Who will sweep up the spring/summer 2017 shows?

Models.com runway ranking isn't updated, is it?
Who is leading so far? I'm curious about it to see if and how things will change after Milan and finally after Paris.

Top newcomers so far? the only good ones i can honestly remember are Mariana Zaragoza and Elibeidy.

Ellen Rosa and Hoyeon Jung are my fave newcomers so far.

Sara Wallerstedt Is the new face of the season for me, and it's not even remotely close. Maybe Liany if she can start to pick up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellen Rosa is by far my favorite new face of the season. Such a unique exotic beauty. She looks like a young Tyra Banks. A star in the making. :wub:
I also love Hoyeon, too. Incredible looking girl.

Faretta and Luna Bijl are also doing great. So I think they are a good candidates for the Top Newcomers list. And this girl who closed Alexander Wang show, can't remember her full name, Jessie smth. I think I saw her everywhere.

Hoyeon is amazing. She really stood out at Fendi. Same with Laurijn.

Faretta and Luna Bijl are also doing great. So I think they are a good candidates for the Top Newcomers list. And this girl who closed Alexander Wang show, can't remember her full name, Jessie smth. I think I saw her everywhere.

I'm definitely not a fan of Jessie. Her and Zosia and Jess PW have the exact same boring look where I can't tell them apart and they look like a thousand girls you would see on the street.

faretta is my favourite, she looks like she has been doing it for years :D

Katie Moore is already flopping, kinda like I expected.

Who's walked the most so far? I'm guessing Camile or Selena.

Jess PW and McKenna are my favorite newbies.

^ Overall?

It's still Miss Jay Wright, it seems :lol:

^ Perhaps, but she's definitely lacking in quality.

Some of my favourite runway fillers, Julie Hoomans, Ine Neefs and Harleth Kuusik, are slowing down quite a lot.

Jay Wright might be leading but the star of the season is definitely Vittoria :heart:

^ Vittoria definitely is. :wink:

So in Milan, Jessie Bloemendaal walked the most shows with 16, then Marjan Jonkman and Sora Choi walked 13. Most of the girls leading in the two previous cities have 12 shows in their showlist.

Zhenya Migovych will be a Top Newcomer for sure. She walked a lot of good shows and I believe it's her first season.

^ Perhaps, but she's definitely lacking in quality.

Some of my favourite runway fillers, Julie Hoomans, Ine Neefs and Harleth Kuusik, are slowing down quite a lot.

Yes, I am sad to see Harleth slowing down so much, as well as Alexandra.

It seems to me that girls these days are over so fast that they do not have the opportunity to become icons like Natasha, Freja, Anja etc.

^ Yes I agree with you. Piergiorgio del Moro mentions it in his interview with Vogue:

Before there were like 20 or 30 models that were doing all the shows, and there were only three or four shows a day. Now each brand is trying to find its own identity with its own girls. There are so many new faces and new models, so it’s now about finding the right girls for the right brands. It’s becoming a massive job. Today, girls can do one or two shows exclusive, and it’s not 20 models anymore—you have 50 models per show.
(...)
The problem I have in this moment is that each brand wants their own girls, but we want to develop these models and have them grow which means they need to do many shows. That’s the discrepancy when you are trying to build a new model’s career today. Linda [Evangelista] was not Linda because she was born Linda. She had the experience of doing all sorts of shows and went in front of the camera. It’s a challenge to develop the careers of these models when each brand wants their own girls.
(...)
What I feel that we need to do now is develop the careers of models. If we keep changing them each season, they don’t develop and they don’t grow up. If we keep doing like this, in 10 years, who’s going to be the next icon? We need to be careful to support the girls who really care about this business and help them to grow and support them through shows, advertising, and editorials.

from "The Future of the Fashion Show: Casting Director Piergiorgio Del Moro" by Mark Holgate for vogue.com

You can read the full interview here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->