Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they are gonna restock most of the collection, but that's just what I heard...

I like that tulipskirt a lot! I'll try it on if I see it tomorrow :wink:

@prettyblueeyes
so we both gonna go to h&m tomorrow to check if they have restocked the collection and get our tulipskirts hehe

i went to the h&m in my city. there was pretty much no one at the stella section. they had surprisingly lot left. only thing that had been wiped out in 2 hours were the jeans..they had one blue pair left in size 34 which i tried to squeeze myself in but i couldnt even get them up...my bf who is super skinny tried them on and barely zipped them... and could not move his legs at all..soo.. yeah--- the color was not that great on the jeans anyway...kinda cheap looking. they had two dresses green and black, both colors of the trench coat type thing, the weird overall in black and blue, some tops and the man shirt... the denim jacket, belts etc etc... i ended up getting a white long top with a lady + lizard and pather on it and it had a little chain on it as well... its pretty nice, only 39 e. they had that one in pink too.,.

i really dont know what all the hype is about after seeing the stuff.. most of it was not even that great... i like my top though...

Luxx said:
So what is the word on the restock. Is everything going to restocked or is just the tshirts and other cheaper things?

in my nearest store (one of the largest cities in finland) they said they wont restock... there wont be any deliverys so what you see is what they have... sux

I just spoke to a friend who works for H&M in London, she said their warehouses are empty of the collection!
HOWEVER there is a chance of more deliveries in London if the collection does not do well in other countries...and from what some people from Finland and Austria are posting sounds like all that stock is just sitting there waiting for a transfer!

No, the Turku store (Finland) got wiped out. Pink trenches, some of those tulip dresses in mint green and a few tuxedo jackets left, that's all.
I decided to keep my wool dress coat after all. It' quite nice for the price and after going to other stores to look for an alternative, I liked it even better. Ialso really like the tuxedo blazer.

msminicooper said:
I just spoke to a friend who works for H&M in London, she said their warehouses are empty of the collection!
HOWEVER there is a chance of more deliveries in London if the collection does not do well in other countries...and from what some people from Finland and Austria are posting sounds like all that stock is just sitting there waiting for a transfer!

they will keep it until they have sold most of the stuff...that happened last year...this thing is still so new (considering they came last week)....

it's so funny how the hype differs from country to country... here in austria hardly anything is sold out and in other countries people fight for having the collection ;-)

true. i'm still waiting for a statement on whether or not the collection was successful overall.

^wow, i really can't believe the collection did sell so poorly in Austria, people there would surely wear it, right?

Arent you guys tired of all this fuzz about Stella Mc Cartney? I went to Milan to get something (as everyone else) but I was just disappointed..like "Is this it?"...

just wanted to make sure everyone saw this, sorry if its a double post

November 11, 2005

Sale at H&M Stirs Frenzy, but Analysts Are Unmoved

By ERIC WILSON
H&M, the Stockholm-based retailer that has brought its formula of quick and cheap fashion knockoffs to the United States, showed for a second time that customers will bang down the doors at the whiff of a designer bargain. They did so a year ago for inexpensive clothes by Karl Lagerfeld. And they did so again yesterday for the introduction of a collection by Stella McCartney - nearly 200 women were lined up at an H&M branch on West 34th Street in Manhattan at 10 a.m.
Dressed in skinny jeans, long knit scarves and artfully wrapped sweater coats, some of the shoppers had been waiting for an hour, their noses pressed to the glass doors, to buy clothes that looked very much like the ones they were already wearing.
The difference, said Lola Delon, 30, a singer from Brooklyn with skintight jeans tucked into her boots, was that H&M's latest shipment, also delivered to 400 of its approximately 1,000 stores worldwide, has a designer label.
"We're here for the chance to buy Stella McCartney at a cheap rate," said Ms. Delon, who, like many followers of fashion, considers it an occasion of monumental importance when Ms. McCartney's one-time offering of comparatively cheap knockoffs - silk blouses and deep V-neck sweaters for $59.90 each - come within financial reach.
At another H&M location one block away at Herald Square, hundreds of women picked the racks clean in less than three minutes after the doors opened. Only one teal bikini remained unwanted.
As similar scenes unfolded at stores in Europe, H&M executives could reasonably boast that they had matched the success of the Lagerfeld promotion, which was credited for a spike in the company's fourth-quarter sales last year. Stores in London, where Ms. McCartney is based, were mobbed, and at the H&M on Fifth Avenue near Rockefeller Center, the line of customers stretched halfway to Sixth Avenue.
But such breathless H&M promotions did little to impress financial analysts, who viewed the event as a manufactured and isolated frenzy.
Yesterday, Citigroup issued a report that cast doubt on whether the Stella McCartney collection would affect H&M's annual sales of $7.7 billion. The company's overall sales have been increasing with new store openings - the chain is now in 20 countries - but declining in the last two years at stores open at least a year.
In the last year, H&M, which is the largest specialty retailer in Europe, posted a small profit on its American business, but the company has also reported concerns that the revival of some textile-trade quotas could affect its gross profit because more than half its production is based in Asia. Citigroup expects H&M's earnings growth to remain at 15 percent for the next few years, about half of its average from 2000 to 2005.
The sudden crowds and swooning shoppers underscore the business potential of the H&M formula of incorporating limited-edition designs with a fast turnaround, which is influencing stores as diverse as J. Crew and Kohl's. Retailers of "fast fashion" like H&M and Zara currently account for about 1 percent of United States retail sales, but they are growing faster than the overall market.
Lisa Sandberg, a communications director for H&M, said that the 10 stores currently carrying the McCartney line in the United States are expected to sell out within days.
"They're like piranhas," said Marta Celinska, a 28-year-old graphic designer for Calvin Klein, who approached the Herald Square store with a strategy. Ms. Celinska showed up with three friends, each brandishing an Excel spreadsheet that listed their favorite pieces.
Yet Ms. Celinska managed to grasp only a knit scarf and a silk shirtdress with disco balls dangling from a drawstring, as more aggressive customers made off with armloads of dresses in multiple sizes. "I'm very disappointed," she said. "I didn't even get a trench coat."

i'm glad that the stock has been downgraded. i hope this serves as a lesson to the h&m execs that they cant piss off potential customers (and investors) by spending 2 million promoting a line that isnt even available for more than a few minutes.

The collection was sold online in Scandinavia last night at midnight. I was waiting for it to happen, and I got to order everything I wanted (and more:blush:) when I finally got through the busy servers. But after 1 hour, everything except a few pieces in XS was sold out!!

Must be many tired women at work in Scandinavia this monday:lol:

I went to look for my pink tulip skirt today (didn't find one *cry*)

and guess what, in two stores I WAS THE ONLY ONE LOOKING AT THE COLLECTION!! there were masses of this beige oversized shirts with the prints on it (the same one i posted in blue) -at least 30 of them and nobody noticed

btw. a shop assistant told me that they do have the whole collection in the h&m-store at the graben in vienna!! for all our austrians -rennts alle dorthin wenn ihr noch was brauchts! *g*

furthermore i was told that they won't restock, the biggest h&m in vienna (mariahilferstrasse)

wow, i thought there are more women interested in fashion in austria....

its from the ny times. they had a picture of the mob as well.

if you go on the craigslist ny, there are over 50 people trying to sell loads of stella items.

he he he -- that's my friend and coworker, marta, that was quoted at the end! i was one of her crazy friends brandising an excel spreadsheet (although i wasn't the one who created the spreadsheet). and in the end, it was of little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donna tartan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->