Who will sweep up the spring/summer 2017 shows?

These girls we thought would slay, were disappointing:

Amanda Googe
Lorena Marasci
Paulina Frankowska
The Pavlova's
Greta
Dilone
Mayowa

They walked good shows but didn't sweep all the big shows like I expected.

Also, Camille Hurel is the most boring girl in ages my opinion. Really pretty but so bland.
Agree about everything. I think we have to wait for the rest of the cities tho, some things might change. I remember Yasmin did very very well in NY last season too, but then slowed down a bit in Europe (in terms of quantity of shows, not quality if I remember well).

And so true about Camille. She is as pretty as bland..

By the way, I'm so happy to see Vittoria in so many top shows and with two opening spots. She is amazing and that's the career she deserves.

Apparently there is a big drama about Lia's hair. Oh fashion.
When she cut it in june for the shoot by Steven Meisel and major stylist, Gucci went mad about the haircut and didn't casted her for men's show.
Earlier this week was supposed to do Victoria Beckham show (she had a fitting), but Joe McKenna didn't like it either and she got canceled. But Ashley Brokaw is still very much found of her and wanted to use her for Proenza Schouler and Rag & Bone, but guess what, they all liked the way she looked last season more.

What's wrong with them, it's not like she had a dramatic makeover.

So many girls flopped big time in NY, Londone Myers, Najiyah Imani, Caitie Green, Angelica Erthal, etc etc.

These girls we thought would slay, were disappointing:

Amanda Googe
Lorena Marasci
Paulina Frankowska
The Pavlova's
Greta
Dilone
Mayowa

They walked good shows but didn't sweep all the big shows like I expected.

Also, Camille Hurel is the most boring girl in ages my opinion. Really pretty but so bland.

Thanks God, thought I was the only one. Absolutely nothing against her, but why is she everywhere? One of the most boring girls I have ever seen.

And this mess because of Lia's hair... Really? As sixtdaily, it's not like she got a drastic makeover. I dont get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh and Ashley continues to be the most influential casting director right now, having most of her girls as top walkers: Adrienne, Yasmin, Selena, Lineisy, Roos, Julie Hoomans, Mica...

Poor Lia. It is amazing how fast they toss you aside.

Yes, also Adrienne and Selena Forrest.
Top catwalker in NY is Jay Wright (18 shows so far) but she did mostly little shows.

Most of the time, even if I dislike a model I can still understand why they appeal to others. I don't mean to rude but Jay is downright unattractive. She sticks out to me like a sore thumb at every show because I just cannot believe that someone put her on a catwalk.

Most of the time, even if I dislike a model I can still understand why they appeal to others. I don't mean to rude but Jay is downright unattractive. She sticks out to me like a sore thumb at every show because I just cannot believe that someone put her on a catwalk.

Yes she is one of the many girls I don't get... I don't see her doing well in Europe though. We'll see.

Faretta, Luna, and Estella, and Ellen Rosa are my favorite new faces. Grace Elizabeth, Anna Mila, Danielle Ellsworth, and Dilia Martins are gorgeous. I hope they do more shows.

Camille Hurel also i think she's boring... like a catwalk filler Julia Nobis....
Camille's like Vanessa Axente vibe, but Vanessa has that's supermodel vibe.

I understand Camille. The same way I understood Julia Nobis, Asheigh Goode, Waleska and Josephine Le Tutour. Boring, yes. But do they look models,also yes.

I also understand the sudden hype Taylor Hill is getting.

What I don't understand is Stella Maxwell.and her stank walk doing high profile show. She looks like a boy, an unatttrative one.

^

Stella Maxwell >>>>>>>> Taylor Hill, Julia Nobis, Waleska & Josephine.

I understand ones loathe of Julia Nobis but to categorize her as catwalk filer? :huh:

I understand ones loathe of Julia Nobis but to categorize her as catwalk filer? :huh:

I know..she has more campaigns every season than any 'catwalk filler' that has ever existed.

I think lilgruner was saying Camille is like a filler version of Julia, not that Julia is a filler..

I can understand Camille appeal, she is super gorgeous, a killer body, and is hard worker. Her castings must being really good, she is french, not boring just unknow. When people start to see her personality, maybe she grew in your eyes. Hope see her in Paris in everywhere :flower: she's funny and adorable <3 Bella Hadid is boring and is in everywhere _o_

NY and London are over and so far the ones sweeping up are Jay Wright, Lineisy, Selena, Odette, Yasmin, Roos...Milan's always the deal breaker, let's see who survives.

I think lilgruner was saying Camille is like a filler version of Julia, not that Julia is a filler..

Julia wishes she was as gorgeous as Camille.

Some girls will thrive in Europe, girls with a European appeal, like Jessie Bloemendaal or Odette for example. But commercial looking models like Mali Koopman will have a hard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->