Vanity Fair November 2008 : Amy Adams by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

I really liked the cover!
And i also liked the choice of the photographers... They do a great job! And Kate's VF cover on 2006 (which was also shot by them) was incredible!

Great cover, but wish it had been of someone more relevant, or that i had heard of!!!

Ummm EWWW. Amy Adams is what I consider the antithesis to the Mert and Marcus woman.

They're all about sexy, Kate Moss, Italian screen godesses, perfection.

Amy Adams? Yuck!! :ninja:

Ummm EWWW. Amy Adams is what I consider the antithesis to the Mert and Marcus woman.

They're all about sexy, Kate Moss, Italian screen godesses, perfection.

Amy Adams? Yuck!! :ninja:

igree

They should've done something more sexy or interesting, Amy is often photographed in this old Hollywood way.

Maybe it's the smaller size/quality but she really reminds me of old Nicole Kidman in these shots....

eta: Oops, others beat me to the punch!

I like the style of Amy Adams' ed. Thank you for the information Moonchild aand Moussesmaker for the cover's pic

she looks like laura bush in her 20s :cry:
whoever she is, i couldnt care less :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I certainly hope that Nicole Kidman is reading this thread because lets face it she hasn't looked like this in a good seven years :ninja: and I don't think there is a single person who wouldn't like to see her go back to looking that good. :innocent:

Sorry, I just remember when Nic was gorgeous and now she's too Botoxed and bleached for me.

Anywho, I think Amy is looking stellar. Great Rita Hayworth impersonation. Mert and Marcus are getting a lot of slack for this but I think it turned out especially well. Testino is still my favorite photographer for Vanity Fair but M&M's covers look great albeit too steeped in old Hollywood but as it was said up thread VF is a tad obsessed with the past. M&M's Kate Moss VF cover was another standout.

For the future I'd really love to see Vanity Fair move forward rather than backwards - how about a nice celebrity pictorial that isn't referencing an icon. Ugh. That's what I used to love about Testino for VF there was always a certain freshness.

I find her really annoying, this is the first time I've seen her outside of films and she looks corny to say the list.
Does she have anything 'interesting' coming up?. :unsure:

and MMA, I hear you.. really.. is there some magazine who stills feels like experimenting and being bold enough to introduce people to one or two new photographers?. all I see is Sorrenti, Inez, Mert, Inez and Sorrenti these days. somebody make it stop!.

the cover looks a bit "cheap" to me....at least the articles sound interesting to me though

The point is, you will hear of her and I am glad she is getting more exposure. She is a good actress and has made good choices.

I don't want to hear about her. She's just another actress they are trying to shove down our throats... and I couldn't care less about her. I'm interested in anything else in this issue but her.

That is the point of any entertainment rag-to force actors down your throats. And VF is not a fashion mag, so of course they are not going to put a model on the cover. They are gonna feature actors.

^Yeah I'm fully aware that VF isn't a fashion mag script girl... and I know what they are doing... I have every issue of VF since it was relaunched. I'm just not interested in Amy Adams... that's all.

I find her really annoying, this is the first time I've seen her outside of films and she looks corny to say the list.
Does she have anything 'interesting' coming up?. :unsure:

and MMA, I hear you.. really.. is there some magazine who stills feels like experimenting and being bold enough to introduce people to one or two new photographers?. all I see is Sorrenti, Inez, Mert, Inez and Sorrenti these days. somebody make it stop!.

She has "Doubt" set to debut during Oscar season co-starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep, based on a successful New York play by John Shanley. After that the Julia Child biopic.

With one beloved indie Oscar contender and a Disney BO hit and other good, critically-acclaimed roles in the past plus what's up ahead, an Adams VF cover isn't surprising. I think that Shia dude got it solely because of crummy "Transformers" (which was a Michael Bay so of course it's enough for a cover).

The articles are good as well-one is on how Jackie O brought the Mona Lisa to America and another one is on Kate Middleton and Prince William

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->