The Model Agency Mega Thread

is it "normal" to submit your pictures to agencies that are not based in your country? (i'm from stockholm and, let's say, i want to try at berlin or london agencies).
If you submit your pictures to agencies in Berlin and London, and they contact you and are interested, what do you plan to do? I know of cases where someone who is planning a trip to that city will submit pictures ahead of time in hopes of them being able to meet with the agency when s/he visits that city.

Just curious, have you tried to get signed by an agency in Stockholm, I think they have a couple of mother agencies of models who are doing well? I see that you list Poland as one of your locations, the same question applies as well, depending on the city.

is it "normal" to submit your pictures to agencies that are not based in your country? (i'm from stockholm and, let's say, i want to try at berlin or london agencies).

My point of view. If you are still a kid - better start with support in local good agency. Like almost every model, on example Frida Gustavsson. Started from Stockholmsgruppen they send her to Donna in Japan (for photos), then when she back with good photos she landed in IMG London.

Scouts from major agencies (from New York, Paris etc.) travelling to these local agencies for castings... If you are one of these OMG at first look girls you will be signed.

Girls from Poland almost always wants to be in some abroad agency. You don't need it, you have it "at home".

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, I have Poland as my location but I don't live there anymore, Stockholm is my hood now, haha.

I tried at Stockholm agencies but only Elite Models was interested so far (I tried at Nisch about a year ago but it didn't quite go well) and I'm going for a casting next week there. I don't know if it's going to work out though so I sent my pictures to agencies abroad as well, just in case and well, Scoop's agent said they're very interested and asked me to send more pictures over and then we'll see. So basically if it doesn't work out with any agencies here, I wonder how it'd be with agencies abroad. I guess I'll just wait until next week but if they don't want me at Elite I might just give up, haha - I'm eighteen already sooo.

And thanks for the answers!

^being 18 is perfectly fine, especially taking into account the current trend of models.

I didnt know of an Elite office in Stockholm but if its indeed the "real" Elite than - in my opinion - you should definitely go for it.

Elite stockholm is great, beside to manage their locals, they also represent many top international girls for direct booking in Sweden.

Scoop's agent said they're very interested and asked me to send more pictures over and then we'll see. So basically if it doesn't work out with any agencies here, I wonder how it'd be with agencies abroad. I guess I'll just wait until next week but if they don't want me at Elite I might just give up, haha - I'm eighteen already sooo.

SCOOP from Copenhagen in Denmark? SCOOP and ELITE sounds like killer options for any girl. B)

18 is NOT the problem. DON'T GIVE UP, FIGHT TILL THE END!

I didnt know of an Elite office in Stockholm but if its indeed the "real" Elite than - in my opinion - you should definitely go for it.

For me it was also surprise but ELITE in Sweden is 100% REAL - http://elitemodel.se/contact/ I have on my blog very short video with some girl from that Swedish division.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Reuters
via TREVOFASHIONISTO in Maryna Linchuk's thread

NEW YORK, April 28 (Reuters) - Two agencies are staking a claim to high-fashion model Maryna Linchuk, and now the fight over her contract has gone to court.

DNA Model Management is suing Ford Models, one of its main competitors, for allegedly luring Linchuk away and damaging DNA's reputation.

DNA accuses Ford of tortuous interference with contract and unfair competition. It seeks at least $2 million in damages, according to the complaint filed Wednesday in New York Supreme Court. The lawsuit also accuses the model of breaching her contract with DNA.

Linchuk, who has appeared on the covers of Portuguese and Italian Vogue, signed an exclusive management agreement in 2006, the complaint says. Since then it says DNA has advanced "significant sums of money to Linchuk and on her behalf."

"From February 2006 to the present, DNA has invested heavily in promoting, marketing and managing Linchuk's career and professional image, preparing her for and helping her choose modeling assignments, shoots, etc.," the lawsuit says. "As a direct result of DNA's efforts, Linchuk has become a successful and sought after model."

She signed on for another two years in 2008, but on April 15 of this year, she sent DNA an e-mail saying she was thinking of leaving. Immediately thereafter, DNA received an e-mail from a representative of Ford following up on the model's request that DNA pass any bookings or options to him.

"Ford through its representatives solicited and induced Linchuk to break her contract with DNA," the lawsuit says. "But for said actions, Linchuk would have not breached her contract with DNA."

The damage goes beyond the broken pact with Linchuk, according to DNA. "Ford continues to contact DNA's business clients and contacts, advising of Linchuk's alleged dissatisfaction with DNA, damaging DNA's business reputation within the modeling community," the lawsuit says.

The case is DNA Model Management v. Ford Models and Maryna Linchuk, New York Supreme Court, No. 651113/2011.

For DNA: Russell Shanks of Cyruli Shanks Hart & Zizmor.

For Ford: Not immediately available. (Reporting by Jennifer Golson; Editing by Howard Goller)

Great to see DNA taking legal measure, they always seemed to be one of the rather silent and serious agencies who prefered to stay out of this "theft" game unlike its main competitor.

What kind of interview? Their males look more promising than any of the girls listed (they look too young).

The guy said he wanted to meet me. I'm not sure exactly what that entails. :unsure:

^ Off the top of my head: Wilhelmina, Ford, Elite and Click.

Agee named the ones I was going to :smile:

Anyone have an opinion on BMG Models in NY? I was asked to meet with them as well.

+ Women Direct

Don't forget Next Direct and the new One.1 (they have some top catalog monopoly) and IMG can specialize in top notch/luxury commercial. I hear Silent is planning on opening a direct/more commercial division...

MC2 is considered less than top but offers same quality commercial as Click (think a monopoly on the top bread and butter jobs, catalog etc). You might even want to check out Major if you're thinking on the Click level.

And forget about the rest of those smaller agencies...they don't do nothin'!

Agee named the ones I was going to :smile:

Anyone have an opinion on BMG Models in NY? I was asked to meet with them as well.

BMG isn't really for someone who is thinking about modeling as a serious career (as the sole source of income). It's lower level commercial work (which doesn't generate much money...low to mid 5 figures if you're lucky...). A lot of their girls are trying to get into acting and they have that bridge so it's not for a girl whose goal is walking in fashion week shows that matter, catalogs with decent rates, real campaigns/advertisement, relevant editorials etc.

Don't forget Next Direct and the new One.1 (they have some top catalog monopoly) and IMG can specialize in top notch/luxury commercial. I hear Silent is planning on opening a direct/more commercial division...

MC2 is considered less than top but offers same quality commercial as Click (think a monopoly on the top bread and butter jobs, catalog etc). You might even want to check out Major if you're thinking on the Click level.

And forget about the rest of those smaller agencies...they don't do nothin'!

Thank you! :smile:

So Colby in NY offered to sign me. However, IMG expressed interest in me, but told me to come back when I lost weight.

So the question I have is, sign with Colby or wait for IMG, or bigger agency? An old booker who's worked with IMG, Ford, and Elite told me he thinks I can get with IMG if I lose 5-8 pounds.

tayloryepp, actually, there are 2 questions you might want to answer 1st: are you in a hurry and is it a problem for you to loose weight. If the answer is 'no' to both, then 1st you loose weight as you were advised and only after that you try the agencies one more time. When some big and without any doubt professional agency as IMG tells you that you'd better loose weight, it's not to make you feel miserable usually but more about a fact that in this particular market you may work better after getting more slim, that's all.

Btw, what is Colby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->