The Model Agency Mega Thread

@sleb, I'm 17 (sorry if I broke a rule!), so I guess age is kinda an issue..I'm not exactly certain. It's not like I'm 21 looking to get signed, but I'm not 14-16 either.

Not really. I have lost about 3 pounds already. I'm not going to say my weight as I don't want to get flagged, but basically it needs to be below 120 and I'm only a few pounds away from that.

I turned down Colby. I think I can get signed with someone bigger. I can't post my testing pictures on here, but I was told by the older booker from IMG that my new testing pictures are really good and if I lost the weight, he think someone in the top 10 would pick me up.

And yes, that's Colby's site :smile:

Well, 17 yrs is not an issue, come on :smile: You won't work in NY if you're 14-16, nobody really need these youngsters anymore, forget it. So even at 17 your age may be a problem of you being too young for some major clients.

Loosing weight is not sometimes about your weight in fact however strange that sounds, sometimes it's about your cheeks and the whole face structure.

And, btw, I won't recommend you to listen seriously to the guys saying that 'you're too good for this or that agency, some other better agency will certainly sign you'. In 99% cases it's just crap. You should think for yourself by yourself. Anyway, in this particular case, the point is that you'd better get into your best shape before starting seeing people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, 17 yrs is not an issue, come on :smile: You won't work in NY if you're 14-16, nobody really need these youngsters anymore, forget it. So even at 17 your age may be a problem of you being too young for some major clients.

Loosing weight is not sometimes about your weight in fact however strange that sounds, sometimes it's about your cheeks and the whole face structure.

And, btw, I won't recommend you to listen seriously to the guys saying that 'you're too good for this or that agency, some other better agency will certainly sign you'. In 99% cases it's just crap. You should think for yourself by yourself. Anyway, in this particular case, the point is that you'd better get into your best shape before starting seeing people.

17 is a great age because I am 100% sure that she's gonna be put in the development board of any agency. So she's definitely not too young and definitely not too young for major clients.

Weight issue is a touchy subject here but in general, all the models I know are on somewhat of a clean diet (PM for more details) and workout (tone). It's important to have a very long and lean body with some muscle tone (not bulky muscles) opposed to having a lot of flab. Considering you haven't been modeling for very long, that could be what they're talking about...and by doing those things for you body, you will notice changes in your face--less bloat etc.

Colby Models has a reputation of being **** in NYC. It's pretty much a joke and the bookers are a joke. I already live in NYC and know the ins and outs. You should always sign with the best agency you can get. Please do not settle for those small agencies that no one has ever heard of and doesn't have a reputation on MDC. Those agencies are unknown for a reason and those are also the ones that are the most shady (with money, how they handle their models etc). It's so easy to start an agency and that's why there are so many of these little shops popping around the corner making offers to girls who have never been to NYC. Don't fall for it.

I wonder what's the difference between "Women", "Verve" and "Sneak Preview" at Select London? :smile:

Can somebody explain that to me?

Women is the cash cow / star division (established, developed models), Verve is the common development roster with girls who have already worked a bit and Sneak Preview includes freshly discovered gems who have nothing than a batch of polaroids or simple test shot to their books.

It's pretty much the same like Storm Models' 'Women - New Faces - The Future" segmentation...

Here I am again! (with my 1000th post)

What about Bookings London? Is it good? :smile:

What about d'management Group Milan?
http://www.dmanagementgroup.com/html/index2.asp

I mean..there are a LOT of BIG names: Kate, Naomi etc, it girls like Liu Wen..but how this agency is powerful to get jobs for their models?

Kate is with IMG in New York for ex..when you're with a monster like IMG in NY and you don't walk anymore in Milan what could be the role of d' management?
For models like Elisa Sednaoui, Kate Moss, Eva Riccobono, Chanel Iman, Behati Prinsoloo etc ?

Thanks in advance!

^Well it makes sense for direct booking although I doubt that supermodel-relevant-bookings run through a Milan based agency so it's probably prestige relevated

Good question. I always think that agencies with a large number of "celebrities" are the best agencies. But... That isn't necessarily true?

What about d'management Group Milan?
http://www.dmanagementgroup.com/html/index2.asp

I mean..there are a LOT of BIG names: Kate, Naomi etc, it girls like Liu Wen..but how this agency is powerful to get jobs for their models?

Kate is with IMG in New York for ex..when you're with a monster like IMG in NY and you don't walk anymore in Milan what could be the role of d' management?
For models like Elisa Sednaoui, Kate Moss, Eva Riccobono, Chanel Iman, Behati Prinsoloo etc ?

Thanks in advance!

Like Cologne Rocks pointed, Milan is truly just an important place for the show seasons, and even for that, the top shows are pre casted well before in Paris too anyway.
Beside that, there is really not a lot of important booking done in Milan, even the most important italian magazines edito are rarely booked from Milan agencies offices.
So for the top girls, the agency is Milan is really not a choice as important as can be in Paris or NY.
Overall, about "quality" of work, u can consider that a top milan agency provide the same work as a medium level agency in Paris, nothing better.

Dutch agencies often send their girls to Milan... So that's kinda unnecessary?

I think Milan is the place to start out for girls who were not "worth" enough to be located to Paris. I may be wrong, but apparently the truly promising girls are directly flight in to Paris while girls who have been taken by agency networks for stragecy-related reasons with motheragents or who knows why go to Milan and end up doing two bland test shootings and Jil Sander showroom.

Dutch agencies often send their girls to Milan.

it is because in any mother agency, if 10% of the girls are good for Milan, maybe just 2% are good for Paris or NY.
Milan It's just a more easy market to be placed in for an "average" new face.

Thanks to everyone for the answers! I'm even a bit confused btw..ok it's clear NY is the center of the industry for every model..but I hate this NY thing! Sorry..everything that comes from that city is gold?! Every year the same persons say the same things..in NY there're the coolest models, photographers, stylists, magazines bla bla bla! I love that city, but why the industry can't be more free from these stereotypes?
And why a Vogue Italia edit couldn't be shooted in Italy or in Europe (thanks to a Milan agency for ex)?
Why a Paris agency is more "in" than a Milan agency and: "Milan is truly just an important place for the show seasons"..ok, right for new models like Liu Wen or JuJu Ivanyuk (talking about d'management), BUT..Kate Moss, Eva Riccobono, Lily Cole, Lisa Cant, Naomi, Eva Herzigova, Claudia Schiffer etc are all girls far from the catwalks now..they did their money..so what d'management does in Milan for them (considering they're with big agency in NY & Paris)?
And every big Italian campaign (Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Ferragamo...) is booked by a NY or Paris agency?!?

THANKS!!!!

Modelwerk has a lot of big money clients and is a great direct booking agency. One of the top agencies in Germany for sure.

Love this kind of answers.

I think Milan is the place to start out for girls who were not "worth" enough to be located to Paris. I may be wrong, but apparently the truly promising girls are directly flight in to Paris while girls who have been taken by agency networks for stragecy-related reasons with motheragents or who knows why go to Milan and end up doing two bland test shootings and Jil Sander showroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"