Who Will Sweep Up the Spring/Summer 2018 Shows?

TBH everyone is much more nicer to Kaia than they were to Kendall or the Hadid sisters. I remember going to Gigi's thread early in her career and most of the comments were negative. Vogue, WWD and GQ has already written articles calling Kaia a supermodel so they are definitely on her bandwagon. Kendall had to earn her stripes to get recognition from fashion crowd, and I mean up to now most people think she's more of a celebrity model.
Moral of the story: sometimes it's hard to ignore family connections when the model was heavily promoted by the media. I remember Kendall was yet a big name when she was at Marilyn and I had no problems seeing her with Kylie when they were on ANTM All-Stars cycle (I wasn't even paying attention to the whole Kardashian business lol). This has been made worse with the fact that social media followers, as I said earlier, is the key for success over raw talent which ultimately leads to all sorts of hostility.

That said, I think I have more problems with the media thinking that the three names you know are the only models "existing" which made other models who do better can't have the same recognition as those models. In short, my hate was more fueled by the media than the models themselves. I can see myself if the social media rule weren't as mandatory as they were and media weren't into the "overhype" game right now I would objectively be a fan of Kendall and Gigi, more to the latter since she has improved overtime, but Bella would be the most-touted favorite for me.

Also, apparently it's Bella Hadid who owned NYFW since she was on the Marc Jacobs show and Birgit wasn't. She has 8 top shows.

Nora Attal is slaying London. I hope it continues in Milan and Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waited for more of London showlists and didn't expect there were a lot more of them which is great so that I can get a clearer picture of the numbers!

London FW Top 10 (provisional)
1. Leah Rödl - 10 shows (O:1)
2. Charlee Fraser, Heejung Park - 9 shows (O:1)
4. Hiandra Martinez, Hyunji Shin, Kirin Dejonckheere, Marie Damian - 9 shows
8. Cara Taylor - 8 shows (C:2)
9. Grace Bol, Nora Attal - 8 shows (O:1)
=. Nova Orchid - 8 shows (C:1)

Others
Edie Campbell holds the record for the most total of show opens and closes (3 shows; O:2, C:1) as well as show opens. A couple of models had the most show closes as well (2 show closes) but I'll give this one to Cara Taylor because she's had 8 shows walked out of those models.

Milan is already here so let's hope for the best! After counting the Day 1 shows, Charlee is still #1 with 29 shows but McKenna's catching up. The Top Shows table still has Cara Taylor and Cong He (He Cong?) on top. Maybe I'll save the totals for the end of the season, what do you think?

Please update us. LOL

I think a lot of people are curious.

Cara Taylor is having a great Milan Fashion Week! And that kid is great.

What is wrong with me that I dont see a potencial in Lea Julian? Why she's killing it? Lea is just a typical girl from high school... that's all... And the 2nd question - what happend to Molly Bair? Where's she?

What is wrong with me that I dont see a potencial in Lea Julian? Why she's killing it? Lea is just a typical girl from high school... that's all... And the 2nd question - what happend to Molly Bair? Where's she?

Feel exactly the same about Lea.

I’m guessing Molly will be completely done with modeling within the next year. She’s said various things about how this is all temporary.

Note: None of the Day 6 shows of Milan have their cast lists released yet so we ended up having tallies from five days of Milan out of six.

Milan FW Top 10 (provisional)
1. Léa Julian - 13 shows
2. Lex Herl - 12 shows (O:1)
3. Mayowa Nicholas - 12 shows
4. Cara Taylor - 11 shows (O:1)
=. McKenna Hellam - 11 shows (C:1)
6. Alexandra Micu, Sora Choi - 11 shows
8. Luna Bijl - 10 shows (O:2)
9. Grace Elizabeth - 10 shows (C:1)
=. Hoyeon Jung - 10 shows (O:1)

Others
I recorded five models having a total of 3 show opens and closes including Binx, Elsa Hosk, and Gigi. Elsa and Gigi have the most show closes while Luna, Aleyna, and Kaia have the most show opens. I'd give the actual titles to Elsa and Luna respectively following the fact that they have the most shows walked. If only Gigi walked one more show and closed it she would've break Elsa's record or at least be a joint top closer if she didn't close that show in question. Nevertheless, it was a fun week in Milan...

Season Top 5 (after Jacquemus)
1. Charlee Fraser - 36 shows (O:2/C:2)
2. McKenna Hellam - 34 shows (C:3)
3. Léa Julian - 32 shows
4. Cara Taylor - 31 shows (O:3/C:4)
5. Cong He - 31 shows

Top Shows Top 5 (after D&G, based on MDC's Top Shows list)
1. Léa Julian - 19 shows
2. Cara Taylor - 18 shows (C:3)
3. Cong He - 18 shows
4. Kiki Willems - 15 shows (C:1)
5. Hiandra Martinez, Sora Choi - 15 shows

The two lists above shall become Top 10 by the end of the Paris FW. Should be noted that Bella Hadid and Birgit Kos are just below Hiandra and Sora in the Top Shows standings.

And yes, Cara Taylor is totally killing this season! Hopefully more people and the media can take notice of her! :heart:

Dang, we've finally made it to the last city of the season. I'd expect a tight race to the finish!

I wonder if Julia Merkelbach will be LV exclusive AGAIN? I'm a bit worried about her management, she will be forgotten once they finally decide to let her walk a full season.

Sora is likely a Louis Vuitton exclusive so that'll knock her off the list.

I agree about Julia Merkelbach being exclusive. Thankfully she’s had a decent couture season. Hope to see her everywhere next ready to wear.

How’s diversity looking this season? Outside of a few shows, there seems to be overall more girls of color.

Sora is likely a Louis Vuitton exclusive so that'll knock her off the list.

I am praying she opens the show. She's one of the absolute main LV girls of this era and deserves it.

I am praying she opens the show. She's one of the absolute main LV girls of this era and deserves it.

I hope so too. She's been one of the last few looks for a few shows now so I'm ready for her to take an opening or closing slot.

Leila's leading with 9 shows, about 5 girls behind her with 8 shows including McKenna. Seeing Leila topping the mid Paris count is unreal, I would never expected that to come!

Leila's leading with 9 shows, about 5 girls behind her with 8 shows including McKenna. Seeing Leila topping the mid Paris count is unreal, I would never expected that to come!

Hope she can take the lead to the end! ^_^

It seems Jess PW is having a big drop in number of total shows after being the top walker the last 2 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"