Vogue Paris November 2008 : Vanessa Paradis by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I think the adriana editorial is supposed to be over the top and obnoxious. I honestly can't see its placement in Paris Vogue for any reason other than just to show that fashion doesn't need to be taken seriously all the time.

thanks for all your scans Berlinrocks.

I really like the Penelope ed.

Berlinrocks, thank you so very much for all the scans!!!

Is there an 'En vogue' feature in this issue? Reason I'm asking is because I have a total girl crush on Claire Dhelens and just now took a closer look at her 'en vogue' from september.

Me too! Style Addict have a look a Berlin's scans a few pages back and you'll see
the En Vogue pages right after the Zoom edit. Not so great this time IMO.

Has the une fille un style section been mentioned yet? Just wondering who's featured this month.

It's someone named Claire Courtin. I don't know who that is, but I hope it's posted soon.

Me too! Style Addict have a look a Berlin's scans a few pages back and you'll see
the En Vogue pages right after the Zoom edit. Not so great this time IMO.

Oh thanks!! I totally skipped over that page. Mmmhhh, not that great. I am still in love with the September En vogue, this one is lacking for me.

i love this issue. the cover is so eye-catching.
i don't really see what's wrong with putting adriana in VP, just because she's commercial doesn't mean she can't do high fashion work too.

^ It's true! I mean Sasha, Stam & Daria always in the middle of commercial & high fashion, and they do exceptionally well and don't get hated on .. so guys give Adriana a chance! I'm personally neutral about her, but I can't see why she can't be given a chance to at least try to become a high fashion model. :huh::smile:

I think that people forget that Adriana was mildly successful in high fashion once upon a time. I mean, she was never on the level of someone like Daria but its not like she doesnt have any fashion cred.
She's already been in US Vogue, IT Vogue and UK Vogue and I think she has some Vogue covers too. Plus IIRC she has walked for almost every major designer and worked with every major photographer.

Still dont like her ed though. Or Cindy's.

love how french vogue uses older models jessica m and diana d, alongside fresher faces like anna s and aline w.... that's how it should be!!

after looking at the ed again, I actually like it a lot more

Does anyone else feel like VP is becoming a bit....predictable?

I mean, it's never bad, but it's becoming a bit formulaic to me. You have the Bourdin/Newton-esque story, the I&V pseudo-offhanded story, the dark, edgy vaguely s&m story....

I don't know, maybe my expectations are too high, but in the sense that I feel like I know what's going to be inside I don't see how this is so different from where US Vogue is. The photoshoots may be more edgy, but they're still becoming banal.

I hope Adriana's ed is supposed to be ironic.
Cindy s trying so hard. blah.
But I love Eva and Anna's editorial. wonderful. :woot:

I don't know, maybe my expectations are too high, but in the sense that I feel like I know what's going to be inside I don't see how this is so different from where US Vogue is. The photoshoots may be more edgy, but they're still becoming banal.

Yes, I think every magazine become formulaic in its own way, even ones like i-D follow a set formula in what they feature, how they present it, the attitude they take. People overlook this because i-D is full of unconventional people, so they automatically presume it's ever-changing - when it bores me more than a standard Vogue, because i-D full of people trying to be different in the same way as everyone else.

So I think it's inevitable that VP will carve a path... that becomes a rut they get stuck in. That said, what odds would someone have given for Adriana Lima appearing in an editorial in 2008?

I like what I'm seeing in French Vogue, but I know what you mean, it could easily become a caricature of itself.

Have Vanessa's inside pictures been posted yet? TFS isn't working for me properly and I've having trouble opening pages

^i think it hasn't been posted ....
but to be honest, i think i won't scan the Paradis double page (her lips). I will perhaps scan her portrait + article tomorrow. and scan as well the I&V tomorrow. I was very busy this week ....
if nobody has done it ...... :rolleyes:

I don't really get what the fuss is about Adriana. Just because she does Victoria's Secret she is not suitable for a publication like Vogue...?

Meisel has worked with her in the past for US Vogue, she did stuff for Bazaar...

Because that editorial was a waste...it didn't add anything to the issue. It looks more like a "filler" editorial than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->