US Vogue September 2012 : Lady Gaga by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

^^ Me too. The hair ruined really everything.

This cover is such a surprise! I wasn't expecting this at all! Love it! Can't wait for more!

It looks fake? Anyone else?

SO we have US Harpers AND Vogue doing a wonderful "PINK" Thing?

Why did they not make the Banner a Pink hue instead of that jarring Pink/Red combo? If they had carried the colour of her dress through It would have seemed better IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it, it's surprisingly different from the one before. But I think the hat shoot would be a great cover too...and 916 pages. OMG, how much dose it weight ? And how many Ad would that be ?

Just scratch the banner in general. They couldn't even make a realistic looking banner. It looks like one of those clip art images from Microsoft PowerPoint. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
the flag or whatever that is is just weird... it looks like an amateur did it, i don't like it. what i like is the silhouette of the dress, however! and as much as i dislike gaga, it could have been much worse... hope the content is better

I don't like Lady Gaga at all, but I think this is a glorious cover except the red banner!
She looks stunning and beautiful (for a change)...Anna did take some risks and the result is great! :smile:

It's different, so props for that. I agree that she looks a bit drag, but that's Gaga.

The red flag ruins what would've been a good cover - not great. There's also lots of empty space within the text that makes one think the mag will fall flat content-wise. On the other hand I do love the shape of the dress and her hair.

I want to like this more than I do. Were they trying to channel the illustration effect from yesteryear(?), if so it is not quite there. The image is OK, normally I like crazy hair but the Heatmiser look is not working for me; also Gaga looks too wan, I would rather see her looking powerful or kitschy.

If I had to guess I think that the issue is that the tail is wagging the dog… it looks to me like TPTB figured they got Gaga for the cover and it will sell and garner attention, so their real intention became to either be different for the sake of being different, and perhaps they wanted to draw attention to the text for the portion of the market that are not drawn in by Gaga.

I am not against the banner being threaded through the letters in theory but I don’t get why it red and why it is going on here.

I really like the nude image of Gaga in the hat and wonder if that would have work as a cover.

Poor taste. It looks fun but is really silly too. I hope Grace and Mert & Marcus are having fun. They shouldn't be so serious doing this in 2012.

Horrible cover altogether but I can't wait to get my hands on it! Who knows it might even look better in person? Fingers crossed.

Like the concept, like the styling, don't like Lady Gaga.

Don't like hair, make-up and this ugly dress :sick:
Horrible cover ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->