more like a let's-go-and-have-fun crazy Miu Miu girl.

Aaaa, LOVE IT! :buzz: Yet again it's just what I wanted to see! :wub: I was very curious what styling would they present this season and I adore it. Oh, Miuccia! :heart:

MILAN — With wall projections switching from a sparkling chandelier to a sun-drenched beach, Prada’s collection illuminated the Milan summer 2010 season on Thursday.

Chunks of crystal dripping from shoes or worn as a chain mail over brief shorts competed with prints of life as a beach — an unexpected combination typical to the modern but mysterious vision of its founder/designer.

“Beach and antiquity — high and low — it is all the same,” said Miuccia Prada backstage. “It is supposed to be an ironic take — sometimes nostalgic, for a contemporary take on antiquity for those who don’t understand the beauty of the past.”

But this was Prada’s weird, edgy take on beauty: child women with Bambi limbs, scarlet lips and parts down the back of their messy hair. They came out first in steel-gray silk shorts cut high, the jackets wide, often with a raw edge and a float of fabric at the rear. Transparent plastic bags, perhaps with crystal snaps, competed with the chandelier shoes.

The clothes were as light as the winter collection had been thick and heavy. But there was the same sense of dangerous sexuality, as a model came out in a romper suit under a cape top. The beach theme was an excuse not so much for the palm tree and sunbathing prints as for a sportiness that ran through the collection. Shake off the sparkles — like the open-work crystal dresses that closed the show — and you just had a top and a pair of curvy shorts.

This was one of Ms. Prada’s more oblique collections, for the mismatch of historical glamour and clothes that seemed both ordinary and unfinished were a puzzle. It looked like the designer, who has been showing grown-up clothes of late, wanted to capture an elusive moment of youth.
nytimes

theres nothing much i hate more about footwear than transparent plastic :sick:

but except for this i love what i see so far and cant wait for more! the crystal details are lovely!

Just flipped through all the pics on catwalking and I was left completely unimpressed. All of the helms looked unfinished. Was this the look they were going for? There were some really nice pieces, but overall, BLAH! Here are the ones I liked!

p03.jpg
p08.jpg

p12.jpg
p13.jpg

p14.jpg
p15.jpg

catwalking

I love the materials used but not sure about the actual looks I need to see it all.

What is up with the recent Miu Miu & Prada flips? Resort Prada looked like Miu Miu even FW09 looked Miu Miu esque and now this pretty much looks like the scuba Miu Miu collection sequel.

On another note, what is with Prada these days....
How is it the diffusion line is so much better than the main line?

Jees, this could pass for Miu Miu. The shoes are :yuk:, I think there are only 2 bags I like, most of the pieces are :blink:.

OT: What is going on with the hair and make-up? Nearly as bad as last season.:ermm:

superb collection , i can see the red carpet being graced with some of these beauties. perhaps modified bersions of the sequinned tops, (maybe turned into dresses?)

I am interested in the shoes, as always with Prada.

The rest - judging by the pictures so far - is very young. And most of the things are unwearable for the usual Prada customer and for most women. The shorts are super short, bellies sticking out, crystal net dresses - no.
The printed pieces however, especially the orange sundown-beach-print coat and the grey floral coat on Freja are beautiful.
I'm waiting for the whole collection to arrive. I'm curious to see whther all this elements can form a coherent collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->